Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Roster update-DT signed to PS XSF released
(01-18-2022, 07:49 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Costin Miami O stud is great against run.  Nice pick up at this stage in season.  He could stick for next season.

Awesome as I knew nothing about Costin. Thanks Psych. ThumbsUp

(01-18-2022, 11:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Sounds like some good moves, pay Spain some of that.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 03:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yea not sure I get why Spotrac is showing that, his base salary I doubt was guaranteed for next year so no clue how they got to 3.1 in dead cap. I went to OTC to see what they had and OTC reflects it like I would have guessed with the 333k dead cap, so I am going to go with Spotrac got it wrong here. 

You may indeed be correct, but I'd point out: 

1) OTC still has him on the active roster for 2022, I know that's wrong. 
2) OTC does not have him listed as dead money for either year. 
3) Both OTC & spotrac show his 2022 dead cap # as $333k. That is not in dispute. Just weather a player released in the post-season triggers the dead cap from which year. 

Hope you guys are right.  Probably are. I mean, that was a an awful dumb FO move if not. 
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 07:40 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: You may indeed be correct, but I'd point out: 

1) OTC still has him on the active roster for 2022, I know that's wrong. 
2) OTC does not have him listed as dead money for either year. 
3) Both OTC & spotrac show his 2022 dead cap # as $333k. That is not in dispute. Just weather a player released in the post-season triggers the dead cap from which year. 

Hope you guys are right.  Probably are. I mean, that was a an awful dumb FO move if not. 

The dead money is only guaranteed or prorated bonus, so unless his contract was fully guaranteed for next year (it wasn’t) then it was wrong.
Reply/Quote
Andre Perrotta knows his stuff when it comes to the cap. Whatever he put in that tweet I guarantee it’s right.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote