Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rubio: Life begins at conception
(08-07-2015, 09:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If left unmolested would your hair follicle grow into a child?

Nope.

We get it, you have a radical idea of when "human life" begins and want to impose that view on others.  Sorry, we don't buy it and never will.  But maybe you're right, maybe what the world is missing is even more unwanted children.
(08-07-2015, 10:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Nope.

We get it, you have a radical idea of when "human life" begins and want to impose that view on others.  Sorry, we don't buy it and never will.  But maybe you're right, maybe what the world is missing is even more unwanted children.

Yeah sharing that view with Mother Nature is pretty radical.
(08-07-2015, 09:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I wasn't sure how to respond to this.

Should I ask why you aren't trying to defend your previous statement?

Should I ask why you're being ridiculous and asking this question?

Should I answer this question?

Should I express my pity for your pathetic attempts in this thread?

Should I just ignore you?

I'm not really sure. 

Well I'm pretty sure you already failed at every question you asked so let me change the wording of my post.

Of all the arguments I have seen for keeping abortions legal; the silliest is the assertion that making them illegal will put those that break the law in danger.

Of course masturbation=mass murder was a close second.

Was that better?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-07-2015, 10:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Nope.

We get it, you have a radical idea of when "human life" begins

..and yours is pretty much on a sliding scale.

(08-07-2015, 10:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah sharing that view with Mother Nature is pretty radical.

When did she chime in?  Link please. Smirk
(08-07-2015, 09:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If this happens when it's legal how much worse can it get if its not legal.      

If it's gonna be legal they need to keep the same cleanliness and health standards as a hospital surgical theatre.

What exactly was happening? I didn't see any images of abortions being performed. There was a fetus and some medical storage. 

Again, what does that have to do with access to safe abortions? 

I'm also do not think anyone said that there would be no unsafe procedures. I can't say that about any legal medical procedures. You cannot refute, however, that legalizing medical procedures make them safer than outlawing them. Safe legal abortions in the US have a 1 in 166,667 death rate for the woman, while unsafe abortions worldwide have a 1 in 455 death rate for the woman.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

You don't base whether something should be legal or illegal on how it will affect those who will break the law. That would be absurd in any situation.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I'm against abortion. I believe that all life is precious and that it begins at conception. The arguments posed by the pro-choice side have always been solid though, and I can usually see where they're coming from with their points. As much as I think that all people should be afforded the right to choose what to do with their own body, I don't believe that those rights should extend to ending the lives of their offspring.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(08-07-2015, 10:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well I'm pretty sure you already failed at every question you asked so let me change the wording of my post.

How can someone fail at asking a question (Unless they're Megyn Kelly, HEYOOOOOHH)? All I said was I wasn't sure what I should do.

Quote:Of all the arguments I have seen for keeping abortions legal; the silliest is the assertion that making them illegal will put those that break the law in danger.

That's a completely different statement. It's not a matter of rewording, it's a matter of saying something completely different. Do you disagree that legal abortions are safer than illegal abortions? Data shows that it is true, so I am not sure why you think it's silly. 

Quote:Of course masturbation=mass murder was a close second.

That wasn't an argument for keeping abortion legal. I was making fun of Lucie for saying that any lump of cells with human dna is a human. LOL, did you take that seriously?

(08-07-2015, 10:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You don't base whether something should be legal or illegal on how it will affect those who will break the law.  That would be absurd in any situation.

No one here has. 

(08-07-2015, 09:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah this looks safe....    And this happens all over the country.  

Removed the photos but we all know that legal abortions do not stop "back alley" style abortions

Wait... your response to me pointing out that someone is correct in stating that legal abortions are safer is to state that there will still be some back alley, illegal, unsafe abortions even if abortion is legal?

LOL??

Are you arguing that abortions should be illegal because illegal abortions still happen even if it is legal? I'm not going to assume you are.

(08-07-2015, 10:22 PM)BmorePat8 Wrote: That's a completely different statement. It's not a matter of rewording, it's a matter of saying something completely different. Do you disagree that legal abortions are safer than illegal abortions? Data shows that it is true, so I am not sure why you think it's silly. 

Well I'm pretty sure buying drugs off the street is more dangerous that going to your local Walgreens. So perhaps we should just allow druggies to go into drug stores and take what they want legally.

Now perhaps you will see why I find the logic of "if we make it illegal criminals could be in danger" silly.

(08-07-2015, 10:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now perhaps you will see why I find the logic of "if we make it illegal criminals could be in danger" silly.

Yea, but no one said that... yet here you are repeating it again, lol.

(08-07-2015, 10:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, but no one said that... yet here you are repeating it again, lol.
Okey Dokey.

(08-07-2015, 10:18 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'm against abortion.  I believe that all life is precious and that it begins at conception.  The arguments posed by the pro-choice side have always been solid though, and I can usually see where they're coming from with their points.  As much as I think that all people should be afforded the right to choose what to do with their own body, I don't believe that those rights should extend to ending the lives of their offspring.

Is this universal? Or do you allow exceptions?
(08-07-2015, 09:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Good thing no one said that. 

I did like the really great point Yojimbo made that it is far safer when legal, though. 

So what's the point if it's not advocating for legality?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(08-07-2015, 10:49 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So what's the point if it's not advocating for legality?

Ask him. I'm assuming he's just pointing out a benefit of not infringing on a right, given the fact that anyone who is pro-choice believes that it's a right.

It's like saying that legalizing gay marriage will be good for the economy as weddings add money to the economy. That's obviously not why it should be legal, it's just a benefit for respecting that right.

(08-07-2015, 11:10 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Ask him. I'm assuming he's just pointing out a benefit of not infringing on a right, given the fact that anyone who is pro-choice believes that it's a right.

It's like saying that legalizing gay marriage will be good for the economy as weddings add money to the economy. That's obviously not why it should be legal, it's just a benefit for respecting that right.

I don't see why it's so hard to understand that you can separate emotions/morality from political ideals. 
Morally, I find abortion a bit gross. 
Politically, I can't say that's a good enough reason to ban it...

(08-07-2015, 10:49 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So what's the point if it's not advocating for legality?

Folks can read and can easily see what is being stated here. 

(08-07-2015, 10:18 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'm against abortion.  I believe that all life is precious and that it begins at conception.  The arguments posed by the pro-choice side have always been solid though, and I can usually see where they're coming from with their points.  As much as I think that all people should be afforded the right to choose what to do with their own body, I don't believe that those rights should extend to ending the lives of their offspring.

Well said Cupcake. I agree with you.