Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Run it, Walk it, Burn it
(04-16-2024, 02:40 PM)Okeana Wrote: Strange, I didn't because imo Jefferson was better than Chase on that team.

I thought JJ was more of a Slot WR while Chase could do it all. JJ has surpassed my expectations by a very large amount.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 01:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I did as well, I don't think Brian Thomas Jr is near the route runner in the middle that JJ is, but as far as speed on the outside with size he 
is very dangerous and that is just what we need on the Bengals as Chase is the one threat we have that does this except Chase doesn't have
the size Thomas Jr has. Tee is not a speedster, he relies on his size for the most part and is slow in and out of his breaks which is why he is
not a #1 WR like some on here claim.

Thomas could be a #1 with his quick feet, speed along with his size.

Well, when I watch the film, Murphy handled double teams just fine. Dude is insanely strong. You are correct on the snaps, but I think that 
is because Murphy expels such energy when he is out there. Tons of fight and leaves it all on the field, I think he would fit right in with our 
good players on the DL in Hendrickson, BJ Hill, Hubbard and Rankins.

Justin Jefferson is a completely different type of receiver than Thomas Jr, Thomas is run fast guy with a small route tree and Jefferson was average speed guy with fluid routes and was great at reading holes in zone coverage.  

I don't want to sound like I'm crapping on the guy, he's a good player and teams can find a role for him, but I don't view him as a first-round guy and for my money I think Mitchell is the guy people should be talking about in the first round.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 02:53 PM)Okeana Wrote: Justin Jefferson is a completely different type of receiver than Thomas Jr, Thomas is run fast guy with a small route tree and Jefferson was average speed guy with fluid routes and was great at reading holes in zone coverage.  

I don't want to sound like I'm crapping on the guy, he's a good player and teams can find a role for him, but I don't view him as a first-round guy and for my money I think Mitchell is the guy people should be talking about in the first round.

Completely understand, Adonai Mitchell is actually very comparable to JJ's game like you say, average speed with fluid routes and has a knack
for finding holes in Zone coverage. While I want us to pick the trenches the most early, I sure wouldn't mind Mitchell.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 02:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Completely understand, Adonai Mitchell is actually very comparable to JJ's game like you say, average speed with fluid routes and has a knack
for finding holes in Zone coverage. While I want us to pick the trenches the most early, I sure wouldn't mind Mitchell.

i think like Jefferson there is a guy in this draft who will exceed expectations, similar in size to JJ , has almost identical testing and has a better vert.  Ricky Pearsall is a guy I think would dominate all over the field in our system.  

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 03:08 PM)Okeana Wrote: i think like Jefferson there is a guy in this draft who will exceed expectations, similar in size to JJ , has almost identical testing and has a better vert.  Ricky Pearsall is a guy I think would dominate all over the field in our system.  

Yes, Pulses turned me on to Ricky months ago. Another WR that could be very special just like Adonai Mitchell and Ladd McConkey.

Pearsall was beating Corners as an outside WR in the Senior Bowl like crazy too so he can play outside, not just a Slot WR.

Still a Malachi Corley fan, but Pearsall in the 2nd or 3rd could be a great pick. Also like Leggette, just a deep class for WR's.
Reply/Quote
Run- Marvin Harrison jr
Walk- Jackson Powers-Johnson
Burn- Mimsy

Reply/Quote