Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Round 4 is Cordell Volson-O Line Blocker
(05-05-2022, 12:52 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'm not going to knock Pollack for talent acquisition in Dallas because he wasn't involved in scouting there.

I just find it mind blowing that we brought in 3 good-great starters in FA and have spent 7 picks in the last four drafts on OL and people still want to bring in more OL before the coaches get a look at the guys in OTA's.

5 of those 7 were Day 3 guys, and the 6th was a Mike Brown/Paul Alexander Special (last time we saw a Mike Brown Special, we got John Ross).

That's not going to get people excited when Burrow is taking 70 sacks and having two knee injuries in two years.
https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/bengals-joe-burrow-reports-for-offseason-workouts/
Quote:Burrow (knee) reported for the start of Cincinnati's offseason workouts Monday, Ben Baby of ESPN.com reports.

Burrow is recovering from a left MCL sprain, but he avoided surgery for the injury, and the Bengals haven't expressed any significant public concern about the star quarterback's health. It remains to be seen, however, whether Burrow's rehab has progressed enough for him to begin offseason activities without any limitations.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2022, 01:10 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 5 of those 7 were Day 3 guys, and the 6th was a Mike Brown/Paul Alexander Special (last time we saw a Mike Brown Special, we got John Ross).

That's not going to get people excited when Burrow is taking 70 sacks and having two knee injuries in two years.
https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/bengals-joe-burrow-reports-for-offseason-workouts/

If you're trying to win the Daytona 500 and you go buy 7 cars at your local used car lots does that mean you have a good chance ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2022, 01:10 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 5 of those 7 were Day 3 guys, and the 6th was a Mike Brown/Paul Alexander Special (last time we saw a Mike Brown Special, we got John Ross).

4th round picks typically have a "hit" rate in the high 20's depending on what draft analytics you're looking at.  The Bengals spent 3 4th's during that period on OL.  Not to mention a 2nd and two 6ths and needing to fill one starting job out of 6 draft picks with 5 of those still on the roster.  

Ross was a Tobin guy.  Marvin wanted that PoS Reuben Foster.  Brown broke the deadlock between the two.  Alexander had a run of misses before he got canned, but he also had more  than his share of hits.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2022, 08:27 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If you're trying to win the Daytona 500 and you go buy 7 cars at your local used car lots does that mean you have a good chance ?

I mean, folks do the equivalent with 7th round/UDFA WR's around here all the time.  

Mention that it would be smart to take a RB on Day 2 in case Mixon goes down and people will push a 6th round pick that hardly played last year as the answer.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2022, 07:31 PM)Whatever Wrote: I mean, folks do the equivalent with 7th round/UDFA WR's around here all the time.  

Mention that it would be smart to take a RB on Day 2 in case Mixon goes down and people will push a 6th round pick that hardly played last year as the answer.

I get it.

But I want Burrow to have a stout/stud Oline. We've had way to many seasons in the recent past with suspect, hope and a prayer Olinemen.

I know there's never any guarantees on anybody. But I'd like to go in giving it a shot at some experienced, proven vets. Not developmental guys.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2022, 07:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I get it.

But I want Burrow to have a stout/stud Oline. We've had way to many seasons in the recent past with suspect, hope and a prayer Olinemen.

I know there's never any guarantees on anybody. But I'd like to go in giving it a shot at some experienced, proven vets. Not developmental guys.

Me too. I sometimes feel the bengals took an adolescent form the managing the online.

Yank one out and pray the next did better. Or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2022, 12:33 AM)SladeX Wrote: Bad advice from J Maguire?

Actually was the smart way of going about the situation at the time.  (lol @ the JM reference) 
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2022, 08:33 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Me too.  I sometimes feel the bengals took an adolescent form the managing the online.

Yank one out and pray the next did better.  Or not

I don't understand this comment.

You honestly don't think they should have benched the bad o-linemen and tried someone else?
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2022, 08:33 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Me too.  I sometimes feel the bengals took an adolescent form the managing the online.

Yank one out and pray the next did better.  Or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was this in regard to pulling Carman in favor of Adeniji?
If so, I clearly was not happy about Adeniji's performance, but I have to assume Adeniji was showing something in at least practice that made coaches think he deserved the spot over Carman.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote