Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rubio: Life begins at conception
(08-12-2015, 12:32 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote:  

They call it a fetus, or embryo, or sack of cells...anything but the terms "life" or "baby".  

Calling it what it is doesn't lessen the impact.
(08-12-2015, 01:21 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I assumed by your post that critiqued mine so much about legalization was an indication that you were pro-abortion.

Apologies if I read that wrong.  

No, I think abortion is gross to be perfectly honest. I'm not a fan and it's something I'd never be happy with my significant other doing. In fact, I doubt I'd have married my wife if she didn't feel the same way that I did on the topic.

HOWEVER, I don't believe the government should be able to tell a woman that she's absolutely not allowed to make that choice. I can't get on board with calling people "baby killers" because of this. I'm anti-abortion, but I'm pro-choice. As others have said, it's entirely possible to be both of those things. People should have their freedoms, but it's a choice that my wife and I would never make.
(08-12-2015, 01:21 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I assumed by your post that critiqued mine so much about legalization was an indication that you were pro-abortion.

Apologies if I read that wrong.  

Pro-choice does not = pro-abortion.

Repeat that to yourself as long as it takes to understand it.
(08-12-2015, 02:00 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Pro-choice does not = pro-abortion.

...and anti-abortion does not = anti-rights (we just consider the rights of all parties involved)

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-12-2015, 02:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ...and anti-abortion does not = anti-rights (we just consider the rights of all parties involved)

Sure as long as the rights of the women don't count.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-12-2015, 02:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ...and anti-abortion does not = anti-rights (we just consider the rights of all parties involved)

I already did understand that.  it is possible to be anti-abortion AND pro-choice. 

And stop stealing my lines :angry:
Typical MSM question to trip up a conservative. Ben Carson answered this very well .

Quote:Neurosurgeon and 2016 Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson clarified his stance on abortion Tuesday in the wake of an attack from Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, who criticized the entire GOP field for being offensive to women.

"I spent my entire career as a pediatric neurosurgeon, frequently staying up all night, fighting, struggling to save the life of little babies, even operating on babies inside the womb. So I don't think it should be hard for anyone to understand that I am totally opposed to killing babies," Carson said on "CBS This Morning."

When host Norah O'Donnell asked whether he opposed all abortions -- even one that might be necessary to save the life of the mother -- Carson said, "You have to look at the individual situation."

"That's largely a spurious argument because we have advanced so much in medicine these days that that situation rarely occurs," he said.
(08-12-2015, 08:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Typical MSM question to trip up a conservative.  Ben Carson answered this very well .

Yes. Dr. Carson believes  in killing babies in certain situations.  Period.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-12-2015, 01:24 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I haven't looked up any stats on babies surviving outside the womb, but if your numbers are right,  then what if science gets to the point that the baby can survive outside the mother's womb?  Does it suddenly become a baby in your eyes?

Yes, that could change the way the law should work.