Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor has it we're working on a deal to trade Burfict.
I doubt this happens. I'd take their first and 3rd. Burfict is a beast, but he's not long for this league. We need to prepare for life without him anyway.

I'd be fine with it depending on the compensation. But it ain't happening.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Burfict for Mack.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 06:15 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Hobslob sezz the rumor is NOT true.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Reports-Huber-re-ups-Report-of-Tez-trade-talk-dubious/5e82aa05-5c2e-4226-b2b1-7e21f15193f2

Hobs already shutting things down to save 6 round comp picks.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 05:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Is this to clear space for Atkins/Dunlap?

Do we really need to trade Burfict to afford those guys?

I don't see why we'd need to do that to make space for Atkins and Dunlap.

Atkin's current contract pays him $9.5M this year. Dunlap is currently $7.3M. There is no deadcap money for either one of them.

The team has about $13M in cap space after taking off the rookie pool, so there's room to extend these guys.

If they both Atkins and Dunlap got $2M more per year there would still $9M left, which can be used for injuries, rollover, extending Dennard (which I believe would be relatively inexpensive this year compared with him hitting the open market next year).

We could save $5M+ by cutting MJ to make more room.

Reply/Quote
They had better hit the motherload if they're even considering trading VB. Whether he's on the field or not come game day he's still the best linebacker we've ever had in stripes.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 07:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hobs already shutting things down to save 6 round comp picks.

The guru of Bengals plans? The same guy who tells us year after year about the greatest 7th round picks since sliced bread ?
If Hobson is denying it it has me concerned.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
We hate the steelers, he hates the steelers.... he is one of us, so it's a no trade for me
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 04:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Our defense sucks without Burfict.

And I can't believe there would be many teams willing to give up a lot of value for a guy with so many concussions and so many suspensions.

I agree. I don't want Bengals to trade him and I can't see anyone giving what he is worth due to injuries. If Bengals we're rebuilding then trade him but they are in win now mode and he makes the D much better. 

He makes everyone on the D better. Very few players have that kind of impact. 
Reply/Quote
We need more badass linebackers not less.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 07:37 PM)McC Wrote: I believe you could find somebody to play C a lot easier than you could find someone to be Burfict.

^This.  Somebody please put this in the Post HOF.

Though, if the Bengals were to draft Billy Price, I feel like he could become the Vontaze Burfict of the OL.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If this is true, it sounds almost as stupid as bringing Marvin Lewis back. .. Oh wait.
Reply/Quote
Burfict has to stay. He is the best and the dude loves to play. You don't draft heart like that man contains. He was a UFA and became the best in the league. This trade would be bad for us. He scares the friggen steelers.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 07:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: ..

I completely understand where you're coming from, and I agree with the vast majority of what you're saying (though I do believe you're overhyping him a bit). 

I guess what it really comes down to (for me at least) is that I feel Burfict's playing days are numbered. I wouldn't be shocked at all if this turned out to be his last year in the league. His concussions have been brutal and there's been several. If he's not kicked out of the league by Goodells biased @$$ his countless head injuries will do him in sooner than later. Which is why I'm all for getting what we can for him... While we can.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 07:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: I doubt this happens. I'd take their first and 3rd. Burfict is a beast, but he's not long for this league. We need to prepare for life without him anyway.

I'd be fine with it depending on the compensation. But it ain't happening.

Exactly where I'm at with this.
Reply/Quote
Marvin has longed for an elite type LBer since he’s been here. He’s missed on quite a few but finally got one with Vontaze.

I seriously doubt this rumor is true, however there are several reasons why it could be. If it is, then I’d suspect Marvin has his eye on some other LBer with elite type talent, already in the league & (Marvin) has another trade lined up to get him. There’s no way Marvin would try to replace Burfict with a rookie. We are in win now mode — a rookie doesn’t help with that.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I doubt that it'd go through because this FO WOULD try to squeeze every pick that they could out of such a trade. The only way that Oakland could pull it off would be to overpay.  
Reply/Quote
Fake News!

I don’t doubt they called but there is no way we ar moving that guy.
Reply/Quote
As far as trade value, this has got to be one of the hardest to gauge. He was a UDFA for his antics on the field but in my mind he's a top 5 LBer. Then you have to consider that he's a penalty or two away from being suspended for a whole year. If I had to guess I would say 3rd round pick. Yes he's good but only when available, we can't rely on him anymore than Eifert.

I get trading him away but that leaves us with who? A draft pick who we hope is as good as him. I am surprised a team is willing to gamble on him which is why I think most will be disappointed with what we get in return.
Reply/Quote
You don't trade a future defensive coordinator if not head coach.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 06:14 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Bingo.

As much as Marvin loved Burfict in the past, I think he's grown tired of his antics.

Doubt that. He has one of the biggest stars on the team 100% loyal to him. You won’t see the locker room turning on Marvin while 55 is here.

Reply/Quote