Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Round 5 is Tycen Anderson-Safety
(04-30-2022, 04:11 PM)CardCounterChris Wrote: Secondary overkill at this point.  I'd like to see a TE, or another depth piece at LB, or another OL.

Only thing they didn't really cover at this point is Oline depth and TE. 

Although I've been on the skip TE this year and roll with Hurst since the TE group was below average and about all you could hope for is an average starter even with the top 3.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Anyway, I can never get enough of these.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 05:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Perhaps he played on a poor team, and was misused in his role there?  His physical attributes are for real, and the team definitely sees something in him that they like. 

He is practically a world class athlete and intelligent.  And if he is up to 220 and plans on covering TE's or backs in the flat Im better with that.

My frustration is brewing over from Twitter with respected Bengal fans saying that he is the reason we will lose Bates.... Im sure Bates is already gone next year, but this stupidity is crazy.  I have zero doubt if Bates is gone Hill is FS, but this kid needs to stay in the box... trading up I still dont get?

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 05:09 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Only thing they didn't really cover at this point is Oline depth and TE. 

Although I've been on the skip TE this year and roll with Hurst since the TE group was below average and about all you could hope for is an average starter even with the top 3.

WR4 is still a big need. Unless folks want to see Mike Thomas or Stanley Morgan in that role.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 05:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t put much stock into QBR.

Its pretty important as to how well a player defended passes thrown at him....

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 05:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: WR4 is still a big need. Unless folks want to see Mike Thomas or Stanley Morgan in that role.

You are right on that, that one slipped my mind. 

Be nice to grab a free agent on a one year deal for that role, maybe Will Fuller, Jarvis Landry or Emmanuel Sanders. Hell maybe even Cole Beasley or Adam Humphries, although I know Beasley brings some controversy. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 05:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: WR4 is still a big need. Unless folks want to see Mike Thomas or Stanley Morgan in that role.

Honestly I'm pro Morgan getting a chance to step up in role.  I've seen more than enough Mike Thomas though...
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 05:07 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Look past the yards and the number of receptions... 114 QBR - he played the box short zone, so no deep passes but a lot of completions.  If he has truly already gained weight to 220 and strictly doing box stuff with TEs I guess thats better and Im sure he will be a ST fan favorite. Again, not sure why we traded up?

Perhaps they thought they saw something in the guy they can use and didn't want to take a chance on losing him ? I wouldn't get all worked up about a late round pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 05:15 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: You are right on that, that one slipped my mind. 

Be nice to grab a free agent on a one year deal for that role, maybe Will Fuller, Jarvis Landry or Emmanuel Sanders. Hell maybe even Cole Beasley or Adam Humphries, although I know Beasley brings some controversy. 

I agree we need a WR4 but how do we afford a Landry or Fuller ? 

Sanders, Hump and Beasley are doable but do any want to be WR4?

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 05:10 PM)casear2727 Wrote: He is practically a world class athlete and intelligent.  And if he is up to 220 and plans on covering TE's or backs in the flat Im better with that.

My frustration is brewing over from Twitter with respected Bengal fans saying that he is the reason we will lose Bates.... Im sure Bates is already gone next year, but this stupidity is crazy.  I have zero doubt if Bates is gone Hill is FS, but this kid needs to stay in the box... trading up I still dont get?

There's a reason I have never had a Twitter account, and your situation today supports my thoughts on not starting one.  Cool

But yeah, he's a great athlete and I'm sure that the staff has specific plans for him in mind.  There's a reason that those guys are paid to make football decisions, and the rest of those bozos on social media are tweeting their "feelings" on the decisions of others.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What's not to like about it?  The Safety room just got younger, faster, tougher.  The team just went from "What are we going to do if we can't reach a long term deal with Jesse Bates?" to now having two up and coming Safeties to eventually assume the roles. 

It's not just Bates they have to think about.  Bell is also a free agent at the end of this season with zero guarantee he'll stick around.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 05:21 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I agree we need a WR4 but how do we afford a Landry or Fuller ? 

Sanders, Hump and Beasley are doable but do any want to be WR4?

Landry maybe not but Fuller should not cost too much.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 05:26 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Landry maybe not but Fuller should not cost too much.

Fuller was like 10M per the last couple years, maybe he takes a discount? 

Reply/Quote
No such thing as secondary overkill in the modern NFL. The AFC has 8,000 Pro Bowl quarterbacks. I love it.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 05:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Anyway, I can never get enough of these.

That was fantastic!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 05:07 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Look past the yards and the number of receptions... 114 QBR - he played the box short zone, so no deep passes but a lot of completions.  If he has truly already gained weight to 220 and strictly doing box stuff with TEs I guess thats better and Im sure he will be a ST fan favorite. Again, not sure why we traded up?

I would expect that this year, here's the depth chart:
FS - Bates, Hill (also backup slot CB)
SS - Bell, Anderson
CB - Awuzie, Hilton, Apple, CTB (could be starter over Apple), Flowers, Davis

Bengals seem to want to make sure to get their guys and could feel they pick so late in the rounds that their guy could not be there.
Therefore, they trade up to get them.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 05:30 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: No such thing as secondary overkill in the modern NFL. The AFC has 8,000 Pro Bowl quarterbacks. I love it.

Absolutely true!  Drafting a bunch of sub 4.4 DBs sounds like a good plan to me.  
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:43 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Where are you guys seeing a quality safety, potential CB?  He is a liability in coverage, terrible QBR (114) vs crap competition.  Now if it is true he may be moving to LB that is different IMO.

He is a 5th rounder, perfect project pick, coaching can improve it cant improve much on athletics and speed,  this kid is fast and athletic,  which the staff desired, they have depth to be able to work with him he is not a projected starter coming in.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 05:41 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He is a 5th rounder, perfect project pick, coaching can improve it cant improve much on athletics and speed,  this kid is fast and athletic,  which the staff desired, they have depth to be able to work with him he is not a projected starter coming in.

I doubt he will ever be a deep defender starter in the league. If he has truly bulked up to 220 to play Will or the flat, TE's etc this makes much more sense.  There really is no coaching deep defense, you either have the hips and reaction or you dont.

Reply/Quote
I always root for MAC players. Hope he does great for us.
Reply/Quote