Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roster turnover
I really like the roster turnover that this new coaching staff was able to pull off.
This locker room has been very enjoyable to follow. We don't seem to have malcontents.
Carlos Dunlap wanted out and was traded for basically nothing. AJ Green and Atkins time was up in Cincinnati.

Dunlap was great last year after the trade but this year his stats are horrible. It is interesting to see how disappointed the Seattle fans are with Dunlap. His up and down effort rubs off on other players. Seattle has gone downhill and you have to wonder how much blame is on Dunlap. I still don't understand why Geno Atkins has not signed with anyone. I assume he cannot pass a physical.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 09:21 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I really like the roster turnover that this new coaching staff was able to pull off.
This locker room has been very enjoyable to follow. We don't seem to have malcontents.
Carlos Dunlap wanted out and was traded for basically nothing. AJ Green and Atkins time was up in Cincinnati.

Dunlap was great last year after the trade but this year his stats are horrible. It is interesting to see how disappointed the Seattle fans are with Dunlap. His up and down effort rubs off on other players. Seattle has gone downhill and you have to wonder how much blame is on Dunlap. I still don't understand why Geno Atkins has not signed with anyone. I assume he cannot pass a physical.

Carlos needs to be a "man" and post locker room stuff in Seattle. Then whine..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
To the best of my understanding, one of the first things a new coaching staff does is work on installing their culture. Sometimes, this rubs players the wrong way and they get upset, though there are other factors involved sometimes as well (aka losing). It's important for coaches to squash that by either bringing the player aside and communicating with them or getting them out of the locker room. I think that is what we were watching last year.

That information was given to me by a guy I know who was a DC at the NCAA level and is now DC for a 6A school down in Dallas. Not huge credentials, but he has enough experience to intelligently comment on situations like this. From my perspective, it worked. The locker room seems great from an outside perspective, team is winning, everyone seems happy. I hope it continues.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 09:30 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: To the best of my understanding, one of the first things a new coaching staff does is work on installing their culture. Sometimes, this rubs players the wrong way and they get upset, though there are other factors involved sometimes as well (aka losing). It's important for coaches to squash that by either bringing the player aside and communicating with them or getting them out of the locker room. I think that is what we were watching last year.

That information was given to me by a guy I know who was a DC at the NCAA level and is now DC for a 6A school down in Dallas. Not huge credentials, but he has enough experience to intelligently comment on situations like this. From my perspective, it worked. The locker room seems great from an outside perspective, team is winning, everyone seems happy. I hope it continues.

Interesting that a coaches opinion would be that the problem is never with the coach and always with the player.

Personally I think some coaches just screw up and lose all the time so they don't really have a "culture" to install.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 09:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Carlos needs to be a "man" and post locker room stuff in Seattle. Then whine..

WTF would he do that?  He is not being benched behind inferior players like he was here.  He is still playing in a regular rotation getting about half of the snaps in Seattle.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 10:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WTF would he do that?  He is not being benched behind inferior players like he was here.  He is still playing in a regular rotation getting about half of the snaps in Seattle.

Unless you're a starting QB, you don't get "benched". He was in a regular rotation here; but he chose to be a "man". Why shouldn't he do the same in Seattle? He only got 17 snaps last game. It's time to "man up" Carlos..

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 10:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Interesting that a coaches opinion would be that the problem is never with the coach and always with the player.

Personally I think some coaches just screw up and lose all the time so they don't really have a "culture" to install.

We spoke about this as well, albeit in a different conversation. He was talking about how important it is to connect to your players. He said that in the NFL, you have to approach these guys differently because they are grown men and professionals. He used Saban as an example, saying that if you go into the NFL and start yelling at these guys, it isn’t going to go over well. That would be an example of the coach being a problem.

I’m not taking it as gospel, of course, but it’s interesting insight. I’m sure there are other scenarios that are self inflicted with coaches.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 09:21 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote:  His up and down effort rubs off on other players. Seattle has gone downhill and you have to wonder how much blame is on Dunlap.

You can't be serious.

Over the previous 11 seasons ('10-'20) JJ Watt is the only player with more QB hits than Dunlap's and no defensive lineman has more passes defended.  Los is also 7th in tackles, 9th in sacks, and 13th in tackles for loss (among all players).

He has gone to the playoffs 6 times, played for 5 top-10 defenses, and went to 2 Pro Bowls.

He was one of the most consistently productive defensive players in the league for over a decade. And he was not a freak athlete who could get by on raw ability alone.

And you think a guy like that might be the reason the Seahawks are losing this year?

Seriously man, WTF?
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 10:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WTF would he do that?  He is not being benched behind inferior players like he was here.  He is still playing in a regular rotation getting about half of the snaps in Seattle.

Ya and he completely blows... What's your point? I'm glad we got rid of that bastard...
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 10:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You can't be serious.

Over the previous 11 seasons ('10-'20) JJ Watt is the only player with more QB hits than Dunlap's and no defensive lineman has more passes defended.  Los is also 7th in tackles, 9th in sacks, and 13th in tackles for loss (among all players).

He has gone to the playoffs 6 times, played for 5 top-10 defenses, and went to 2 Pro Bowls.

He was one of the most consistently productive defensive players in the league for over a decade. And he was not a freak athlete who could get by on raw ability alone.

And you think a guy like that might be the reason the Seahawks are losing this year?

Seriously man, WTF?

I know I do

The guy half assed it way too much.. He's a Malcontent...

Besides those days are over for him.  All he has is being a selfish ***** now..
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 10:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unless you're a starting QB, you don't get "benched". He was in a regular rotation here; but he chose to be a "man". 

He only played 12 snaps in his final game as a Bengal while Amani Bledsoe and Khalid Kareen got 46.  That was the final straw.

(11-23-2021, 10:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why shouldn't he do the same in Seattle? He only got 17 snaps last game. It's time to "man up" Carlos..

It is funny how I keep explaining this to you over and over again, but you still don't get it.

If Dunlap is not better than the guys in front of him then he is not going to complain.  But you have to ignore that so that you can still keep trying to spin the lie that he was just a malcontent who was not being disrespected and misused by the coaches.

Here is a hint to help you understand why Pete Carroll and Marvin Lewis did not have a problem with Dunlap being a malcontent.  Look at their career coaching records compared to Taylors.  Dunlap respects coaches who know how to win.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 10:43 PM)Tony Wrote:  The guy half assed it way too much.

Based on his production 90% of the defensive players in the league "half-assed it way to much".

(11-23-2021, 10:43 PM)Tony Wrote:  he was a malcontent

So were George Washington and Martin Luther King.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 10:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He only played 12 snaps in his final game as a Bengal while Amani Bledsoe and Khalid Kareen got 46.  That was the final straw.

It is funny how I keep explaining this to you over and over again, but you still don't get it.

If Dunlap is not better than the guys in front of him then he is not going to complain.  But you have to ignore that so that you can still keep trying to spin the lie that he was just a malcontent who was not being disrespected and misused by the coaches.

Here is a hint to help you understand why Pete Carroll and Marvin Lewis did not have a problem with Dunlap being a malcontent.  Look at their career coaching records compared to Taylors.  Dunlap respects coaches who know how to win.

I don't need a "hint" from you to understand anything.. The dude posted locker room material and cried on social media. You have classified (and doubled down on) that's what a "man" does. 

I find it to be the exact opposite of being a man; but I have little doubt we have different definitions on what constitutes being a man. 

Reply/Quote
Avoiding the Dunlap debate. Yes this is a good team the coaches and FO have put together that obviously fits what
the coaches wanted to install. It shows on and off the field and I think this team could make a big time run as long
as they are prepared week to week.
Reply/Quote
A little off topic, but I was shocked to hear there are two people on the Chargers roster that were in San Diego. Bosa is one of them.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 10:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't need a "hint" from you to understand anything.. The dude posted locker room material and cried on social media. You have classified (and doubled down on) that's what a "man" does. 

I find it to be the exact opposite of being a man; but I have little doubt we have different definitions on what constitutes being a man. 

You believe that a man just bends over and takes what ever is given to him.

Personally I think players who stand up for their beliefs and protest unfair treatment are the bigger men.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 10:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Based on his production 90% of the defensive players in the league "half-assed it way to much".

He posted inside information on the team , on social media!! How could you stick up for this guy? Ya, Marvin sure knew how to win, unless it was a huge prime time or playoff game. I guarantee Taylor gets a playoff victory.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 11:02 PM)Tony Wrote: He posted inside information on the team , on social media!! How could you stick up for this guy?

Our depth chart is posted all over the internet.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 10:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Based on his production 90% of the defensive players in the league "half-assed it way to much".

Carlos Dunlap = MLK

It's entertaining when you go Full Fred.

Carlos was playing like garbage and the coaches tried to see what they had in the young guys. That's all it was. There was no "unfair" treatment of Carlos Dunlap. Things weren't going how he like it and decided to point the finger everywhere but in the mirror. Or as you call it: He was a man. 

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 11:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Carlos Dunlap = MLK

It's entertaining when you go Full Fred.

Carlos was playing like garbage and the coaches tried to see what they had in the young guys. That's all it was. There was no "unfair" treatment of Carlos Dunlap. Things weren't going how he like it and decided to point the finger everywhere but in the mirror. Or as you call it: He was a man. 

That's what I remember.. Fred wants us to think he was still playing at  an all pro caliber for us.. His whining and half assing started way before that trade.. We were all bitching about him.. I seem to remember a couple of games lossed directly because of Carlos...
Reply/Quote