Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roster moves: Prince back from IR, Mike Thomas waived
Welp, nothing we didn't already see coming here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-make-roster-moves-with-isaiah-prince-mike-thomas-and-tegray-scales/ar-AA14nx7u?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=3d8c078ae23e4d5e9d6eef3f6cb8e1c5

Quote:The Cincinnati Bengals have announced the following roster moves:

Designated offensive tackle Isaiah Prince for return from the injured reserve list and returned him to the active roster. A fourth-year veteran, Prince had been on IR since September 2nd with an elbow injury.

Waived wide receiver Mike D. Thomas. Thomas, a seventh-year player, signed with the Bengals as a free agent in 2020.
Released linebacker Tegray Scales from the practice squad. Scales, a first-year player out of Indiana, signed with the Bengals as a free agent in July.

With Prince making his return to the 53-man roster, Thomas was cut to make room. And it looks like the Bengals cut Scales from the practice squad to make room for Thomas to join it if he clears waivers.

Thomas being waived might also be a sign that Ja’Marr Chase will return soon, possibly this week. It could also be interpreted as the Bengals are ready for Trenton Irwin to effectively take Thomas’ spot after having a big performance vs. the Pittsburgh Steelers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 04:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Welp, nothing we didn't already see coming here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-make-roster-moves-with-isaiah-prince-mike-thomas-and-tegray-scales/ar-AA14nx7u?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=3d8c078ae23e4d5e9d6eef3f6cb8e1c5

Trenton Irwin has simply outplayed Thomas on offense. Looks like Zac overruled Simmons on that one. Rightfully so if he did.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 04:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Welp, nothing we didn't already see coming here.

The whole roster moves post is inspiring.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 04:49 PM)Nepa Wrote: The whole roster moves post is inspiring.

As uninspiring as the return of Isaiah Prince to the active roster sounds, the Bengals have been using a 3rd tackle on some packages lately and having some measured success with it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 04:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: Trenton Irwin has simply outplayed Thomas on offense. Looks like Zac overruled Simmons on that one. Rightfully so if he did.

Trent Irwin though reverted to the practice squad today.  He cannot be elevated again without being signed to the 53-man roster.  If they have to open up another spot for Trent the likely cut would be Jackson Carman or D'Ante Smith, especially with Prince back on the squad.  If Mixon and Evans are healthy enough then Trayveon Williams is expendable.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:06 PM)pally Wrote: Trent Irwin though reverted to the practice squad today.  He cannot be elevated again without being signed to the 53-man roster.  If they have to open up another spot for Trent the likely cut would be Jackson Carman or D'Ante Smith, especially with Prince back on the squad.  If Mixon and Evans are healthy enough then Trayveon Williams is expendable.

Interesting....well, he did pretty good yesterday. This must mean they expect Uno back by Sunday.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: Interesting....well, he did pretty good yesterday. This must mean they expect Uno back by Sunday.

or they know that they can elevate Mike Thomas from the PS 3 times.  This is of course assuming Mike Thomas is signed to the PS and I don't see why that wouldn't happen unless he signs with another team first.  He's a free agent so we don't have to wait out the waiver wire

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:25 PM)pally Wrote: or they know that they can elevate Mike Thomas from the PS 3 times.  This is of course assuming Mike Thomas is signed to the PS and I don't see why that wouldn't happen unless he signs with another team first.  He's a free agent so we don't have to wait out the waiver wire

No one is signing him.... lol
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:28 PM)QueenCity Wrote: No one is signing him.... lol

What we want to see is who they will be cutting to sign Irwin to the 53. 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:06 PM)pally Wrote: Trent Irwin though reverted to the practice squad today.  He cannot be elevated again without being signed to the 53-man roster.  If they have to open up another spot for Trent the likely cut would be Jackson Carman or D'Ante Smith, especially with Prince back on the squad.  If Mixon and Evans are healthy enough then Trayveon Williams is expendable.

Better be careful the Giants don't scoop Irwin up. They are desperate for WRs.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:37 PM)Nepa Wrote: Better be careful the Giants don't scoop Irwin up. They are desperate for WRs.

He can be protected from poaching

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:43 PM)pally Wrote: He can be protected from poaching

How could Irwin be protected from poaching? I would think if another team wants him, the ball will be in Irwin's court (Irwin's field?) in terms of whether to stay with the loaded Bengals WR corp or move onto a playoff team desperate for WRs. Right now he's on a practice squad and my understanding is another team can sign him to the 53.
Reply/Quote

I get a bit confused sometimes.  Who is replacing Irwin on the 53 or did he not count toward the 53 for some reason?  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:54 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I get a bit confused sometimes.  Who is replacing Irwin on the 53 or did he not count toward the 53 for some reason?  

PS players can get called up for a game, 3 times in the season.

Yesterday was callup #3, so he'd need to be on the active roster to play anymore this season.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:50 PM)Nepa Wrote: How could Irwin be protected from poaching? I would think if another team wants him, the ball will be in Irwin's court (Irwin's field?) in terms of whether to stay with the loaded Bengals WR corp or move onto a playoff team desperate for WRs. Right now he's on a practice squad and my understanding is another team can sign him to the 53.

Each week, the team can protect 3 practice squad players from being poached by another team so the Bengals should they be so inclined will protect Trent Irwin

Reply/Quote

Thought T. Williams played well last game. 
Reply/Quote

Mike Thomas is a guy that actually seems to have the talent and by that I mean speed but just doesn't really seem to have the football IQ to succeed at this level.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 06:03 PM)pally Wrote: Each week, the team can protect 3 practice squad players from being poached by another team so the Bengals should they be so inclined will protect Trent Irwin

Thanks for the info.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 06:59 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote:
Mike Thomas is a guy that actually seems to have the talent and by that I mean speed but just doesn't really seem to have the football IQ to succeed at this level.

Jesus he not only didn’t react and make a play on the ball, he allowed the defender to swim around him and catch it

I thought that was a good throw and an amazing play by the DB when i first saw it but now i see it was an easy pick due to Thomas not making effort. I would’ve caught that
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As uninspiring as the return of Isaiah Prince to the active roster sounds, the Bengals have been using a 3rd tackle on some packages lately and having some measured success with it.

I may not be remembering correctly but t I seem to remember him doing pretty well as a 3rd tackle last year. If his job is just to go maul someone he does ok.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote