Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Round 4 is Cordell Volson-O Line Blocker
(04-30-2022, 03:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: False.

Go to https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=21559&pos=OG&wu=&ovl=

Volson's RAS for an OG is 6.07, not 9.35.

Those combine/pro day metrics in the tweet aren't even Volson's lol

Saw someone say the lower one is from the combine, and the higher one is from his Pro Day?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 03:51 PM)casear2727 Wrote:  

Thanks for sharing.
I haven't hopped on Twitter between the picks today.
Personally, I have more confidence in Carman winning the LG spot over Volson, but we'll see.
Maybe I'm just too stuck on Volson's lack of athleticism to really give him a chance.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 03:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Thanks for sharing.
I haven't hopped on Twitter between the picks today.
Personally, I have more confidence in Carman willing the LG spot over Volson, but we'll see.
Maybe I'm just too stuck on Volson's lack of athleticism to really give him a chance.

We dont have a good reason to be highly confident in either of them, but they both have potential... we can hope.

Reply/Quote
I like this pick.This guy is big and strong.A mauler.Go Bengals!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 03:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Saw someone say the lower one is from the combine, and the higher one is from his Pro Day?

I think I found the Pro Day results finally, but it was just vert, shuttle, and 3-cone.
32" vert
4.64 shuttle
7.63 3-cone
https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/stats/Cordell-Volson-OT-NorthDakotaState
https://gobison.com/news/2022/3/25/ndsu-football-pro-day-attracts-large-crowd-of-nfl-scouts.aspx

I'm shocked someone could have improved 7" on their vert, shaved off 0.29 off their shuttle, and shaved 0.68 off their 3-cone in less than a month.
Either something bad affected his combine performance (injury?) or the field/turf at NDSU is just that vastly different from the Combine.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 03:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think it has less to do with how much they plan to run next year and is more about addressing the issue on short yardage runs.

The NFL is a passing league now.  For a running game to be "successful" it doesn't have to put up big total yard numbers, but it has to be able to convert those short yardage situations.

Yea it could be Fred.
I wasn't thinking that.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think I found the Pro Day results finally, but it was just vert, shuttle, and 3-cone.
32" vert
4.64 shuttle
7.63 3-cone
https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/stats/Cordell-Volson-OT-NorthDakotaState
https://gobison.com/news/2022/3/25/ndsu-football-pro-day-attracts-large-crowd-of-nfl-scouts.aspx

I'm shocked someone could have improved 7" on their vert, shaved off 0.29 off their shuttle, and shaved 0.68 off their 3-cone in less than a month.
Either something bad affected his combine performance (injury?) or the field/turf at NDSU is just that vastly different from the Combine.

All three are technique heavy tests and it’s very possible it was a technique issue that needed corrected.
Reply/Quote
Maybe Cordell Volson will start and maybe he won’t — but I’m totally ecstatic about the offensive line depth the Bengals have now.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:08 PM)Au165 Wrote: All three are technique heavy tests and it’s very possible it was a technique issue that needed corrected.

If it was a case of bad technique, I guess I wonder wtf he was doing to prep for the Combine lol.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:20 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Maybe Cordell Volson will start and maybe he won’t — but I’m totally ecstatic about the offensive line depth the Bengals have now.
I like the pick, but I still think we need a free agent veteran guard or center.  A 4th round rookie is hardly a sure thing.  The depth is still below average quality.  Overall it is a good draft though, I don't feel like they reached on anyone this year like last year.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 05:16 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: I like the pick, but I still think we need a free agent veteran guard or center.  A 4th round rookie is hardly a sure thing.  The depth is still below average quality.  Overall it is a good draft though, I don't feel like they reached on anyone this year like last year.

Day 3 doesn't feel very exciting.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 03:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Kevin I thought you weren’t watching the draft all weekend? Wink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazy isn’t it.

Reply/Quote
Loved the read by Hobson on this kid. Tough old school work ethic growing up from a small town doing hard work. Loves the tough stuff on the field which is what you want in front of Joey B.
Reply/Quote
Loved watching the few highlights they showed of Cordell Volson. Looks smart, physical, mean and finishes guys.

Might be my favorite pick of the Draft. This guy should push Carman and D'Ante to be great. Just what we needed on the OL.

Not a very exciting Draft which is fine with me, just shows how good we have become. We don't need splash picks.

We needed to upgrade the Secondary and keep the trenches strong. We did more than that.

Still think there are moves of some sort. Simmons wanted a scary Punt Returner and we passed on all of them in a very
good PR class. For instance, I hate that the Stool got Calvin Austin, this dude is scary.
Reply/Quote
One of my favorite pics. If you like old school then this is your guy
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
There's the competition for Carman I wanted to see.

Loving this off-season. ThumbsUp
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 05:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Day 3 doesn't feel very exciting.

Sure, you nailed the picks in your mock of the first two days (may your name ever be praised), and then the Bengals decided not to follow your mock any more. You were on your way to being an NFL analyst on TV before day 3.
Reply/Quote
Jackson Carmen may wanna up his offseason intensity. A guy like this can come in and take your job before you know it. Drafted in a lower round and hes probably pissed about it
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 09:55 PM)Nepa Wrote: Sure, you nailed the picks in your mock of the first two days (may your name ever be praised), and then the Bengals decided not to follow your mock any more. You were on your way to being an NFL analyst on TV before day 3.

Hard to follow it when Doubs and Burford both went before Bengals got to pick lol.
I guess they could have taken Mitchell with their 5th rounder instead of Anderson.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This pick has probably grown on me the most. Was super bummed about losing the mammoth Faalele to the Ravens. Then we come back and grab this giant from the sticks of ND who loves the feeling of making his opponent give up and has done nothing but work and excel at multiple positions. He is a beast in his own right and has a lot more versatility than Faalele.
Reply/Quote