Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor has it we're working on a deal to trade Burfict.
So we have one good LB and they want to move him?! WTF! I’d want at least a first plus for him and nobody would even give up a 1st for the guy. This would more than extinguish any optimism I had from the Glenn trade. We need to add a LB to play next to Burfict, not move him and have to get two new LB’s
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
RELAX.....this already has been debunked by multiple sources.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 05:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Better not happen till after the first Stoolers game so Burfict cani say hi to juju....

this.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 06:06 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Honestly... We should be lookin for burficts replacement anyway. He's one more concussion or suspension away from being done in the NFL.

Yeah, I know, our defense sucks without him and all that. But let's be real: Burfict isn't reliable. He's fast approaching the point of being more trouble than he's worth. If Oakland is indeed interested in trading for him, I say strike while the iron is hot.

(03-14-2018, 06:14 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Bingo.

As much as Marvin loved Burfict in the past, I think he's grown tired of his antics.

You almost sound like you wish the rumor was true.  

Let me tell you this.  Early in the Marvin Lewis years, they went big on LB picks.  For one reason or another, virtually none of them ever achieved full glory as a Bengal.  The one bad boy, UDFA flyer that Marvin picks turns out to be The Super Destroyer.

He may be hated by fans of other teams.  He may be a bit of a liability for concussions and suspensions.  But, you know what?  He is exactly who you want going to war for you, every Sunday afternoon.  The guy leaves it all on the field. (albeit sometimes to his detriment)   As far as character, you've got him all wrong.  That dude is a true champion.  He rose from the ashes of not even being drafted, to being one of the premier players at his position.

I wouldn't trade that guy for anything.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 06:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You almost sound like you wish the rumor was true.  

Let me tell you this.  Early in the Marvin Lewis years, they went big on LB picks.  For one reason or another, virtually none of them ever achieved full glory as a Bengal.  The one bad boy, UDFA flyer that Marvin picks turns out to be The Super Destroyer.

He may be hated by fans of other teams.  He may be a bit of a liability for concussions and suspensions.  But, you know what?  He is exactly who you want going to war for you, every Sunday afternoon.  The guy leaves it all on the field. (albeit sometimes to his detriment)   As far as character, you've got him all wrong.  That dude is a true champion.  He rose from the ashes of not even being drafted, to being one of the premier players at his position.

I wouldn't trade that guy for anything.  

I actually do wish they were true. I know I'm in the minority but I won't miss a guy who cannot be relied on.

Someone posted earlier in this thread that Burfict has only played in (I think it was) 36 of 64 games since 2014... That's pretty pathetic. Whether his suspensions are justified or not, it's obvious that the league has it out for him. And I'd rather another team suffer because of it.

He'll get a suspension anytime he hits somebody because (as Marvin accurately described him), "he hits like a Mach truck". When Burfict cleanly yet hardly hits somebody, people notice. The league notices. And he'll be suspended for an ungodly amount of time the next time it happens. And we all know it will happen. It's how Burfict plays the game (it's how the game should be played IMO).

Don't get me wrong, I loved having Burfict on this team. I certainly never questioned his character (I came to his defense dozens of times when people erroneously called him "a criminal" and said "he belongs in prison") He was one of the only players I can recall that actively HATED the steelers and didn't stand for any of their BS. He hit them right back and I loved him for it. And just his overall talent and ability to play the game of football... An absolute joy to watch.

But again, he's simply not reliable. His reputation precedes him, and the league will make examples out of him every chance they get. What good is having a guy on your team who will only play about 8 games a year? And just because we've swung and missed on LB's in the past doesn't guarantee it will happen again (maybe if we avoid USC this time).

If the price is right, I say we take oaklands draft picks and look towards the future... Because either way, I think burficts days in football are numbered. Might as well get something for him while we can.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 05:05 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Burfict for Raiders Coach?

Fair trade!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 05:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, this small-time reporter might be pulling this rumor out of his ass, but I'm not sure that 'amount of followers' is always the best barometer to determine whether something might be true or not. 

Adam Schefter has a shit load of followers and he said Marvin was leaving.
  Ninja

Truth, you got me there
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Ship him out.

We can always plug MJ in at LB.

No worries!

Damn I love the oldies...
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
From unknown source, could be for Crabtree and first round pick.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 06:51 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: From unknown source, could be for Crabtree and first round pick.

I'm assuming your joking?

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 06:52 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: I'm assuming your joking?

No, read it from another forum one minute ago. Hope it's fake lol. 
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Raiders guy chiming in.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 06:40 PM)Pat5775 Wrote:
Quote:I actually do wish they were true. I know I'm in the minority but I won't miss a guy who cannot be relied on.

Someone posted earlier in this thread that Burfict has only played in (I think it was) 36 of 64 games since 2014... That's pretty pathetic. Whether his suspensions are justified or not, it's obvious that the league has it out for him. And I'd rather another team suffer because of it.

The difference he makes isn't just in what he physically brings to the game.  It's the fact that the emotional leader, the face of the defense, is on the field.  Even when playing in recovery mode, the entire defense gets a lift, when he's out there.

Quote:He'll get a suspension anytime he hits somebody because (as Marvin accurately described him), "he hits like a Mach truck". When Burfict cleanly yet hardly hits somebody, people notice. The league notices. And he'll be suspended for an ungodly amount of time the next time it happens. And we all know it will happen. It's how Burfict plays the game (it's how the game should be played IMO).

I didn't nickname him The Super Destroyer for nothing, he earned that moniker.  Besides, weather the NFL wants to admit it or not, they need their "villains", just as much as they need their "glamor boys".  It makes for a great show. (see pro wrestling)

Quote:Don't get me wrong, I loved having Burfict on this team. I certainly never questioned his character (I came to his defense dozens of times when people erroneously called him "a criminal" and said "he belongs in prison") He was one of the only players I can recall that actively HATED the steelers and didn't stand for any of their BS. He hit them right back and I loved him for it. And just his overall talent and ability to play the game of football... An absolute joy to watch.

Yep, brings me great joy whenever one of my Steeler fan friends cries about "that criminal" Vontaze Burfict.  My happiest morning at work, after the 2015 playoff meltdown, was telling them "Sure, Vontaze may have lost the game, but he certainly won the war.".

Quote:But again, he's simply not reliable. His reputation precedes him, and the league will make examples out of him every chance they get. What good is having a guy on your team who will only play about 8 games a year? And just because we've swung and missed on LB's in the past doesn't guarantee it will happen again (maybe if we avoid USC this time).

If the price is right, I say we take oaklands draft picks and look towards the future... Because either way, I think burficts days in football are numbered. Might as well get something for him while we can.

I'm going to have to seriously disagree with you here.  Trading away the face of the defense, the emotional leader of the team, would be catastrophic to morale of both the team, and the fan base.  It takes a heck of a lot more than magic beans (draft picks) to replace the cornerstone that he is for this team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 06:51 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: From unknown source, could be for Crabtree and first round pick.

Ah, someone piling more crap on top of the original crap.  And so the pile deepens.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I seriously doubt we’d trade him. At least as long as Marvin is in charge. Marvin and Burfict are tied at the hip.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 07:29 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I seriously doubt we’d trade him. At least as long as Marvin is in charge. Marvin and Burfict are tied at the hip.

I believe in never say never but this seems really far fetched.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Ok guys let me ask you this. would you accept this trade if it was for the Raiders center Rodney Hudson ? Ranked 2nd best center in the nfl last year and is on a contract that would be favorable to us.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 07:36 PM)Okeana Wrote: Ok guys let me ask you this.  would you accept this trade if it was for the Raiders center Rodney Hudson ?  Ranked 2nd best center in the nfl last year and is on a contract that would be favorable to us.

I believe you could find somebody to play C a lot easier than you could find someone to be Burfict.

Reply/Quote
Probably a rumor being started by a Pittsburgh fan.

Not going to happen, but if it did, I would expect a 1st and 2nd this year and another 2nd next year. All Pro Players at this level just don't grow on trees.

And with 2 Firsts and 2 Seconds, I would draft Edmunds/Roquan Smith, Okoronkwo and Vander Esch and a center.
I'd love to get another Tackle, but I think we need to wait a bit (and get a slight project) on a RT and let the guys we have battle for the RT spot this year.
Reply/Quote
I will be super ticked off if this happens
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote