Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor has it we're working on a deal to trade Burfict.
Can you imagine Gruden getting what he wants? I can.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 05:17 PM)snowy Wrote: Can you imagine Gruden getting what he wants? I can.

Yep, I can imagine Gruden getting VERY excited right now. I just don't see reasonable trade value for both sides.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 05:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You mean the next Keith Rivers.

Nervous

I think Edmunds could be great but still, you never know about any of these guys. With Burfict we know what we got.

One hell of a player, he just plays in the wrong time zone. Would of been a legend in the 80's.

(03-14-2018, 05:04 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Don't they pick like 4th or 5th in RD 1 this year? If this is in the offering and another one next year, I'd do it. Love Burfict and you're right he is the passion on our D! It would suck but I'd still do it.

Yeah, i mean i still wouldn't like it though.

But that would have to be it or a straight up trade for Khalil Mack would be better IMO.

Won't be happy with this unless it is Mack honestly. I like Burfict THAT much.
Reply/Quote
Mack and Burfict together is a scary thought..

What would we do, though? Say we get their 1st round pick. We'd basically have to draft linebacker with our first two picks then.

Picking mid round linebackers just hasn't worked out for us. But picking linebackers in the first hasn't either..

Maybe we get Roquan Smith with the Raiders pick and Raashaan Evans at 21?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 05:17 PM)snowy Wrote: Can you imagine Gruden getting what he wants? I can.

Gruden wants to come to Cincy? I would take J. Gruden and 1st round pick the next 3 years for V. Burfict.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He isn't untouchable. As amazing as he is, he's also the guy that comes to mind when you think of a player most likely to be one hit away from being out of the league. Either from concussing someone or himself. As great as he is, I'll take Oakland's 1st and bet one one or two (trade) young chips.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 05:22 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Mack and Burfict together is a scary thought..

What would we do, though? Say we get their 1st round pick. We'd basically have to draft linebacker with our first two picks then.

Picking mid round linebackers just hasn't worked out for us. But picking linebackers in the first hasn't either..

Maybe we get Roquan Smith  with the Raiders pick and Raashaan Evans at 21?

Think that would be a little early to take an injured Roquan even if i like the guy a lot. I like Edmunds better.

Might even get Edmunds and Roquan after his injury then go Center. This is all presumption though and i still don't like the
thought of losing Burfict at all man.
Reply/Quote
The source came from an unverified account who has no ties to either football team.

I have more followers than that person who tweeted it for crying out loud.

And numerous Cincy sports guys (including Jim O) have said this is simply false.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Better not happen till after the first Stoolers game so Burfict can say hi to juju....
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 05:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Think that would be a little early to take an injured Roquan even if i like the guy a lot. I like Edmunds better.

Might even get Edmunds and Roquan after his injury then go Center. This is all presumption though and i still don't like the
thought of losing Burfict at all man.

Definitely puts us in scramble mode. I'm wondering if they're starting to think they can't count on him because of the suspensions and injuries. He is a big target for the refs on every play. 
Reply/Quote
As mentioned in this thread I believe the extent of this rumor is PG reaching out to the Bengals to see what it would take to steal Burfict away. Marvin probably replied 2 first round picks five pounds top shelf green that's legal in CA and maybe a first born grand kid or 2.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 05:25 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: The source came from an unverified account who has no ties to either football team.

And numerous Cincy sports guys (including Jim O) have said this is simply false.

thanks for the update
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 05:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Or maybe a top 10 pick like Keith Rivers will fall to us.

Nervous

What's Rivers have anything to do with this?
Reply/Quote
Seems like fake news to me. Likely a Browns fan, saddened from the news of Joe Thomas' retirement. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 05:25 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: The source came from an unverified account who has no ties to either football team.

Two sources say it, one an actual FOX News Insider for the Raiders...Although everyone here is pretty aware that it is just a 'rumor'..

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 05:28 PM)Synric Wrote: As mentioned in this thread I believe the extent of this rumor is PG reaching out to the Bengals to see what it would take to steal Burfict away. Marvin probably replied 2 first round picks five pounds top shelf green that's legal in CA and maybe a first born grand kid or 2.

Hope so. It'd be much easier to draft a linebacker to team with Burfict, then start over with nothing--even if he's a risk with suspensions and concussions.
Reply/Quote
The other day we were throwing around the idea of Suh and Burfict on our defense, now "rumor" has it we might not even have Burfict. Sad
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 05:29 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Two sources say it, one an actual FOX News Insider for the Raiders...Although everyone here is pretty aware that it is just a 'rumor'..

You mean Joe Arrigo? He RT'd the guy I was talking about. That is his "source". A guy who, again, has no ties to either team in any way.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Good, thanks Wolf. Rock On

(03-14-2018, 05:27 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Definitely puts us in scramble mode. I'm wondering if they're starting to think they can't count on him because of the suspensions and injuries. He is a big target for the refs on every play. 

It would put us in scramble mode, don't know why we would do this...

(03-14-2018, 05:28 PM)Synric Wrote: As mentioned in this thread I believe the extent of this rumor is PG reaching out to the Bengals to see what it would take to steal Burfict away. Marvin probably replied 2 first round picks five pounds top shelf green that's legal in CA and maybe a first born grand kid or 2.

Lmao! That is what i am talkin about! Hilarious

(03-14-2018, 05:30 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Hope so. It'd be much easier to draft a linebacker to team with Burfict, then start over with nothing--even if he's a risk with suspensions and concussions.

For sure.
Reply/Quote
Depends on what we would get for him.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote