Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Runaway Republicans
"Better send bachelors."

This guy is ready to kill state troopers to block climate change legislation.

Oregon Republican's violent threat draws militia support
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/oregon-republican-s-violent-threat-draws-militia-support-62462021703

Armed Militias Pledge to Fight for Fugitive Oregon GOP Lawmakers ‘At Any Cost’
Efforts to scuttle the cap-and-trade legislation have taken a remarkable and potentially dark turn.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/armed-militias-pledge-to-fight-for-fugitive-oregon-gop-lawmakers-at-any-cost
Right-wing militia groups across the Pacific Northwest are mobilizing to prevent Oregon state police from arresting Republican state senators who went into hiding on Thursday in order to prevent climate change legislation from passing.

All 11 of Oregon’s Republican state senators are currently on the lam, with some leaving for Idaho in an effort to deny the Democrat-controlled state senate a quorum to pass a cap-and-trade bill. In response, Oregon Governor Kate Brown (D), citing a provision in the state constitution that allows the state to “compel” absent lawmakers to attend legislative sessions, dispatched state troopers to bring them back.

One of the lawmakers on the lam, Republican Brian Boquist ®, warned that he would resort to violence rather than return to the state, implying in a local television interview that he would attack law enforcement officers sent to retrieve him.

“Send bachelors and come heavily armed,” Boquist said. “I’m not going to be a political prisoner in the state of Oregon. It’s just that simple.”

Militia groups in the Pacific Northwest—a hotbed of far-right extremist activism—claim they’ve mobilized to protect those state senators.

“We’re doing what we can to make sure that they’re safe and comfortable,” said Eric Parker, the president of militia group Real Three Percenters Idaho, adding that the Idaho militias are in touch with their Oregon counterparts about the senators.

In a Facebook post, Paul Luhrs, a member of the Oregon III%er militia, said the militia had “vowed to provide security, transportation and refuge for those Senators in need.”
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-22-2019, 02:13 AM)Dill Wrote: "Better send bachelors."

This guy is ready to kill state troopers to block climate change legislation.

Oregon Republican's violent threat draws militia support
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/oregon-republican-s-violent-threat-draws-militia-support-62462021703

Armed Militias Pledge to Fight for Fugitive Oregon GOP Lawmakers ‘At Any Cost’
Efforts to scuttle the cap-and-trade legislation have taken a remarkable and potentially dark turn.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/armed-militias-pledge-to-fight-for-fugitive-oregon-gop-lawmakers-at-any-cost
Right-wing militia groups across the Pacific Northwest are mobilizing to prevent Oregon state police from arresting Republican state senators who went into hiding on Thursday in order to prevent climate change legislation from passing.

All 11 of Oregon’s Republican state senators are currently on the lam, with some leaving for Idaho in an effort to deny the Democrat-controlled state senate a quorum to pass a cap-and-trade bill. In response, Oregon Governor Kate Brown (D), citing a provision in the state constitution that allows the state to “compel” absent lawmakers to attend legislative sessions, dispatched state troopers to bring them back.

One of the lawmakers on the lam, Republican Brian Boquist ®, warned that he would resort to violence rather than return to the state, implying in a local television interview that he would attack law enforcement officers sent to retrieve him.

“Send bachelors and come heavily armed,” Boquist said. “I’m not going to be a political prisoner in the state of Oregon. It’s just that simple.”

Militia groups in the Pacific Northwest—a hotbed of far-right extremist activism—claim they’ve mobilized to protect those state senators.

“We’re doing what we can to make sure that they’re safe and comfortable,” said Eric Parker, the president of militia group Real Three Percenters Idaho, adding that the Idaho militias are in touch with their Oregon counterparts about the senators.

In a Facebook post, Paul Luhrs, a member of the Oregon III%er militia, said the militia had “vowed to provide security, transportation and refuge for those Senators in need.”

I remember then Democrats in Texas did the same.  Ran off to avoid a vote.

They need to get back and do their job.  Same as then.

All thought it is odd to hear Republicans threaten police for doing their jobs.

#alllivesmatter
#bluelivesmatter

Right?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Political prisoner?

Show up, do your job.
(06-24-2019, 12:33 PM)Benton Wrote: Political prisoner?

Show up, do your job.

Oh yeah! Come and make me (do what you elected and paid me to do)!

[Image: hutaree_militia_620x350.jpg?w=640]
If you were in the military and pulled some shit like this you would be court marshalled and dishonorably discharged. If you did this at a normal job you would be fired. And possibly charged for threatening police.
(06-24-2019, 12:48 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If you were in the military and pulled some shit like this you would be court marshalled and dishonorably discharged. If you did this at a normal job you would be fired. And possibly charged for threatening police.

LOL I don't have a big problem with them trying to skip the state and other kinds of passive resistance.  That would not have been worth a thread.

The serious problem here are the threats against law enforcement and militia publicly rallying to enforce that threat.

What sort of responsible person says "send bachelors"?  He would really kill a state trooper--maybe even another Republican with Republican parents, just doing his job?
Maybe the state should request the national guard then.
I heard on the radio, one of the reasons for this, is because they want the voters to have a voice in the legislation and it should go on the ballot.

Pretty stupid considering it was the voters that gave the governorship, the house and the senate to the Democrats to do just this sort of legislation.

Disclaimer: I was one of those voters.
(06-24-2019, 04:30 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I heard on the radio, one of the reasons for this, is because they want the voters to have a voice in the legislation and it should go on the ballot.

Pretty stupid considering it was the voters that gave the governorship, the house and the senate to the Democrats to do just this sort of legislation.

Disclaimer: I was one of those voters.

So they are trying to get around your vote with a referendum?

Why would they expect that to work?  
https://www.oregonlive.com/politics/2019/06/oregon-senate-republicans-walkout-over-climate-vote-the-8-things-you-need-to-know-to-understand-the-standoff.html

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/24/735413213/for-days-oregon-republicans-are-on-the-lam-over-a-climate-bill

Now, the first link points out that this is something both parties have been guilty of in Oregon in the past twenty years or so. This is the most ridiculous shit I have ever seen. I've heard of this happening before and in other places and it is just baffling to me how these officials do these sorts of things.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-24-2019, 04:34 PM)Dill Wrote: So they are trying to get around your vote with a referendum?

Why would they expect that to work?  

I think it’s mostly a delay game. Whether it passes or fails on the ballot, still wouldn’t begin to be planned and implemented until the next session. Who knows what the economy or political climate will be like in a year or two.
(06-24-2019, 09:04 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: https://www.oregonlive.com/politics/2019/06/oregon-senate-republicans-walkout-over-climate-vote-the-8-things-you-need-to-know-to-understand-the-standoff.html

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/24/735413213/for-days-oregon-republicans-are-on-the-lam-over-a-climate-bill

Now, the first link points out that this is something both parties have been guilty of in Oregon in the past twenty years or so. This is the most ridiculous shit I have ever seen. I've heard of this happening before and in other places and it is just baffling to me how these officials do these sorts of things.

Some of this already covered in your links, but more food for thought.

http://archive.is/Ev3VJ

Maybe not so cut and dry?
Marvin says, "Do your job".
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(06-24-2019, 10:19 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think it’s mostly a delay game. Whether it passes or fails on the ballot, still wouldn’t begin to be planned and implemented until the next session. Who knows what the economy or political climate will be like in a year or two.

That's my take. Delay game.
They can get the signatures needed to put it on the ballot, but if the voters actually want it, then they are done.