Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOTUS orders thrice-divorced KY county clerk to issue marriage license
(09-03-2015, 05:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: Confused

A lot of words to say nothing.

Do you support her "her right to stand for principle in her own way" or not? 

Because "her way" was to not do a part of her job that was required by law.

I always respect someone who stands for their principles. But as I have said... She needs to do her job or stand aside and let someone else sort this couple out.

This couple just needs to go elsewhere for their government marriage. Why deal with any of this?

It amazes me that people create this drama when it's easily avoided. You know they focused on this woman, they don't care about their government marriage.... They care about ruining this woman's career.
(09-03-2015, 05:14 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I think it's already been fairly well explained to you by another user what the difference is between my post and the other guy's. Your failure to comprehend is wholly your fault, and unless you're going to pay me, I'm not interested in replacing him as your tutor.

No doubt I appreciate you and your Wonder Twin for clearing it up for me. I thought the topic was concerning enforcement of Federal Laws or the failure to do so.

But thanks to the "tutelage" of you two I realize it was actually about do Republicans agree with the ruling that occurred about 2 days after the OP.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-03-2015, 05:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt I appreciate you and your Wonder Twin for clearing it up for me. I thought the topic was concerning enforcement of Federal Laws or the failure to do so.

It wasn't. Glad to help! Rock On
(09-03-2015, 05:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt I appreciate you and your Wonder Twin for clearing it up for me. I thought the topic was concerning enforcement of Federal Laws or the failure to do so.

But thanks to the "tutelage" of you two I realize it was actually about do Republicans agree with the ruling that occurred about 2 days after the OP.  

The ruling is a part of the topic at hand.  How people view the ruling is a part of the topic at hand.  Obama's issues with immigration is not.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(09-03-2015, 05:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This couple just needs to go elsewhere for their government marriage.   Why deal with any of this?

It amazes me that people create this drama when it's easily avoided.   You know they focused on this woman, they don't care about their government marriage.... They care about ruining this woman's career.

Yes, the poor, poor woman who violated the law is the real victim...

RE: "law and order Republicans", bfine32.
(09-03-2015, 05:25 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: The ruling is a part of the topic at hand.  How people view the ruling is a part of the topic at hand.  Obama's issues with immigration is not.

Isn't picking and choosing what fed laws to enforce and to what degree.... That's part of this convo. Nothing stopped these people from getting their government marriage on her off day or elsewhere. Unless this is the way it's being handled all over kentucky.
(09-03-2015, 05:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Isn't picking and choosing what fed laws to enforce and to what degree....  That's part of this convo.

Not until he posted that.  So no.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(09-03-2015, 05:26 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Yes, the poor, poor woman who violated the law is the real victim...

RE: "law and order Republicans", bfine32.

Why even deal with this woman? its quite easy to go to another location get their government marriage and report the lady to the state.

I often go to another county for my drivers license renewal. Better customer service.
(09-03-2015, 05:30 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Not until he posted that.  So no.

Fair enough.  
(09-03-2015, 05:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why even deal with this woman?  its quite easy to go to another location get their government marriage and report the lady to the state.  

I often go to another county for my drivers license renewal.  Better customer service.

More victim-blaming and excuses for the perpetrator.

Why did the cop even deal with that kid at Arby's? It's quite easy to go to another Arby's location.
(09-03-2015, 05:25 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: The ruling is a part of the topic at hand.  How people view the ruling is a part of the topic at hand.  Obama's issues with immigration is not.

So if I would have said "How many of you tree-hugging evolutionist agree with the ruling?" I would just be asking how people view to ruling and not trying to steer the topic?

These things work better when you answer with honesty and forthrightness.

Nobody here (regardless how hard Dino tries) thinks this lady should not have been required to do her job. I knew full well the intent of dude's post and it was not an attempt to keep it solely on this topic. If you are being totally honest you know this as well, but you've done gone too far to defend it.  

(09-03-2015, 05:33 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: More victim-blaming and excuses for the perpetrator.

Why did the cop even deal with that kid at Arby's? It's quite easy to go to another Arby's location.

Is this on topic, because it sounds like a different case? Tutor required.

(09-03-2015, 05:33 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: More victim-blaming and excuses for the perpetrator.

Exactly. Now your getting it .... Just take your business elsewhere .
(09-03-2015, 05:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is this on topic, because it sounds like a different case? Tutor required.

I told you, I require payment. Otherwise the best I can do is recommend you buy a good dictionary and look up the word "analogy". I know, I know... Books are hard... Oh well.
(09-03-2015, 05:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Isn't picking and choosing what fed laws to enforce and to what degree....  

I thought it was introduced when someone asked if "pro police and aw and order Republicans" agree with this. But I was instructed otherwise. Because somehow this topic had to do with being pro police and Republican.

(09-03-2015, 05:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why even deal with this woman?  its quite easy to go to another location get their government marriage and report the lady to the state.  

I often go to another county for my drivers license renewal.  Better customer service.

Are you serious? You don't see the need? While you may not agree with it, you have to follow the logic as to why.
(09-03-2015, 05:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Exactly.   Now your getting it .... Just take your business elsewhere .

Or, just do your job. And if you break the law, go to jail. And if you defend someone breaking the law and cast them as the victim, expect to be ridiculed for it.
(09-03-2015, 05:39 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I told you, I require payment. Otherwise the best I can do is recommend you buy a good dictionary and look up the word "analogy". I know, I know... Books are hard... Oh well.

OOoohhhhhh, like comparing this ruling to Federal immigration laws.

(09-03-2015, 05:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: OOoohhhhhh, like comparing this ruling to Federal immigration laws.

Nope. You either didn't understand the definition, or have made a thinking error in applying it to your dumb immigration laws post. I'm betting on both. Class dismissed.
(09-03-2015, 05:46 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Nope. You either didn't understand the definition, or have made a thinking error in applying it to your dumb immigration laws post. I'm betting on both. Class dismissed.

I'm betting I didn't even make the immigration law post; dumb or otherwise. Enjoy recess.