•2 INT, 2 Forced Fumbles

Vonn Bell
•Started 16 Games
•374 Yards Allowed
•1 Touchdown Allowed
•4 INT, 2 Forced Fumbles
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Seems like a Vonn Bell clone elite Box Safety with questionable coverage skills. Had a pretty good playoff run for the Rams Last season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Seems to be a solid guy that's been learning the position on the fly at the highest level. Not a big name, but Bell was considered a third wave box safety when we signed him away from the Saints. When he left us, he was one of the best fa safeties on the market. We'll see if Lou can work his magic.

It's a positive thing to have a guy with experience back there with Dax. I still kind of hope they draft a db on day 1 or 2.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would love to get both Scott and Rapp. Like another poster said, Michael Thomas is getting a little long in the tooth.

Scott is an ascending player moving from RB to Safety who loves contact. Rapp knows where to be on the field, both are smart.

That is what we lost with Vonn Bell, smarts.

Why would we get both when we used our 1st round pick on a safety last year? That would be a lot of resources tied up in 1 spot just for one of them to sit the bench all year. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:52 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Nick Scott [2022 season]
•Started 16 Games
•323 Yards Allowed
•3 Touchdowns Allowed
•2 INT, 2 Forced Fumbles

Vonn Bell
•Started 16 Games
•374 Yards Allowed
•1 Touchdown Allowed
•4 INT, 2 Forced Fumbles

Nick Scott
1 TFL
0 QB Hits
79.3% completion allowed
10.4 yards allowed per target
118.5 QB Rating allowed
10.4% missed tackle rate

Vonn Bell
4 TFL
4 QB Hits
67.9% completion allowed
8.8 yards allowed per target
64.0 QB Rating allowed
7.2% missed tackle rate

(PFR has Scott at 601 yards and 4 TDs and Bell at 468 yards and 0 TDs.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:52 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Nick Scott [2022 season]
•Started 16 Games
•323 Yards Allowed
•3 Touchdowns Allowed
•2 INT, 2 Forced Fumbles

Vonn Bell
•Started 16 Games
•374 Yards Allowed
•1 Touchdown Allowed
•4 INT, 2 Forced Fumbles

Nice. Cool

(03-16-2023, 09:56 PM)J24 Wrote: Seems like a Vonn Bell clone elite Box Safety with questionable  coverage skills. Had a pretty good playoff run for the Rams Last season.

Sounds like he is ascending to me like Au165 said...

(03-16-2023, 09:57 PM)samhain Wrote: Seems to be a solid guy that's been learning the position on the fly at the highest level.  Not a big name, but Bell was considered a third wave box safety when we signed him away from the Saints.  When he left us, he was one of the best fa safeties on the market.  We'll see if Lou can work his magic.

It's a positive thing to have a guy with experience back there with Dax.  I still kind of hope they draft a db on day 1 or 2.

Great post as usual Samhain. We will see, Nick Scott might end up being a great get if we land him, never even heard of him until 
today. He had to jump in and play well in the Playoffs and against us in the SB and did so. Lou knows what he is doing.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nick Scott
1 TFL
0 QB Hits
79.3% completion allowed
118.5 QB Rating allowed
10.4% missed tackle rate

Vonn Bell
4 TFL
4 QB Hits
67.9% completion allowed
64.0 QB Rating allowed
7.2% missed tackle rate

I like the other guys stats better. Get rid of yours.  Tongue

Do you know what Bells stats were like before he signed here? Last year was Scott's first full year starting so hopefully, like Bell seemed to, he'll improve over the 3 years of his contract. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nick Scott
1 TFL
0 QB Hits
79.3% completion allowed
118.5 QB Rating allowed
10.4% missed tackle rate

Vonn Bell
4 TFL
4 QB Hits
67.9% completion allowed
64.0 QB Rating allowed
7.2% missed tackle rate

(PFR has Scott at 601 yards and 4 TDs and Bell at 468 yards and 0 TDs.)

Nice as well TLL. Still the guy is learning, not against signing Scott at all.

The Ford signing is much more questionable.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:58 PM)TheFan Wrote: Why would we get both when we used our 1st round pick on a safety last year? That would be a lot of resources tied up in 1 spot just for one of them to sit the bench all year. 

Good question, I don't know why we brought in Rapp if we were going to sign Scott, must of been a really good interview and he must
have some good film that Lou took notice of. Also like Tycen Anderson for the future, but we DID lose 2 Safeties in FA...
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice as well TLL. Still the guy is learning, not against signing Scott at all.

Just wanted to show that while you can use some stats to make Bell and Scott look similar-ish, you can continue to use stats to make them look very VERY different.

I am not excited about this signing at all but I would love to be wrong on this. If I am wrong, the Bengals get a good defender to be steady next to Dax, which would be a great thing.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice as well TLL. Still the guy is learning, not against signing Scott at all.

Isn't Scott more of the FS and Rapp the SS, or do I have that wrong? 
Reply/Quote
good run defender
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just wanted to show that while you can use some stats to make Bell and Scott look the same, you can continue to use stats to make them look very VERY different.

I am not excited about this signing at all but I would love to be wrong on this. If I am wrong, the Bengals get a good defender to be steady next to Dax, which would be a great thing.

His fit is his ability to allow Lou to run late rotations interchangeably. We play a lot of single high coverages but we try to rotate from various pre snap rotations. We got burned a couple times last year when Vonn was on the late bail. Specifically there was a play in the first KC game where he was late bailing and didn't have the make up speed to get back and MVS burned us down the middle. Not the only instance but one that vividly stands out to me.

My guy I trust on defensive analysis really liked this pick up for us. He broke down the Rams defense and ours for the Chiefs this year and he thinks Scott would be a better fit in our system than Bell with some time to learn it. He also mentioned he'd take him over Thornhill and that dude was part of his organization lol.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just wanted to show that while you can use some stats to make Bell and Scott look similar-ish, you can continue to use stats to make them look very VERY different.

Awesome, great post. If I have a problem with this signing it is that Scott is not a real vet yet. He played in the Playoffs, against us in the SB 
and last season and played alright for the most part. He is young and Lou must really like him is why I am down with this signing. Think I would
of rather had a veteran who can teach Dax some more of the ropes along with Tycen, but hey, Lou can do that.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just wanted to show that while you can use some stats to make Bell and Scott look similar-ish, you can continue to use stats to make them look very VERY different.

Agree, it isn’t the best signing as of right now. Time to prove us wrong, or continue to make other addition. That said, it does fill a position, and depending on the contract could be as a backup. Remember the 2000s? Ifani, Kevin kaesvaharn? I can’t imagine it’s that bad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Never would have expected our number #1 half empty poster would like it. But not knowing the amount I’ll wait. I might agree.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
A ton of Rams fans I’ve talked too said they would rather have Scott back than Rapp. Take that for what you will but they said he passed the eye test and is way faster and a better athlete than Rapp.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:12 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Isn't Scott more of the FS and Rapp the SS, or do I have that wrong? 

Interchangeable pretty much. Rapp is slower, so take that for what it is worth and Scott is a better run defender.

Honestly, Scott sounds pretty solid across the board for a guy only starting for a season and a half pretty much. Ramsey bailed on that
entire Secondary at times moving from zone to man and back and forth and everyone else had to make up for it. Ramsey is a selfish little 
shit and I hope we play the Fins a lot so Chase can rip him apart like AJ lol
Reply/Quote
Maybe we are gonna play more 3 safety stuff with Bates gone. Or we are thinking about moving on from Thomas. Or we are thinking of careying 5 safeties. Who knows?

But I know with Scott we have 5 on the roster: D. Hill, Scott, Thomas, Anderson, and B. Wilson.
Reply/Quote
The more I read about Scott the happier I am if we do indeed sign him. I think he could be really good in Lou’s system
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote