Poll: Do we root for the Stains or the Ratbirds?
Stains
Ratbirds
Tie
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round 2 -- Do we root for the Stains or the Ratbirds?
(12-12-2021, 04:40 PM)Joelist Wrote: If Cleveland wins then today is a must win game or we fall out of playoff seeding at this point.

If Lamar’s injury is as bad as it sounds it could be they are done so that may give us a bit more margin but not much.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 04:46 PM)Tony Wrote: I don't get how anyone thinks he is an MVP.. It's not what have you done 2 years ago. It's about now... He's not even a top 20 QB

Or a top 25

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 04:46 PM)Tony Wrote: I don't get how anyone thinks he is an MVP.. It's not what have you done 2 years ago. It's about now... He's not even a top 20 QB

Who is discussing if he's MVP, I didn't hear anyone on ESPN say that. Now if you're talking about why they're getting attention, they're the division leader so.

It's just how it works, once you're a superstar though you get all the attention, even when lebron sucks they focus on him. Superstars have bad years (cough mahomes).
Reply/Quote
Brownies turnover!!
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 04:49 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Who is discussing if he's MVP, I didn't hear anyone on ESPN say that. Now if you're talking about why they're getting attention, they're the division leader so.

It's just how it works, once you're a superstar though you get all the attention, even when lebron sucks they focus on him. Superstars have bad years (cough mahomes).

No they have said he is an MVP candidate.. First take and max , esp Keyshawn have all said it recently..
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 04:42 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I don't think your reply dignifies a response, but there's a reason they focus on someone who is 36-6 and 1200 yard rushing "just a short while ago". Your definition of present is different. Lamar isn't even Burrow's age yet lol.

He started 30-7 what more are you going to ask. Curry still got attention when they fumbled and miss the playoffs, once you're a superstar, that's all.

The bolded line is just your inability to admit your first remark didn't at all make sense for the context of the conversation. Again, people offering Lamar's current season isn't MVP worthy doesn't equate to us hating on QBs that aren't Burrow. Your inclusion of that statement in your reply had no merit and was pointless.

My definition of present is different? What the are you even going on about? Maybe you have some illusory superiority complex thing going on with your post or again, just have an inability to recognize when you post something that is dumb as hell. If you want to disagree with the opinions that Lamar is playing MVP ball, that's fine but to suggest I'm hating on someone that isn't Burrow is nonsensical. ESPN labeling him a MVP candidate is silly for the 2021 season. Maybe I should conclude my post with a "lol" or is that just your lame shtick?
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 04:51 PM)Tony Wrote: Brownies turnover!!

That just sounds wrong to root for them. It's probably better they win at this point.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 04:53 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: That just sounds wrong to root for them. It's probably better they win at this point.

If we don't beat the niners and Buffalo beats the bucs we are on the outside looking in though.. gotta hope for chargers loss too..
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 04:53 PM)Tony Wrote: No they have said he is an MVP candidate.. First take and max , esp Keyshawn have all said it recently..

Correct. They aren't discussing his talents or how he's fun to watch. They are simply saying, "He's the MVP" and acting as if guys like Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, or non QBs such as Taylor aren't worth discussing. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 04:53 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The bolded line is just your inability to admit your first remark didn't at all make sense for the context of the conversation. Again, people offering Lamar's current season isn't MVP worthy doesn't equate to us hating on QBs that aren't Burrow. Your inclusion of that statement in your reply had no merit and was pointless.

My definition of present is different? What the are you even going on about? Maybe you have some illusory superiority complex thing going on with your post or again, just have an inability to recognize when you post something that is dumb as hell. If you want to disagree with the opinions that Lamar is playing MVP ball, that's fine but to suggest I'm hating on someone that isn't Burrow is nonsensical. ESPN labeling him a MVP candidate is silly for the 2021 season. Maybe I should conclude my post with a "lol" or is that just your lame shtick?

I don't think Lamar is playing MVP ball, but your sentence "makes no sense", you said you didn't like how they talk about lamar and wilson. In that context, why would they talk about MVP? Wilson's team is junk this year.

Anyway lamar's history speaks for itself, sincey ou're in a Bengals forum, one can assume you wish Burrow and Cincy got more attention. Look at baltimore's HISTORY and it speaks for itself. Even if you consider the present only this season, they are 8-4. Basic logic "lol".
Reply/Quote

I'm with you and I enjoy watching Lamar. It's fun watching the run game as facilitated by him and he's one hell of football player. But I also opine he's not on an MVP level this season despite some media telling me differently.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 04:55 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Correct. They aren't discussing his talents or how he's fun to watch. They are simply saying, "He's the MVP" and acting as if guys like Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, or non QBs such as Taylor aren't worth discussing. 

Once again your definition of present comes up, how was Mahomes playing earlier this year?
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 04:55 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Correct. They aren't discussing his talents or how he's fun to watch. They are simply saying, "He's the MVP" and acting as if guys like Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, or non QBs such as Taylor aren't worth discussing. 

I'd take Burrow 100 out of 100 times over Lamar...
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 04:57 PM)Tony Wrote: I'd take Burrow 100 out of 100 times over Lamar...

Same, but that's because I think the pocket passing QBs have more longevity in the league. 
Reply/Quote
Browns need to keep running
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 04:59 PM)Tony Wrote: Browns need to keep running

No, Baker has 5 (very real) injuries and he can perform through them.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 04:57 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Once again your definition of present comes up, how was Mahomes playing earlier this year?

Bro, we are talking about the present, not the past. He's been horrible. 15 tds 13 ints this year.. That's gotta be near the bottom...
Reply/Quote
So if the Browns win, now we legitimately have 2 teams to worry about. If the Ravens win, we only have to worry about the Ravens...
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 04:56 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I don't think Lamar is playing MVP ball, but your sentence "makes no sense", you said you didn't like how they talk about lamar and wilson. In that context, why would they talk about MVP?  Wilson is nowhere near lamar.

Anyway lamar's history speaks for itself, sincey ou're in a Bengals forum, one can assume you wish Burrow and Cincy got more attention. Look at baltimore's HISTORY and it speaks for itself. Even if you consider the present only this season, they are 8-4. Basic logic "lol".

The ESPN morning show directly states that Lamar and Wilson are the leading MVP candidates for the 2021 NFL season. They especially focus on Lamar because the Wilson talk faded when he hurt his finger.

Your assumption is wrong. I think Baltimore is a vastly superior franchise than the Bengals; that's not saying much because I think most professional teams are superior than the Bengals. Lamar had an MVP season, is an amazing talent, and I like watching him ball. I will not repeatedly tout he's the 2021 NFL MVP like the ESPN crew. I think it's annoying they do. That's my take. I don't care if you disagree but it was dumb to say people discussing Lamar isn't the 2021 MVP are just hating on a QB that isn't Burrow. You're assumption is wrong and it's childish discourse. Peace out on this talk. I see no point in engaging you further.
Reply/Quote
Baker will be out one play and come back with 6 career ending injuries.
Reply/Quote