Other
11.69%
9 11.69%
Total 77 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round 4, pick 1
Pretty happy so far but still work to be done with lots of fruit still on the tree.  I think last 4 rounds we are looking at another LB, OL, DE, maybe CB.  Some possibilities:

LB   Troy Dye, ADG
OT Trey Adams, Prince Tega, Saddiq Charles
OG  Ben Bartch, Netane Muti, Jack Driscoll
C  Tyler Biadasz
DE  Curtis Weaver
CB  Amik Robertson, Bryce Hall, Troy Pride

Who would you like?
Reply/Quote
I wish we had a larger sample size of Fred Johnson because I think he's the starter at RT and I think the Bengals must think that too otherwise I think they would have taken Josh Jones. The kid was pretty good at LT the last few games. So if this is the case, we'll have a whole new right side of the line in Xavier Su'a-Filo and Johnson, and a new LT in Jonah Williams. I'm okay with Bobby Hart as a backup RT. The problem is there is zero depth at LT if something happened to Williams. For that reason, I think they go tackle in the 4th and grab either Prince or Bartch, unless there is a trade for Trent Williams in the works LOL.
Reply/Quote
I voted ADG. Might as well continue at trying to completely revamp the LB corp to try and make this a top 5 D which it could if you finish filling the LB corp with good players. I did want OL too but with the 5-6 starting caliber OL left, I feel like we can hedge our bets on one being there maybe?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 08:41 AM)Fullrock Wrote: I wish we had a larger sample size of Fred Johnson because I think he's the starter at RT and I think the Bengals must think that too otherwise I think they would have taken Josh Jones. The kid was pretty good at LT the last few games. So if this is the case, we'll have a whole new right side of the line in Xavier Su'a-Filo and Johnson, and a new LT in Jonah Williams. I'm okay with Bobby Hart as a backup RT. The problem is there is zero depth at LT if something happened to Williams. For that reason, I think they go tackle in the 4th and grab either Prince or Bartch, unless there is a trade for Trent Williams in the works LOL.

I hear ya Fulcher.  I picked ADG for special teams as well as OLB, but tackle depth would be a smart play.
Reply/Quote
John Simpson is the highest rated guard still available according to NFL.com, for what that's worth. Actually he was their highest rated guard going in.
Reply/Quote
Either ADG or Bartch. Also like Harrison Bryant TE.
Reply/Quote
I voted Other.

My guess at the pick would be TE Harrison Bryant. 1st team AP All-American in 2019 and had much better stats coming out of college than Sample. Would likely compete for starting job.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 09:04 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I voted Other.

My guess at the pick would be TE Harrison Bryant. 1st team AP All-American in 2019 and had much better stats coming out of college than Sample. Would likely compete for starting job.

I can't see them going back to TE after using a 2 last year.  If they did it would speak volumes about the willingness of this coaching staff to own up to mistakes.  But I think it's still too early to write off Sample.
Reply/Quote
Any reason John Simpson isnt on the list? One of the top rated guys left by all accounts.

Reply/Quote
Coming into the Draft, I was hoping that the Bengals three picks after Joe Burrow would be OT, LB, and WR. With WR and LB taken yesterday, I would like to see the Bengals pick OT Prince Tega Wanogho. If they don't take him in round 4, I would go with one of those two LBs -Dye or Davis-Gaither.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 09:12 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: Any reason John Simpson isnt on the list? One of the top rated guys left by all accounts.

Sorry Limey, he wasn't that high on the ESPN list that I was using.  I know he's a favorite of many on here.  My bad.
Reply/Quote
As things stand what is our supposed strongest offensive line?

And how would you grade each player on the o-line?
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 09:04 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I voted Other.

I voted Other for the same reason.  Zac likes good character guys and Bryant appears to fit that mold.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 09:27 AM)YorkshireBengal Wrote: As things stand what is our supposed strongest offensive line?

And how would you grade each player on the o-line?

Great question.  I'm no expert -- although I did coach O-line freshman football, lol, but I'll give it a try.

LT  Jonah Williams:  lots of potential, but who knows?  Incomplete (Ceiling A, floor C)
LG  Michael Jordan:  abused first half, all the way up to mediocre second half.  C minus (Ceiling B, floor D)
C  Trey Hopkins:  solid, they extended him so they like him  B minus (Ceiling B, floor C) 
RG  Xavier Sua-Filoa:  backup in Dallas, rep for run blocking, new team, new system  Incomplete (Ceiling C+, floor D)
RT  Bobby Hart:  they seem to like him more than we do:  C  (Ceiling C, floor C)

Fred Johnson is the wild card.  He looked good at LT at the end of last season.  Was that fool's gold or did they find something?  Could beat out Hart, or kick inside to guard.  Incomplete (Ceiling B, floor D).

As you can see, lots of uncertainty.  They say they are confident with this group, but are they?  We could definitely use an infusion of quality.  The question is, which guys still on the board would offer an upgrade?  I like Bartch.  Small school guy who went to Mobile, took on the big boys, and more than held his own.  Looked like he could handle both guard and tackle.
Reply/Quote
Without a trade back (which is a real possibility), I went with ADG.

It was close between him and Troy Dye, but I ultimately went with ADG due to his ball-hawking skills in the passing game. He has a LOT of pass breakups. His size is a bit of a concern, but for the role I see him playing here and the speed of the game today I believe he would make a solid addition to the LB corps and could possibly start in the nickel package.

I was looking at Guards as well, but I think there will be one in the top of the next round. I am not as fond of Ben Bartch as so many mainly because of his short arms. I know that is why people are putting him at Guard, but I think it will still be an issue. I like Simpson out of Clemson as a mauling RG and hope he will be there at the top of Rd 5.

The value of ADG here is too strong to pass up.
Reply/Quote
We have a small sample size of Fred, but the fact Pissburgh was pissed we claimed him tells me there's enough there. They were grooming him to be a future starter.
Reply/Quote
I didn't follow college football much at all the past few years so my knowledge of players has to be based on crap I read by so called pundits which is spotty at best IMO. BUT..With the Bengals two specific areas pretty much have to be addressed still, LBs and OL..Any serious injury in either group could leave them dead in the water really quick, especially at LB..after Bynes, Wilson and Pratt it gets really thin really fast and only one has ever played a single down for the team and he was a rookie just last year.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
For me, the pick depends on the comfort level of Xavier S at right guard. He’s always played left and is an athletic active pulling guard instead of the big maulers that usually play in the right. Apparently that is what they want for now but there is a probably a reason he hasn’t stuck. I’d prefer him at left and draft a right guard like Bartch or Muti.

If the Bengals feel good enough about what they are doing then just go grab ADK. He should be a great cover LB that we need and really strengthen the position.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:25 AM)yang Wrote: For me, the pick depends on the comfort level of Xavier S at right guard.  He’s always played left and is an athletic active pulling guard instead of the big maulers that usually play in the right. Apparently that is what they want for now but there is a probably a reason he hasn’t stuck.  I’d prefer him at left and draft a right guard like Bartch or Muti.  

If the Bengals feel good enough about what they are doing then just go grab ADK.  He should be a great cover LB that we need and really strengthen the position.

Dallas fans feel their line was better when XFS was playing. 
Reply/Quote
I'd be happy with a guard, OT, or linebacker here. A lot of promising players to choose from.

I see the Jags have three 4th round picks. There may be potential we get one of these for Dalton... At this point it seems like wishful thinking. A release or restructured deal might be the only way forward.
Reply/Quote