Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ryan Kerrigan Visiting
(03-24-2021, 09:18 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I would feel more comfortable if we had a capable DC running the ship with this crew, but I do think we have a solid DB core with everyone healthy. Our LBs are an unknown at this point and just hopeful wish that they make a good jump from last year. Line is still big question, Kerrigan helps that, but probably turns from bad to just okay.

I honestly think Lou was potentially the best performing coach last year all things considered. He was working without a majority of the players they were counting on entering the year and even a lot of the backups. By the end of the year, he was running out corners that shouldn't be in the NFL and was at least getting enough stops to keep us in most games. 
Reply/Quote
On a side note I think the WFT should just keep their new name, but I still see it as WTF when I glance over it.

The jokes will come if they start losing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 10:17 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'd be open to it. I also like the idea of poking around Justin Houston. Both are 32 and probably rotational pieces at this point, but we could use the pass rush help.

Houston was on my radar as well, but between the two with their age, either or can help provide depth. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
If it helps make Sam Hubbard a better pass rusher heck yeah Im all
For it.
Reply/Quote
Always really liked Kerrigan. He would bring a lot of value to us both on the field and in the locker room. Hope they find a way to get him on board.
Reply/Quote
Would be a nice get, but the next headline about him will be him re-signing with WFT.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 10:26 AM)Au165 Wrote: I honestly think Lou was potentially the best performing coach last year all things considered. He was working without a majority of the players they were counting on entering the year and even a lot of the backups. By the end of the year, he was running out corners that shouldn't be in the NFL and was at least getting enough stops to keep us in most games. 

Trotting out 4th-6th string DT's and DB's.  They were talking about this fact on Sirius, and the consensus was no DC could have performed much better with what he had left to work with. But, complainers gonna complain.....
Reply/Quote
I mean honestly..... it surprises me how so many people on here just don't realize that Lou wants to run a completely different system than what Marvin and company ran here for years. You need the right players to fit the scheme. It seems they are filling the holes and bringing guys that fit what Lou wants to do now. After 2 off seasons of roster building on D this should be the year they start to see return on investment. As long as the injuries don't pile up I expect them to be a lot better this year.
Reply/Quote
Definitely hope we sign Kerrigan. He would be great vet leadership and can still provide some good DE play. Would love this.
Reply/Quote
He's been declining the past couple years in both sacks and pressures, but he's still a solid veteran.
I'd be fine with him added as a rotational piece, but I would think (or hope) this wouldn't prevent the Bengals from taking an edge rusher in the 2-4 range.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 11:55 AM)Junglejuice Wrote: I mean honestly..... it surprises me how so many people on here just don't realize that Lou wants to run a completely different system than what Marvin and company ran here for years.   You need the right players to fit the scheme.   It seems they are filling the holes and bringing guys that fit what Lou wants to do now.   After 2 off seasons of roster building on D  this should be the year they start to see return on investment.  As long as the injuries don't pile up I expect them to be a lot better this year.

They basically retooled the whole of the defense at this point so no more excuses for Lou.. I guess not going heavy on offense in free agency buys Taylor another year.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 10:26 AM)Au165 Wrote: I honestly think Lou was potentially the best performing coach last year all things considered. He was working without a majority of the players they were counting on entering the year and even a lot of the backups. By the end of the year, he was running out corners that shouldn't be in the NFL and was at least getting enough stops to keep us in most games. 

I felt the same way about Turner.  Yeah, he's scummy, but the guy had nothing to work with and had to keep playing mix and match all year due to injuries.  
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 12:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: They basically retooled the whole of the defense at this point so no more excuses for Lou.. I guess not going heavy on offense in free agency buys Taylor another year.

Signs are pointing to heavy Offensive at the top of the draft. It won't surprise him if the first 4 picks are in Offense including 2 offensive linemen.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 09:52 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Also worth noting he didn’t lose his job to a couple of scrubs. Granted Washington drafted two young guys to replace him but he got booted down the depth chart by two first round studs i6n Chase Young and Montez Sweat. He’d be a great addition to our D at the right price

That's a good point. Others have brought him up, he would be a legit 3rd DE that could even rush from UT.  This makes a lot of sense but doesn't impede a high pick from getting PT. 
Reply/Quote
Bring him in!!
Reply/Quote
Remember when a player like Kerrigan, ex-star on his last legs, used to be the top free agents we would sign?
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 02:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Remember when a player like Kerrigan, ex-star on his last legs, used to be the top free agents we would sign?

Yep, this would be our big signing for the year. Glad the team has decided to spend in recent years... really hoping it translates on the field.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 07:14 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Ryan Kerrigan visiting today. IMO would be a great rotational and pass rusher. I believe he still had around 5ish sacks last year despite not being the starter. Would likely rotate with Hubbard.

Yes, this is the guy I wanted. I know he isn't the same but as a rotational pass rusher he is a very good one still.

Heard 5.5 sacks last year in only like 38% of snaps taken.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 09:03 AM)Au165 Wrote: He is getting a lot of value guys after Hendrickson. I think in reality it comes down to protecting a young QB by not making him score 40 every game or throw 50 times. If they have a defense that can hold teams under 20 more often you have an opportunity to limit your QB from having to press constantly. You also keep Mixon more involved in games if you aren't losing by 3 scores.

Man, I like this if this can happen under Lou. If the D can stay healthy somewhat we can really judge his coaching.

Kind of hard when your entire DT core is decimated by injuries...

Been hating watching this Defense the last 3 or 4 years just fall off a cliff. We used to be a top Defense with Zim.

Hope we can get back to that.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 09:35 AM)Trademark Wrote:

Yeah baby. This is the guy I really wanted after Hendrickson. Would be a great rotational piece for us IMO.

We need him, this Draft is thin at End.
Reply/Quote