Poll: Do we root for the Stains or the Ratbirds?
Stains
Ratbirds
Tie
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round 2 -- Do we root for the Stains or the Ratbirds?
Baker Hurt now
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 05:03 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The ESPN morning show directly states that Lamar and Wilson are the leading MVP candidates for the 2021 NFL season. They especially focus on Lamar because the Wilson talk faded when he hurt his finger.

Your assumption is wrong. I think Baltimore is a vastly superior franchise than the Bengals; that's not saying much because I think most professional teams are superior than the Bengals. Lamar had an MVP season, is an amazing talent, and I like watching him ball. I will not repeatedly tout he's the 2021 NFL MVP like the ESPN crew. I think it's annoying they do. That's my take. I don't care if you disagree but it was dumb to say people discussing Lamar isn't the 2021 MVP are just hating on a QB that isn't Burrow. You're assumption is wrong and it's childish discourse. Peace out on this talk. I see no point in engaging you further.

Wilson? No, I didn't think you were talking about MVP candidates, just why Lamar is talked about so much. The latter is easy to answer, the former is subjective and Wilson not being a candidate is objective. I'd be surprised they said that about a 4-8 team.

Here are their MVP candidates from 3 weeks ago:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32646561/nfl-mvp-watch-2021-ranking-top-candidates-risers-close-race-including-tom-brady-lamar-jackson

They include why they include Lamar, they have a ton of injuries, 88 people on their roster. Also this:

"Prior to a head-scratching 22-10 loss to Miami, the Ravens had scored at least 14 points in all 45 of Jackson's career starts. That was the longest such streak by any starting quarterback to begin his NFL career since 1950 and a testament to his impact on the offense."
Reply/Quote
Brown run on 3rd and 13. Horrible coaching
Reply/Quote
That should been roughing on Baker. Drove him into the ground and put all his weight on him..
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 05:04 PM)Tony Wrote: Baker Hurt now

He was hurt before the game, if we believe it.
Reply/Quote
Villenueva sucks
Reply/Quote
This dude looks like lamar when he runs lol
Reply/Quote
Baker mayfield somehow walking on sidelines with 9 injuries
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 04:39 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I heard a lot of people say this, that pick 6 ended it. That pick 6 was our first drive, wasn't it? I believe in momentum also, but I'd chime PhilHos in this case, we were down only 9-0 or 10-0 at that point in the 1Q. 

We got smoked the rest of the game too. If we lose after that kind of singular misstep we won't make the playoffs.

I’m not expecting a play off run this year. I’m expecting Burrow and tge core players to learn from this stretch of games. Winning and getting into the play offs would be a luxury right now.
Reply/Quote
I hate Justin Tucker
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 05:13 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Baker mayfield somehow walking on sidelines with 9 injuries

Yeah. Give the dude credit. He’s a man’s man.
Old school football mentality.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 05:18 PM)Tony Wrote: I hate Justin Tucker

Replace the T with an F.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 05:17 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I’m not expecting a play off run this year. I’m expecting Burrow and tge core players to learn from this stretch of games. Winning and getting into the play offs would be a luxury right now.

I would like to make the playoffs, but that would also mean Zac taylor gets 25 more years.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 05:24 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I would like to make the playoffs, but that would also mean Zac taylor gets 25 more years.

If I gave Marvin 15 yrs. we can give Zac another 12 yrs.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 05:24 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I would like to make the playoffs, but that would also mean Zac taylor gets 25 more years.

I think it’s a lock Zac comes back for 2 more years. He went from 2 to 4 to 7 if that’s all he gets this year. That’s good progress even if the fans don’t care for it.
Reply/Quote
Stupid Browns kicker. They are gonna blow this..
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 05:31 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: If I gave Marvin 15 yrs. we can give Zac another 12 yrs.

I agree Marvin stayed too long but look at the dude's record and look at zac.

8-8, 8-8, 11-5, 8-8 first 4 years. Zac is stumblin, we can say this team is/was probably worse. When you look at this way, it looks bad, Zac has lost 30 of his first 44 games. We're doing well this year though, at least.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 05:32 PM)Tony Wrote: Stupid Browns kicker. They are gonna blow this..

The way you're rooting for the Browns, they might beat us again and then have the division later this year lol
Reply/Quote
Close to OPI but nobody knows these days, backup trying to make it a game
Reply/Quote
Good stop Brownies. Now put this game away..
Reply/Quote