Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
S Nick Scott official visit
(03-16-2023, 10:21 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Maybe we are gonna play more 3 safety stuff with Bates gone. Or we are thinking about moving on from Thomas. Or we are thinking of careying 5 safeties. Who knows?

But I know with Scott we have 5 on the roster: D. Hill, Scott, Thomas, Anderson,  and B. Wilson.

Brandon Wilson is the odd man out. I could definitely see some 3 Safety looks with Dax, Scott and Tycen.

Michael Thomas is here for leadership and ST's.

(03-16-2023, 10:23 PM)Garrus Wrote: The more I read about Scott the happier I am if we do indeed sign him. I think he could be really good in Lou’s system

Same, I trust Lou that Nick Scott fits just what he wants. Must be smart, that is what was needed more than anything with Bell leaving.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Interchangeable pretty much. Rapp is slower, so take that for what it is worth and Scott is a better run defender.

Honestly, Scott sounds pretty solid across the board for a guy only starting for a season and a half pretty much. Ramsey bailed on that
entire Secondary at times moving from zone to man and back and forth and everyone else had to make up for it. Ramsey is a selfish little 
shit and I hope we play the Fins a lot so Chase can rip him apart like AJ lol

Rapp is a little bigger and rated out as the 13th best safety overall and 8th best vs the run. And has more QB hits and TFLs. Seems like he plays closer to the LOS. That's why I am asking. I think Bell/Rapp and Bates/Scott are the better comps, though I get the Rams play a different system more akin to a 2 deep rather than a SS/FS dynamic we did here. 

I doubt Scott is appreciably better vs the run than Rapp.

Feel free to trash PFF, of course. 
Reply/Quote
I know we're gunning for TEs and RBs in this draft, but I'm thinking real hard if a good corner or perhaps Branch is sitting there. I think a DB is a much more sensible long-term investment than a TE or RB that will get split or limited snaps and be a 4th or 5th option on a loaded offense......
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Brandon Wilson is the odd man out. I could definitely see some 3 Safety looks with Dax, Scott and Tycen.

Same, I trust Lou that Nick Scott fits just what he wants. Must be smart, that is what was needed more than anything with Bell leaving.

If we sign Rapp, it will be 6. 2 men out. Agree on Wilson. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:19 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Never would have expected our number #1 half empty poster would like it. But not knowing the amount I’ll wait. I might agree.

Seriously man, what's your problem? Are you just going to be a bag of dicks regardless of what I say on this board? I'm not negative, you're a dick. I'm negative and fully admit it, you're a dick. I have a problem with pretty much nobody on this board and yet suddenly you've decided that you need to police my posts for wording and phrasing and now you're coming at me cold with insults.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Seriously man, what's your problem? Are you just going to be a bag of dicks regardless of what I say on this board? I'm not negative, you're a dick. I'm negative and fully admit it, you're a dick. I have a problem with pretty much nobody on this board and yet suddenly you've decided that you need to police my posts for wording and phrasing and now you're coming at me cold with insults.

I promise to praise all your positive posts.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:50 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I promise to praise all your positive posts.

I don't need your praise. I just need you to not follow me around insulting me and policing my posts for tone and phrasing. If you find something factual or statistical you disagree with in my posts, feel free to point it out and provide the facts or statistics you need to refute it, I will be happy to read it and reply. You wouldn't be the first person on here to disagree with me, you wouldn't be the first person to make me change my mind on what I believe on here after seeing their point. Going around insulting me though is never going to bring positive results, though, because I am not going to just take it in a non-confrontational manner.

ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't need your praise. I just need you to not follow me around insulting me and policing my posts for tone and phrasing. If you find something factual or statistical you disagree with in my posts, feel free to point it out and provide the facts or statistics you need to refute it, I will be happy to read it and reply. You wouldn't be the first person on here to disagree with me, you wouldn't be the first person to make me change my mind on what I believe on here after seeing their point. Going around insulting me though is never going to bring positive results, though, because I am not going to just take it in a non-confrontational manner.

ThumbsUp

Okay I won’t comment on your positive posts just your negative ones.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:58 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Okay I won’t comment on your positive posts just your negative ones.

Well I guess you answered my question at least. Yes, you are going to just be a bag of dicks regardless of what I say. Have a good night, man, I hope you enjoy whatever it is you're personally getting from this.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Seriously man, what's your problem? Are you just going to be a bag of dicks regardless of what I say on this board? I'm not negative, you're a dick. I'm negative and fully admit it, you're a dick. I have a problem with pretty much nobody on this board and yet suddenly you've decided that you need to police my posts for wording and phrasing and now you're coming at me cold with insults.

(03-16-2023, 11:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Well I guess you answered my question at least. Yes, you are going to just be a bag of dicks regardless of what I say. Have a good night, man, I hope you enjoy whatever it is you're personally getting from this.

You are a solid, informed, and valuable poster. But yes I will respond when I think you are too negative in a respectful way.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nick Scott
1 TFL
0 QB Hits
79.3% completion allowed
10.4 yards allowed per target
118.5 QB Rating allowed
10.4% missed tackle rate

Vonn Bell
4 TFL
4 QB Hits
67.9% completion allowed
8.8 yards allowed per target
64.0 QB Rating allowed
7.2% missed tackle rate

(PFR has Scott at 601 yards and 4 TDs and Bell at 468 yards and 0 TDs.)

2022 Nick Scott looks very similar to 2021 Vonn Bell:

5 TFL
1 QB Hits
75.4% completion allowed
9.2 yards allowed per target
113.6 QB Rating allowed
9.3% missed tackle rate
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:
Brandon Wilson is the odd man out.
I could definitely see some 3 Safety looks with Dax, Scott and Tycen.

Yeah, Wilson had cemented his spot by being the Kick Returner. Now Williams is doing that, and doing a good job of it. Brandon is not going to be here.
Reply/Quote
re: The 'Trust Lou' narrative:

"Having watched all those defensive films in the Bengals against Kansas City," Solak said. "Lou Anarumo, the Bengals defensive coordinator, has no respect for Orlando Brown. Every time he goes one-on-one hunting. He puts one of his explosive rushers, either Trey Hendrickson or Joseph Ossai, which are not insanely talented names, against Orlando Brown and they always win. When Lou learned that the Bengals were signing Orlando Brown to a big contract. I think his head was spinning."

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/the-ringers-benjamin-solak-on-orlando-brown-signing-not-a-top-20-tackle-in-the-league
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 11:15 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: re: The 'Trust Lou' narrative:

"Having watched all those defensive films in the Bengals against Kansas City," Solak said. "Lou Anarumo, the Bengals defensive coordinator, has no respect for Orlando Brown. Every time he goes one-on-one hunting. He puts one of his explosive rushers, either Trey Hendrickson or Joseph Ossai, which are not insanely talented names, against Orlando Brown and they always win. When Lou learned that the Bengals were signing Orlando Brown to a big contract. I think his head was spinning."

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/the-ringers-benjamin-solak-on-orlando-brown-signing-not-a-top-20-tackle-in-the-league

That guy lost all credibility when he said this.....
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:27 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Rapp is a little bigger and rated out as the 13th best safety overall and 8th best vs the run. And has more QB hits and TFLs. Seems like he plays closer to the LOS. That's why I am asking. I think Bell/Rapp and Bates/Scott are the better comps, though I get the Rams play a different system more akin to a 2 deep rather than a SS/FS dynamic we did here. 

I doubt Scott is appreciably better vs the run than Rapp.

Feel free to trash PFF, of course. 

Good stuff, cannot disagree with anything. Nice post. ThumbsUp

(03-16-2023, 10:28 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: If we sign Rapp, it will be 6. 2 men out. Agree on Wilson. 

Yes sir.

(03-17-2023, 01:58 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: 2022 Nick Scott looks very similar to 2021 Vonn Bell:

5 TFL
1 QB Hits
75.4% completion allowed
9.2 yards allowed per target
113.6 QB Rating allowed
9.3% missed tackle rate

Thanks Holic, interested in seeing how much Scott grows here under Lou.

(03-17-2023, 08:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, Wilson had cemented his spot by being the Kick Returner. Now Williams is doing that, and doing a good job of it. Brandon is not going to be here.

Think the same, Brandon has been hurt a lot lately too.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 04:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That guy lost all credibility when he said this.....

I guess Trey Hendrickson sucks now.  

At least it won't sting if we have to let him go when the big contracts come due.
Reply/Quote