Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
S Nick Scott official visit
(03-16-2023, 11:00 AM)Au165 Wrote: I have mentioned the guy I know who works as a defensive analyst for the Chiefs before here. He was mentioning the other day that their secondary was a mess partially because Jalen Ramsey just free roamed half the time doing whatever he wanted schematically which would leave others out to dry. He said that was one of the reasons Ramsey did not bring the haul people thought he would, he basically decides when he wants to play in and out of scheme. 

That does not surprise me remember he did the same thing at Florida State playing safety. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:32 AM)kalibengal Wrote: I live in LA and watched alot of Rams and Bengals games....Scott is a beastly hitter and has good ball skills...this would be a great under the radar signing IMO 

Great info; thanks!  Inside scouting is a benefit of having fans all over the world.
Reply/Quote
The hope is that as a converted RB, he still has room to grow/learn as a S.
Reply/Quote
Bottom line for me, I don't give a rat's about anyone' PFF scores, or what they did elsewhere. Lou knows what he wants, and who will fit in what he wants to do. He's proven it. Chido was no ball of fire at Dallas, but he got here in Lou's system and became a top corner. Same with Apple. Look at how far CTB came. Lou will pick who he wants, and it will be someone athletic, who has the smarts and the willingness and discipline to play within a system, and we will be fine. Book it.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:10 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Seems like a backup/depth move more than a starter to replace Bell.

He played 97% of the rams snaps.

Would probably be a starter here as well
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 01:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bottom line for me, I don't give a rat's about anyone' PFF scores, or what they did elsewhere. Lou knows what he wants, and who will fit in what he wants to do. He's proven it. Chido was no ball of fire at Dallas, but he got here in Lou's system and became a top corner. Same with Apple. Look at how far CTB came. Lou will pick who he wants, and it will be someone athletic, who has the smarts and the willingness and discipline to play within a system, and we will be fine. Book it.

It's great to have coaches that know what they want and know how to evaluate talent and it gives me hope that we'll win a few rings because we have Burrow and Chase.

It gets me pumped up that we're at least trying to be proactive in free agency, while also working on Burrow's contract! 

Losing Bell and Bates hurts but this helps ease the blow and opens up the draft a bit.
Reply/Quote
Maybe they brought Nick Scott in to ask about Taylor Rapp. haha
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:32 AM)kalibengal Wrote: I live in LA and watched alot of Rams and Bengals games....Scott is a beastly hitter and has good ball skills...this would be a great under the radar signing IMO 

Thanks, never heard of Scott before this so need some inside info. Still want Julian Love the most of all the Safeties now besides CGJ.

Like his teammate Rapp as well...

But I will trust whatever Lou decides. If Nick Scott fits his system better than the other guy's so be it, sounds more athletic than Bell.
Reply/Quote
Reports are out that Bengals are coming to a multi-year deal with Scott.....

The #Bengals and former #Rams safety Nick Scott are expected to finalize a multi-year deal,
@PFF_Brad
reports. Scott was in the building today and is coming off a season in which he started 16 games for the Rams. Cincy lost safeties Jessie Bates and Vonn Bell in recent days.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Cue the "Great Scott" references for a while LOL
Reply/Quote
Rapp is reportedly visiting as well. Both?
Reply/Quote
54.2 PFF for Scott. Underwhelmed.
Reply/Quote
Done deal and it's for multiple years.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 54.2 PFF for Scott. Underwhelmed.

Scott is better than Rapp…
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: Scott is better than Rapp…

Not better. Maybe faster. But Rapp is way better.
Reply/Quote
With bad safeties, our CB performance will decline.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Not better. Maybe faster. But Rapp is way better.

Negative. PFF has no clue on coverage. Fun fact if you ever talk to someone who has seen how they actually grade you’d probably ask for a refund on the entire service.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:33 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Done deal and it's for multiple years.

Sounds like it's close, but not there just yet.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Sounds like it's close, but not there just yet.

Would love to get both Scott and Rapp. Like another poster said, Michael Thomas is getting a little long in the tooth.

Scott is an ascending player moving from RB to Safety who loves contact. Rapp knows where to be on the field, both are smart.

That is what we lost with Vonn Bell, smarts.
Reply/Quote