Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ruler of the Jungle-playoff game
Who should get the honor of being the Ruler of the Jungle for the playoff game?

I went through a lot of people. I first thought maybe Mike Brown deserved it. He's old and should get to celebrate the success. Then I thought of Luke Fickell. It would be a great chance to celebrate UC's great season.

I also thought about ex players like Issac Curtis, Reggie Williams, Bob Trumpy, or David Fulcher.

Then, in almost an evil way thought, why not give it to Marvin Lewis but decided that would kind of be mean.

Boomer or Collinsworth would be great choices but they have to work that weekend.

Then I arrived at who I think is the perfect choice. The team is 4-0 when an OL was Ruler of the Jungle (5-0 when you add Bengal Jim and his RT high school experience). Who has been associated with the Bengals for over 40 years and has seen it all...the good, the bad, and the very ugly? Who else in this city bleeds as much orange as he does? Who else do we turn to when we need a dose of unabashed homerism?

The next Ruler of the Jungle should be none other than Dave Lapham

what do you think?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
It'd be a good choice.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Is there a list of everyone that’s already done it? I was going to say it should be JB, but google tells me he already has.

Reply/Quote
Dave was my choice too! Great minds. Need him on radio though.

Boomer would be cool too, maybe they could find a way to make it work. CBS might like some insider footage like that if they were involved and then us watching at home could get to see some of it.

Or Chad. Don’t care if he already did it. You can’t have too much Chad!
Reply/Quote
I'm such a hater but I can't stand Lapham.

With that being said, I think it would be cool for him to do. He's earned it.

Munoz would also be a great choice.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I think Lap's a good choice....or Kenny Anderson.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'd be good with Dave or Chad. Might lean a little more toward Chad.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Is there a list of everyone that’s already done it? I was going to say it should be JB, but google tells me he already has.

JB did the one home preseason game

Minnesota- Bob Johnson
Jags- Ken Anderson, Anthony Munoz, Ken Riley family
Packers-Zach Apple-Olympic swimming medalist
Browns-Chad Johnson
Steelers-Willie Anderson
Chargers-Duke Ragan-Olympic boxing medalist
49ers-Kay Adams
Ravens-Max Montoya
Chiefs-Jim Foster (Bengal Jim's BTR)-Bengals Fan of the Year

edit: I forgot a week

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Invite this guy and reverse the curse.

[Image: boraiders89pf-1_large.jpg?v=1496261166]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Go with a great triumvirate of Chad, Kay, and Willie as the hopeful future HoF.
Reply/Quote
If we are going to go OL that we have not had already i think we should go with the last center who was a beast. None other than Richie Braham. Hard working lunch pail kind of guy.
Reply/Quote
Wait until we win a Super Bowl - then anoint a King of The Jungle. For now, we the fans should be The Roar.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 01:09 PM)kronadon Wrote: If we are going to go OL that we have not had already i think we should go with the last center who was a beast. None other than Richie Braham. Hard working lunch pail kind of guy.

That you, Richie?  Cool
Reply/Quote
A drunken Packman Jones!  Hilarious  I do like the Solomon Wilcots, Adam Jones podcast.. Those two would be great together.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Lap is more than deserving.
Reply/Quote
Lap, Boomer and everyone else in the media have jobs that require them to be busy. I'd love to see Lap or Boomer though, and I guess they could have a guy fill in with Hoard for the radio broadcast. There's many they could get though... Krumrie, Breech, Montoya, Munoz, TJ, etc.
Reply/Quote
Housh?
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis…..
Reply/Quote
I'd say JB, Domata Peko, or Sam Wyche's family.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Please not Marvin because I have an image of Marvin getting up and saying about Zac, "He STOLE my job! And he won't win a playoff game either you gullible suckers! "  Hilarious
I know he would never do that, but it would be almost Bengalike in an oddly perverse kind of way.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote