Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia begins moving troops into eastern Ukraine
Hat off to the ukrainians who are going to win this war. Sure, they had help but they were on the battlefield.

Impressive.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 04:43 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Hat off to the ukrainians who are going to win this war. Sure, they had help but they were on the battlefield.

Impressive.

Yeah, maybe it's a hot take and I'm wrong but I kinda feel like Putin expected Trump to win in 2020 before he did this and he just stuck with his plan out of pure ego.  Maybe it's just pure Trump-bashing for me to assume we would be either turning a blind eye or praising/helping Putin if Trump had won.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 02:10 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, maybe it's a hot take and I'm wrong but I kinda feel like Putin expected Trump to win in 2020 before he did this and he just stuck with his plan out of pure ego.  Maybe it's just pure Trump-bashing for me to assume we would be either turning a blind eye or praising/helping Putin if Trump had won.

Oh WE might think Russia is losing, but one of the greatest minds of our times knows the TRUTH! Ninja

[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 04:43 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Hat off to the ukrainians who are going to win this war. Sure, they had help but they were on the battlefield.

Impressive.

Absolutely hats off to them.

If you don't have the tenacity and will to win, no amount of help with make a difference. The Afghan Army proved that against an enemy they were far better equipped than.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 10:28 AM)GMDino Wrote: Oh WE might think Russia is losing, but one of the greatest minds of our times knows the TRUTH! Ninja

Has Tucker Carlson always done the "I'm soooooooo confused!" routine?  I feel like he's at least dialed it up to 11 lately.  I had a gf over a decade ago who had parents who had this guy on all the time and I recall his schtick being more confident and "telling it like it is" than this perpetual look of a 5 year old trying to understand trigonometry, stuff. 

I know it's an act and I know he's full of crap and making money off it, but I still look at how baffled he seems by the world and feel badly for the guy.  He just can't get things to add up!
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2022, 04:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Has Tucker Carlson always done the "I'm soooooooo confused!" routine?  I feel like he's at least dialed it up to 11 lately.  I had a gf over a decade ago who had parents who had this guy on all the time and I recall his schtick being more confident and "telling it like it is" than this perpetual look of a 5 year old trying to understand trigonometry, stuff. 

I know it's an act and I know he's full of crap and making money off it, but I still look at how baffled he seems by the world and feel badly for the guy.  He just can't get things to add up!

Well since it is an act, as you say, you should be incensed by his shallowness and pity his followers.  We are dumber collectively as a species because of tools like this guy.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2022, 04:31 PM)Stewy Wrote: Well since it is an act, as you say, you should be incensed by his shallowness and pity his followers.  We are dumber collectively as a species because of tools like this guy.

The sad thing is how much he shapes the GOP, though. There was a recent story in the policy wonk circles and I saw it also hit some media sources, but it's not sexy enough to be everywhere. Anyway, we all know of the Heritage Foundation. Think tanks like that are supposed to be politically independent. Now, they may favor certain points of view, biases are inescapable in policy research and we all have different answers to our two biggest questions: how big should the government be and how much should the government be involved? Heritage is known for being on the more libertarian path with those, which is fine.

Well, there has been some turmoil in the think tank, especially regarding the Ukraine war. Essentially, they have let the PAC arm of Heritage guide the research a little too much. How does this tie into Tucker? Well, supposedly one researcher was scolded by an exec for putting out something contrary to Tucker's statements. The researcher's response was "I don't watch Tucker Carlson or any shows like that." To which he was told he should, because the people that pay his salary do.

So what we are seeing is that these con artists in media are having an amount of influence that overrides actual policy research. The people we should rely on to cut through the bullshit are essentially being told that if they do cut through it, they will get canned.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Republican party has been drunk on their own koolaid for too long..They don't even know what flavor it is anymore..whether to add water or antifreeze..

Anyway..Russia just announced general mobilization..That's gonna go over great with their public when they need those trains to be hearses..
I have a hunch there's about to be plenty of good paying welding jobs opening up really soon. If you need a pay raise this might be a great time to learn how to weld. You don't want to be working on the bomb factory floor. 
This war is about to expand and it may just end up involving other European countries in battle. If so we'll be the factory floor for it.

In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
300,000 give or take a few hundred thousand corpses..

Russian logistics absolutely sucks big time. They sent 120000 in February utterly unprepared for winter in February so they announced this nonsense heading into winter..
We'll be sending huge amounts of winter gear and equipment plus weapons. This is looking like sending lambs to the slaughter. I'm guessing these guys will get minimal training with next to no motivation and morale with old materiel to fight with along with the world's worst logical lines..Poor kids, but a lot of them are going to be well past being kids.. War is not and never has been an old man's gig.. 
But Putin has put himself between a rock and a hard place. Can't back down and can't succeed. I think we've gone well beyond the point of no return for anyone to back out.. 
As far as I'm concerned it's well past time to absolutely crush Russia so it takes them 50 years to recover..We let them off the hook in the 90s.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Kherson just got liberated today. Very moving to see these images.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 05:32 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Kherson just got liberated today. Very moving to see these images.

I saw Putin isn't going to the upcoming G20 either.

Fingers crossed he dies/gets assassinated/commits suicide. And the next person to gain power in Russia isn't a scumbag like him.

I feared this was going to turn for the worse when they started taking out water and power utilities across the country.

These Ukrainians are some bad ass mofos.
Reply/Quote
Definitely. Nobody is going to try to invade Ukraine for centuries.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 05:50 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Definitely. Nobody is going to try to invade Ukraine for centuries.

It's kind of unimaginable that a Russian head of state thought that it was a good idea to invade the part of the former Soviet Union where empires go to die.
Reply/Quote