Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rubio: Life begins at conception
(08-07-2015, 06:23 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You ever priced those things? That would get expensive. What I was referring to is someone already on birth control or another contraceptive, or using a condom, and somehow there is a failure. Most people wouldn't think that after practicing safe sex they should get the morning after pill, but that can happen. Admittedly, most of the time there is a failure in the efficacy of the contraception it is a result of user error, but a surprising number of them do not realize they are doing it wrong. This is where better education needs to play a part as well.

I'm all for better access to contraceptive methods and better education. It's a proven way of reducing unwanted pregnancies and thus abortions.

Well that's why I am in favor of making it more affordable.
(08-07-2015, 06:21 PM)Beaker Wrote: If you consider that fertilized egg a human baby at the point of conception, then how is the morning after pill any better than an abortion? Both terminate a pregnancy.

Rep
(08-07-2015, 06:21 PM)Beaker Wrote: If you consider that fertilized egg a human baby at the point of conception, then how is the morning after pill any better than an abortion? Both terminate a pregnancy.

Well I live in a world with many beliefs.   Even though i morally disagree, I can respect that sometimes others feel they have no other choice.    Plus with abortion in its current setup, we have the Gosnell types,  and we also have pp selling baby parts now.    

All this madness stops with my proposal.    Is it perfect?   No,  in my mind zero abortions is the right thing to do, I am sure someone here wants limitless abortions.     My proposal is not perfect for either side, but it's reasonable and gets rid of most of the ugliness. I try to figure out a reasonable compromise.
I'd just like to make the point that making something illegal in no way prevents it from happening. Example, the war on drugs. Drugs are more prevalent and easier to get than ever and all the money is going into the hands of criminals instead of business owners.

Abortion was illegal at one point in our country's history and women had to do it in secret, which sometimes lead to the death of the fetus and the mother.

Ever watch the documentary Freakonomics? They make the case that the drop in crime in this country that occurred in the 90's had nothing to do with policing or politics, it happened because of Roe v. Wade.
(08-07-2015, 06:36 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well I live in a world with many beliefs.  

I couldn't have said it any better myself. Big Grin

(08-07-2015, 06:36 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Even though i morally disagree, I can respect that sometimes others feel they have no other choice.    Plus with abortion in its current setup, we have the Gosnell types,  and we also have pp selling baby parts now.    

...and there you are.

(08-07-2015, 06:36 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: All this madness stops with my proposal.    Is it perfect?   No,  in my mind zero abortions is the right thing to do, I am sure someone here wants limitless abortions.     My proposal is not perfect for either side, but it's reasonable and gets rid of most of the ugliness.   I try to figure out a reasonable compromise.

Will you hand out free coat hangers also?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-07-2015, 06:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not in the womb.  With a fertilized egg.

But sperm has DNA. You just said human DNA = human
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Folks on both sides of the abortion debate look silly at times and this thread is proof. WTS, the silliest reason to suggest it should remain legal is because if it illegal folks will break the law.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-07-2015, 08:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: the silliest reason to suggest it should remain legal is because if it illegal folks will break the law.

Good thing no one said that. 

I did like the really great point Yojimbo made that it is far safer when legal, though. 

(08-07-2015, 09:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Good thing no one said that. 

I did like the really great point Yojimbo made that it is far safer when legal, though. 

Safer for who?

(08-07-2015, 05:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So the clump of cells do not have human dna?   Don't step into it like Cuomo did ...   What else can it be?    

Human dna = human
Oak tree dna = oak tree

I firmly believe that myself.
(08-07-2015, 09:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Good thing no one said that. 

Yeah this looks safe....    And this happens all over the country.  

Removed the photos but we all know that legal abortions do not stop "back alley" style abortions
(08-07-2015, 07:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: I couldn't have said it any better myself.  Big Grin

...and there you are.

Will you hand out free coat hangers also?

No I won't but I am open to the morning after pill for those who wish to have a backstop to normal birth control.
(08-07-2015, 09:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah this looks safe....    And this happens all over the country.  

I'm not sure what either of those images have to do with safe abortions.

(08-07-2015, 09:47 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm not sure what either of those images have to do with safe abortions.

Legal abortions don't stop anything.
(08-07-2015, 09:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Lucie delete post 31.

Thanks.

Yeah I removed the photos.  

Took me a minute because I was catching heck for it from the wife.
(08-07-2015, 05:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So the clump of cells do not have human dna?   Don't step into it like Cuomo did ...   What else can it be?    

Human dna = human
Oak tree dna = oak tree

My hair follicle has human DNA.  Pretty sure it's not a human.
(08-07-2015, 09:50 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Legal abortions don't stop anything.

That didn't answer my question.

(08-07-2015, 09:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: My hair follicle has human DNA.  Pretty sure it's not a human.

If left unmolested would your hair follicle grow into a child?

(08-07-2015, 09:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That didn't answer my question.

If this happens when it's legal how much worse can it get if its not legal.

If it's gonna be legal they need to keep the same cleanliness and health standards as a hospital surgical theatre.
(08-07-2015, 09:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Safer for who?

I wasn't sure how to respond to this.

Should I ask why you aren't trying to defend your previous statement?

Should I ask why you're being ridiculous and asking this question?

Should I answer this question?

Should I express my pity for your pathetic attempts in this thread?

Should I just ignore you?

I'm not really sure.