Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ryan Kerrigan Visiting
(03-24-2021, 02:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah baby. This is the guy I really wanted after Hendrickson. Would be a great rotational piece for us IMO.

We need him, this Draft is thin at End.

Yeah.  It seems like the front office is using free agency to address team needs that the draft is weak in (edge), leaving us needs that this draft class is super strong in (WR, TE, Oline).  So far so good.
Reply/Quote
Sign this dude asap! High motor, savvy vet. Can probably slide inside on 3rd and long. This'd be a really nice rotational piece!
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 02:34 PM)Yogo Wrote: Yeah.  It seems like the front office is using free agency to address team needs that the draft is weak in (edge), leaving us needs that this draft class is super strong in (WR, TE, Oline).  So far so good.

Draft is actually pretty good at edge, and not weak at TE. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 01:55 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Advanced analytics say white Dlineman are the way to go... of course the Bosas and JJ Watt have skewed things a bit Ninja

But what does PFF say about it?!

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 03:19 PM)jj22 Wrote: Draft is actually pretty good at edge, and not  weak at TE. 

Not when there are no edge players in the top 10 of mock drafts.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 02:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Remember when a player like Kerrigan, ex-star on his last legs, used to be the top free agents we would sign?

It’s a really low bar around here! What top free agents have they signed? Been a ton of meh so far. None of the signings so far have been an improvement. Lawson>Hendrickson WJIII>Awuzie....Ogunjobi is below average and wouldn’t start for most NFL teams.....Eli Apple is terrible and wouldn’t make most NFL rosters.....Reiff is the one signing where there is some improvement and that’s just because this line is so abysmal, he’s a decent tackle at best but nothing special.....what are the top free agents we are talking about? None of this is anything to get excited about. End of the day Bengals are easily the worst team in the division.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 06:03 PM)MadMaxMontoya Wrote: It’s a really low bar around here! What top free agents have they signed? Been a ton of meh so far. None of the signings so far have been an improvement. Lawson>Hendrickson WJIII>Awuzie....Ogunjobi is below average and wouldn’t start for most NFL teams.....Eli Apple is terrible and wouldn’t make most NFL rosters.....Reiff is the one signing where there is some improvement and that’s just because this line is so abysmal, he’s a decent tackle at best but nothing special.....what are the top free agents we are talking about? None of this is anything to get excited about. End of the day Bengals are easily the worst team in the division.

Hendrickson was #4 on nfl.coms top free agents and we got him for cheaper than Lawson.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 06:03 PM)MadMaxMontoya Wrote: It’s a really low bar around here!

For trolls maybe

(03-24-2021, 06:03 PM)MadMaxMontoya Wrote: Ogunjobi is below average and wouldn’t start for most NFL teams.

Last year Ogunjobi played 60% of the snaps on the leagues #3 rush defense and had as many TFLs as Sheldon Richardson.

He was making a ton of huge plays in 2018 and 2019.  Over those two seasons among all DTs he ranked 5th in TFLs (20), 6th in solo tackles (68), 11th in QB hits (28), and 12th in sacks (11).

This guy is only 26 years old and has no major injury issues.  He is a great athlete who blew up the combine when he placed first among DTs in both the broad jump and vertical, 3rd in the three-cone, 4th in bench, and 5th in the forty.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 06:03 PM)MadMaxMontoya Wrote: . Lawson>Hendrickson 

I disagree

I'd say on production alone Hendrickson looks like an upgrade.  Here are their numbers last year in "snaps per".  In other words the lower the number the better

Lawson............  20.1 tkl....  131.5 sack.....  180.8 TFL....  22.6 QBHit
Hendrickson.....  25.4 tkl....    41.3 sack....    46.5 TFL.....  22.3 QBhit

Even if you say talent and production are equal then Hendrickson is an upgrade because he is more likely to stay healthy and play.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 05:18 PM)Yogo Wrote: Not when there are no edge players in the top 10 of mock drafts.

There's some good day 2 options. I feel like there's rushers to be had mid rounds this year. No top talent, but not that bad of a class. 

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 07:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: There's some good day 2 options. I feel like there's rushers to be had mid rounds this year. No top talent, but not that bad of a class. 

The Bengals have been looking hard at the late day 2 to day 3 edge guys. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 02:34 PM)Yogo Wrote: Yeah.  It seems like the front office is using free agency to address team needs that the draft is weak in (edge), leaving us needs that this draft class is super strong in (WR, TE, Oline).  So far so good.

Completely agree Yogo and believe this is the way to go. Rock On

(03-24-2021, 03:19 PM)jj22 Wrote: Draft is actually pretty good at edge, and not  weak at TE. 

After the 3rd round it gets weak at Edge big time. Now OT is strong but I still want us to add a playmaker early if we can that 
can score TD's like Pitts, after the 3rd TE gets weak as well...

Maybe you meant DE not being weak, I just wish it was stronger as we need pass rush. Kerrigan helps if he hasn't fell off since
last season. Get the trenches solidified is what needed to happen this Offseason, both Hendrickson and Kerrigan would be great
moves for this team. Love the signing of Reiff and bringing back Spain but I think we need at least one more Guard and another
OT.

If we can get a guy like Spencer Brown in the 3rd or 4th to learn from Reiff I think this would be cool if Sewell isn't there.

Pitts, Eichenberg, Patrick Jones, Nixon DT or Stills would be sweet too though.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 05:18 PM)Yogo Wrote: Not when there are no edge players in the top 10 of mock drafts.

Eh? You can get good players outside the top 10.

Our current starting edges were both third round picks (Hendrickson and Hubbard). Lawson was a 4th round and Dunlap was a 2nd round. This draft may lack a Chase Young or Myles Garrett in the top 10 but there will be solid contributors to be had in and around the third round.

The way the draft is lining up it should be good for a DE with 69 and an OT before that at 38. 
Reply/Quote
May need help with my new sig, but we've got to sign Kerrigan and draft Jaelan Phillips in the 2nd:

[Image: nsync_throwback.jpg]

NSACK

Jalen
[Image: jaelan-phillips-1.jpg]

RYAN
[Image: ayrxv46g3i5b1gxq1zro]
LOGAN
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDwhabxIShuHggJiBFDrL...w&usqp=CAU]
SAM
[Image: 93901_h.jpg]
TREY
[Image: C_uhFqMVwAAVvjG.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I think his best days are well behind him now, but that would be a real solid rotational add.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm in the Baltimore/DC area so I've seen a lot on him and the team. Was a dominant player. Problem is "was." Now, if he has anything left, it will be a good piece to add. Depending on price, I'm all for it. When not taking snaps, he'll be great on the sidelines, coaching guys up.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 08:20 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Eh? You can get good players outside the top 10.

Our current starting edges were both third round picks (Hendrickson and Hubbard). Lawson was a 4th round and Dunlap was a 2nd round. This draft may lack a Chase Young or Myles Garrett in the top 10 but there will be solid contributors to be had in and around the third round.

The way the draft is lining up it should be good for a DE with 69 and an OT before that at 38. 

Don't forget Geno was a 4th round pick..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 09:35 AM)Trademark Wrote:

Fun fact: Lou should be the DBs coach at some college program to this day...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
If they get his done, then I see offense in 1, 2, and 3. They'd be set for 2020 on defense. Grab some backfill guys after that, and hope you can make hay giving Burrow 3 young goys to grow with.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 08:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: May need help with my new sig, but we've got to sign Kerrigan and draft Jaelan Phillips in the 2nd:

[Image: nsync_throwback.jpg]

NSACK

Jalen
[Image: jaelan-phillips-1.jpg]

RYAN
[Image: ayrxv46g3i5b1gxq1zro]
LOGAN
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDwhabxIShuHggJiBFDrL...w&usqp=CAU]
SAM
[Image: 93901_h.jpg]
TREY
[Image: C_uhFqMVwAAVvjG.jpg]
Lol dont forget Margus hunt, we are creating the great white curtain in Cincinnati.  Zac is taking notes from bill bellicheck.
Reply/Quote