Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Round 5 is Tycen Anderson-Safety
(04-30-2022, 04:15 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah I don't like this. We have other needs. I like Bates but if your gonna do this trade him pre-draft.

What's not to like about it?  The Safety room just got younger, faster, tougher.  The team just went from "What are we going to do if we can't reach a long term deal with Jesse Bates?" to now having two up and coming Safeties to eventually assume the roles.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Chasing down Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson four times a year? Oh yes! Give me the fastest secondary on the planet!

Yep Zac’s said it 1000 times the goal is to win the division first. Proud of this draft. Anderson,Hill, and Cam Taylor-Britt massive locker room warriors. The culture focus continues. Volson is too.
Reply/Quote
Dude has good size and is highly athletic and fast.
Backup safety.
Also has versatility to play some slot CB.

Bengals have really invested into some DB depth now.

Curious to see who the last pick ends up being. Sucks basically having to wait until around the end of the 7th though.
Draft pretty much over at this point.

Guess I'll finish mowing the lawn.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:15 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah I don't like this. We have other needs. I like Bates but if your gonna do this trade him pre-draft.

Because you can’t count on getting the players you covet available
Reply/Quote
More I hear from his interview it def sounds like this is a pure special team selection.... says he can also return the ball
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
We need that Tyrone Biggims meme with Lou asking for more DB’s. :lol:

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What's not to like about it?  The Safety room just got younger, faster, tougher.  The team just went from "What are we going to do if we can't reach a long term deal with Jesse Bates?" to now having two up and coming Safeties to eventually assume the roles.

I think the concern is around the fact that no offensive weapons were added.
The depth WRs are trash when it comes to offensive capability.
Same with the depth TEs.
Punt Returner is likely Trent Taylor again at this point.

If one of James Mitchell or Jalen Wydermyer lasts to Bengals remaining 7th pick, I'd probably lean one of them.
Could be some decent LB choices too, as well as OL.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:26 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Yep Zac’s said it 1000 times the goal is to win the division first. Proud of this draft. Anderson,Hill, and Cam Taylor-Britt massive locker room warriors. The culture focus continues. Volson is too.

Very good points.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What's not to like about it?  The Safety room just got younger, faster, tougher.  The team just went from "What are we going to do if we can't reach a long term deal with Jesse Bates?" to now having two up and coming Safeties to eventually assume the roles.

I would've liked to have seen other areas get addressed. I'm beginning to see a trend workout with the Taylor and staff draft strategies besides having Burrow and Chase fall in there laps. They pick a need and just over draft it. I'll like it more if they sign more free agents after the draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:22 PM)kevin Wrote: They signed 3 Free Agent TE's plus still have Sample and others.  TE is not as weak as some think.  They loaded up on that in Free Agency.  I wouldn't mind a late round RB.  Every College has a star RB.   If Mixon gets hurt, I would like more options at RB Depth.   Running the ball would cut down on Burrow getting clobbered.

I only want a TE so I don't have to see any more of Sample.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:29 PM)QueenCity Wrote: More I hear from his interview it def sounds like this is a pure special team selection.... says he can also return the ball

Not sure about that.
Anderson played 5 years in college and had 1 KR for 0 yards and 0 PRs.
He'll likely be more of a gunner.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:31 PM)CardCounterChris Wrote: I only want a TE so I don't have to see any more of Sample.

Sample's on this team for a while.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:29 PM)QueenCity Wrote: More I hear from his interview it def sounds like this is a pure special team selection.... says he can also return the ball

He was a preseason Thorpe watch list player, he is more than special teams. He’s actually a quality safety that can play both positions so he adds extra value for being active day roster potentially.
Reply/Quote
Paul Dehner: The Athletic
Tycen Anderson says he wasn’t a two-time captain, was a three-time captain. Elected by his teammates, many of whom are at his draft party now.

“I take it serious. I know I’m a leader and my voice needs to be heard.”

How serious? Currently finishing his masters in leadership.

Defense Culture Versatility

Over and over and over and over.

Clear and obvious theme of #Bengals draft attack.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:33 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Sample's on this team for a while.

Let me dream okay...
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:31 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I would've liked to have seen other areas get addressed. I'm beginning to see a trend workout with the Taylor and staff draft strategies besides having Burrow and Chase fall in there laps. They pick a need and just over draft it. I'll like it more if they sign more free agents after the draft.

There's still some very solid veteran WRs unsigned that could be a good WR4.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/available/

Some decent TEs as well, but not probably any long-term guys to groom.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/tight-end/available/
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:33 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Sample's on this team for a while.

Technically just this season  Smirk

Fans will lose their s**t if Sample gets re-signed.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Technically just this season  Smirk

Fans will lose their s**t if Sample gets re-signed.

You know he will Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:34 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Paul Dehner: The Athletic
Tycen Anderson says he wasn’t a two-time captain, was a three-time captain. Elected by his teammates, many of whom are at his draft party now.

“I take it serious. I know I’m a leader and my voice needs to be heard.”

How serious? Currently finishing his masters in leadership

This team is filled with quality players. This trend of getting captains and also some very smart individuals is a great idea for the culture.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:12 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I dont disagree, not sure trading up was necessary and Bo Melton was available... WR4/Returner 4.3 forty

you trade up if your guy is there and you feel the tradeup is worth it.. obviously the coaching staff had this penciled as the best fit and felt it was worth the trade up
Reply/Quote