Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Rule the Jungle
(07-19-2021, 03:09 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Having the Colts 90 minutes away also has a lot to do with that. Keep that in mind.  Why the NFL has Cincy and Indy both at home at the same time never made sense to me, but it happens  normally for 4-6 games each year. 

I seriously doubt the Colts factor in even in the slightest. I’ve lived in Cincinnati my entire life, and I’ve never met a Colts fan here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
100% Real: I gave them this idea at the pre-uniform reveal event I went to. I was the first fan who got to see the unis and the throne and when I asked what they were doing with it Elizabeth & my ticket rep said they weren't sure and would be discussing it... I then suggested a "King of the Jungle" title for a fan and putting it inside the stadium where fans could see it from their seats as kind of a themed throne overlooking the field. They loved it, but didn't know if the county, who owns the stadium, would allow it.

I suggested it go in the corner of the middle level, visitor's side overlooking the field. It would be awesome there and really a noticeable addition. We'll see where it goes!

I love that they are doing this!.... BTW, I suggested 1 fan per quarter could  have it as a seat, like at hockey games, and could get some free food or whatever. Or maybe a corp sponsor could sponsor an entire area themed around it.

We'll see how this develops!

PS: Another board member, West Coast Bengal can back me up on this. I told him about my idea immediately after the event and that I had shared it with the Bengals. He just txt me and asked if I get a royalty check... Ummmmm, no. I won't even get a bottle of water. Ha!
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2021, 11:10 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm assuming this is the work of Elizabeth Blackburn.  I know a lot of people on here really love what she's doing so I suppose she's doing a good job.

Me personally though, I guess I really am just a Negative Nelly, or a cynic.  I just don't need stuff like this; it's too much.  The "great empires", "the bold", "assert their dominance", it feels like I'm reading a pamphlet for some cheesy seminar or watching a pretentious commercial.

Just build a really good football team, and go out and win some games.  It's not that complicated for me.  I don't need whatever this is.

Fwiw, this was my reaction to reading this:

[Image: giphy.gif]

yup my thoughts exactly. What shocks me is how everyone loves her so much. Its just marketing bullshit. Win games, win playoff games if you want to win the hearts of fans...
Reply/Quote
Great Empires are built by the bold.

By mobilizing the masses under one common goal and won battles to assert their dominance.

Build. Win. Rule.

This all sounds good and hope and pray this goal is achieved. But the masses have supported this team for years far more than this team has deserved even without much support back, or any big battles being won in recent history for motivation.

I gave up my seats this year after 3 decades of support without even seeing a playoff win.

Now I grew accustomed to Bengals being average and was not really the reason I gave them up. More about not knowing how things will be in this new world of social distancing, violent protests, and NFL bringing politics into my escape from reality football Sunday. Plus they stole my seats last year and put sponsor banners in them, bs and what the hell. Shouldn't they have paid me rent ? I own a seating license to those exact seats that I was ran out of for a year lol.
Just became no longer worth the nearly the 5 grand a year and thinking many others did the same. Its not like we can't just buy a seat to any game we want and sometimes for half the price even.

Still hope Burrow somehow changes the culture around here and Bengals do start to dominate and finally win a SB.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2021, 06:45 PM)PDub80 Wrote:  Ummmmm, no. I won't even get a bottle of water. Ha!

There are Bengal employees that have been there since Mike Brown took over to yet get a free bottle of water!
Reply/Quote
Believe it not but we have a losing culture. Where do you think the saying "you've been bengalized" came from?

Kudos to her for trying to make a change. This new media team the last year or so has been amazing. We need young kids to latch onto the team with Burrow and company we should have a strong fanbase for years to come.

If you don't like it... I'm sure you will if we get moved to another city
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2021, 06:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It is odd how ubiquitous the avatar pics can become on a site like this.  Hell, I'm 87% sure I'm Sgt Slaughter.

You'll always be Carson and Andy havin' a bromance...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I also want to note just hollow the beginning of the statement rings.

"Rule The Jungle signifies the high standards and energy we expect to see on the field

I really don't think that now, of all times, is the best time to be talking about your standards or expectations.  You've elected to keep a GM, a Head Coach, an Offensive Coordinator, and a Defensive Coordinator all intact, after going 6-25-1.  

This is something I'm not sure happens anywhere but here.  At least hold someone accountable.  Hire a new DC to show the standards you''ve set.  Or better yet, do what most teams would do and make significant changes as a response to clear failures. (Ex: New GM + New OC + New scouts, or New HC + New Staff)  But when you choose to do absolutely nothing it leads me to believe you have extremely low standards, and extremely low expectations.

Like I said, I know some of us who think this way are in the minority.  I just don't want to hear it right now.  Go win some games and prove yourselves capable before you start boasting about what high standards and expectations you have.  Otherwise, this reads like you're trying to sell me a Certified Pre-Owned 2015 Corolla.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2021, 07:36 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I also want to note just hollow the beginning of the statement rings.

"Rule The Jungle signifies the high standards and energy we expect to see on the field

I really don't think that now, of all times, is the best time to be talking about your standards or expectations.  You've elected to keep a GM, a Head Coach, an Offensive Coordinator, and a Defensive Coordinator all intact, after going 6-25-1.  

This is something I'm not sure happens anywhere but here.  At least hold someone accountable.  Hire a new DC to show the standards you''ve set.  Or better yet, do what most teams would do and make significant changes as a response to clear failures. (Ex: New GM + New OC + New scouts, or New HC + New Staff)  But when you choose to do absolutely nothing it leads me to believe you have extremely low standards, and extremely low expectations.

Like I said, I know some of us who think this way are in the minority.  I just don't want to hear it right now.  Go win some games and prove yourselves capable before you start boasting about what high standards and expectations you have.  Otherwise, this reads like you're trying to sell me a Certified Pre-Owned 2015 Corolla.

Kyle Shannahan was 10-22 through two years and kept his staff in tact and made a SB in year 3. They also were chastised for not changing over their coordinators and it paid off. Not saying we are going to the SB, but saying "not sure this happens anywhere else" is a bit of hyperbole when similar situations have happened. While I know 10 is more than 6 (and a tie) but it's close enough to reasonably compare. The funny thing is the vaunted defense that carried them to the SB had not been really good at all the previous two seasons under Saleh.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2021, 07:23 PM)jason Wrote: You'll always be Carson and Andy havin' a bromance...

Maybe when Burrow and Dalton hug after the Bears game.....nah.  The Sarge rockin out on that guitar is too damn good.
Reply/Quote
Just start winning, good things will follow.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2021, 08:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe when Burrow and Dalton hug after the Bears game.....nah.  The Sarge rockin out on that guitar is too damn good.

Your gif looks like it was filmed on a potato though. Tongue

Reply/Quote
They built a throne in the stadium I'm sure they had a plan to use it.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-19-2021, 07:55 PM)Au165 Wrote: Kyle Shannahan was 10-22 through two years and kept his staff in tact and made a SB in year 3. They also were chastised for not changing over their coordinators and it paid off. Not saying we are going to the SB, but saying "not sure this happens anywhere else" is a bit of hyperbole when similar situations have happened. While I know 10 is more than 6 (and a tie) but it's close enough to reasonably compare. The funny thing is the vaunted defense that carried them to the SB had not been really good at all the previous two seasons under Saleh.

That's fair, and a good example.  But I also think it's imprtant to note that they had a brand new GM (John Lynch) come in with that regime so I can see a little bit of more slack given.  Also, Kyle Shanahan was the OC for a Superbowl team and won the assistant coach of the year prior to being hired.  And like you said, 10 is greater than 6.

Like I said though, you make a decent point but it's going to be very hard to come up with an apples to apples comparison.  Our GM has either been here for 30 years, or 20 years, depending on who you consider that to be (Mike or Duke).  And our Head Coach and coordinators have really flimsy resumes to fall back on in comparison.  I just can't imagine keep all 4 spots intact and talking about standards.

Who knows though, maybe we do have a year like the Niners did in 2019.  Maybe it will all come together and we will see the expectations they've set.  I'm not going to hold my breath but I certainly would love to see it. 
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2021, 06:01 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Fwiw, your new profile pic is throwing me off.  What happened to Dana Jacobson?

We broke up

My profile pic is a tribute to the admins..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-19-2021, 08:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just start winning, good things will follow.

Agree completely but until that begins and believe it will this season, reserve this sort of talk for later.

If you want to fill the stands have $1 soft drinks and hot dogs for all kids and try make it a family friendly atmosphere again. 

Except on steeler game days. Then have $1 beers with a free shot of tequila included with each purchase to all Bengals fans in attendance to pump up the volume. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2021, 08:43 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree completely but until that begins and believe it will this season, reserve this sort of talk for later.

If you want to fill the stands have $1 soft drinks and hot dogs for all kids and try make it a family friendly atmosphere again. 

Except on steeler game days. Then have $1 beers with a free shot of tequila included with each purchase to all Bengals fans in attendance to pump up the volume. 

I can see another 10 cent beer night happening with a $1 beer night especially against the Steelers.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-19-2021, 08:43 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree completely but until that begins and believe it will this season, reserve this sort of talk for later.

What could possibly go wrong with dollar beers for a Bengals and Steelers game? It's should be a night game too...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2021, 08:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Your gif looks like it was filmed on a potato though. Tongue

I've bwen trying to get them to release that particular video where Sgt Slaughter and his battle battalion have a tug of war with the monster truck, Bigfoot, into IMAX but no one is listening. 
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2021, 07:16 PM)GodFather Wrote: There are Bengal employees that have been there since Mike Brown took over to yet get a free bottle of water!

Ha!!!!
Reply/Quote