Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOTUS orders thrice-divorced KY county clerk to issue marriage license
(09-04-2015, 10:34 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I almost feel bad for her. At some point, she was convinced that she can atone for her past if she persecutes those who anger her god. This isn't normal "very religious". This is "I am going to tell gay people they will face judgement and compare gay marriage to Sodom and Gomorra religious". It's "crazy person religious".

I'm just using this to repost this little nugget:

Quote:Ezekiel 16:49 

Parallel Verses
New International Version
"'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.

New Living Translation
Sodom's sins were pride, gluttony, and laziness, while the poor and needy suffered outside her door.

English Standard Version
Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy.

New American Standard Bible 
"Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had arrogance, abundant food and careless ease, but she did not help the poor and needy.

King James Bible
Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Now this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, plenty of food, and comfortable security, but didn't support the poor and needy. 

International Standard Version
Look! This was the sin of your sister Sodom and her daughters: Pride, too much food, undisturbed peace, and failure to help the poor and needy. 

NET Bible
"'See here--this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters had majesty, abundance of food, and enjoyed carefree ease, but they did not help the poor and needy.

GOD'S WORD Translation
This is what your sister Sodom has done wrong. She and her daughters were proud that they had plenty of food and had peace and security. They didn't help the poor and the needy.

JPS Tanakh 1917
Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom: pride, fulness of bread, and careless ease was in her and in her daughters; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

New American Standard 1977 
“Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had arrogance, abundant food, and careless ease, but she did not help the poor and needy.

Jubilee Bible 2000
Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom: pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the afflicted and needy.

King James 2000 Bible
Behold, this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom, pride, fullness of food, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

American King James Version
Behold, this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom, pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

American Standard Version
Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom: pride, fulness of bread, and prosperous ease was in her and in her daughters; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Behold this was the iniquity of Sodom thy sister, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance, and the idleness of her, and of her daughters: and they did not put forth their hand to the needy, and to the poor. 

Darby Bible Translation
Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom: pride, fulness of bread, and careless ease was in her and in her daughters, but she did not strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

English Revised Version
Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom; pride, fulness of bread, and prosperous ease was in her and in her daughters; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

Webster's Bible Translation
Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

World English Bible
Behold, this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: pride, fullness of bread, and prosperous ease was in her and in her daughters; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

Young's Literal Translation
Lo, this hath been the iniquity of Sodom thy sister, Arrogancy, fulness of bread, and quiet ease, Have been to her and to her daughters, And the hand of the afflicted and needy She hath not strengthened.

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-05-2015, 03:22 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol all this over a government marriage.

The most worthless of all marriages. Just drop gov marriages and let us all go about our business.

Right, no reason for civil marriages what so ever. Not that the civil aspect of marriage predates any other or anything. Rolleyes
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-05-2015, 12:26 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Since the the federal mandate regarding same sex marriages, she is now required to sign her name on the certificate. She was not required to sign before that.

(09-05-2015, 01:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is not true at all.

Even if it were it has nothing to do with whether the licenses are valid without her signature and it does not make that determination a federal matter.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/09/04/mike-huckabee-jailing-kim-davis-marks-criminalization-christianity

Huckabee: Jailing of KY Clerk Marks 'Criminalization of Christianity'
share this
email

Quote:Sep 04, 2015 // 11:37am
As seen on America's Newsroom
Mike Huckabee called the jailing of Kim Davis “an unbelievable moment in American history.”

The Kentucky county clerk was sent to jail yesterday for her refusal to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

“This is the criminalization of Christianity,” Huckabee said.

Huckabee noted that Davis is being held without bail for following her convictions, and he remarked that even serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer got bail.

“Who’s next? Are pastors next? Florists? Caterers? Who else goes to jail before this is over?” he asked.

The 2016 contender also charged the Supreme Court with creating “a redefinition of marriage.”

Huckabee will rally for Davis and religious liberty in Kentucky on Tuesday.

Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-04-2015, 07:44 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Husband #4

[Image: JoeDavis2-660x330.jpg]

Aren't those the guys from "Deliverance"? They use signs nowadays instead of banjos?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(09-06-2015, 01:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/09/04/mike-huckabee-jailing-kim-davis-marks-criminalization-christianity

Huckabee: Jailing of KY Clerk Marks 'Criminalization of Christianity'
share this
email

Rolleyes

This is pure idiocy on Huckabee's part....not that as though that's a shock to me or many others. 

They're not criminalizing Christianity here.  She was elected to do a job and is refusing to do it.  Yes, I get that this wasn't the law when she was elected, but in that case, resign your position.  That is taking a stand and sticking up for her beliefs, but without the criminal element involved. 

For all of the flack I give liberals on here, things like this make me hate conservatives just as much. 

A lot of fake libertarians siding with her on this are being just as naive, IMO.  
(09-06-2015, 05:33 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: For all of the flack I give liberals on here, things like this make me hate conservatives just as much. 

A lot of fake libertarians siding with her on this are being just as naive, IMO.  

It's the whole "liberty" crap. Ron Paul may have inadvertently done more harm than good to the Republican party by introducing semi-libertarianism to it. 

We have multiple candidates trying to convince us all that a government official not being able to deny rights to citizens is an attack on religious freedom. That's the complete opposite of an attack on individual freedoms. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-06-2015, 06:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We have multiple candidates trying to convince us all that a government official not being able to deny rights to citizens is an attack on religious freedom. That's the complete opposite of an attack on individual freedoms. 

Great post! 
I talked to a "person" at a family reunion; he is also a County Clerk in KY. He stated that he is not required to sign or even issue the license; he stated his clerks can do it. But he said they are only authorized to do so under his permission and the license require his stamp. When we went to talk about the validity of the license he said he really didn't know, said it would most likely depend under whose authority the licenses are being issued.

Knowing he is a religious man I asked his opinion. He said "well I issue driver's license too, that doesn't make me the reason you speed."
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-06-2015, 06:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I talked to a "person" at a family reunion; he is also a County Clerk in KY. He stated that he is not required to sign or even issue the license; he stated his clerks can do it. But he said they are only authorized to do so under his permission and the license require his stamp. When we went to talk about the validity of the license he said he really didn't know, said it would most likely depend under whose authority the licenses are being issued.

Knowing he is a religious man I asked his opinion. He said "well I issue driver's license too, that doesn't make me the reason you speed."

Not really the same thing. They're not issued a speeding license.
(09-06-2015, 06:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We have multiple candidates trying to convince us all that a government official not being able to deny rights to citizens is an attack on religious freedom. That's the complete opposite of an attack on individual freedoms. 

Carly Fiorina had the most logical statement to come out of that Republican bunch.

“Is she prepared to continue to work for the government, be paid for by the government, in which case she needs to execute the government’s will, or does she feel so strongly about this that she wants to sever her employment with the government and go seek employment elsewhere where her religious liberties would be paramount over her duties as a government employee?”

Davis isn't a baker being forced to bake a gay wedding cake, or a photographer being forced to photograph something vile, those situations are defendable.
Davis is a government employee, and if she is as good a Christian as she claims, then she should know what JC once said...to give unto Caesar what is Caesars and to God what is Gods.
(09-05-2015, 03:22 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol all this over a government marriage.  

The most worthless of all marriages.   Just drop gov marriages and let us all go about our business.

Er,  don't you have a worthless government marriage?
(09-06-2015, 08:13 PM)Blutarsky Wrote: Carly Fiorina had the most logical statement to come out of that Republican bunch.

“Is she prepared to continue to work for the government, be paid for by the government, in which case she needs to execute the government’s will, or does she feel so strongly about this that she wants to sever her employment with the government and go seek employment elsewhere where her religious liberties would be paramount over her duties as a government employee?”

Yeah, I'd have to agree with her take on this. 
(09-06-2015, 08:13 PM)Blutarsky Wrote: Carly Fiorina had the most logical statement to come out of that Republican bunch.

Sounds like the response a CEO would give.

Quote:a photographer being forced to photograph something vile

I don't think you can force a photographer to photograph something considered indecent. I'm not sure if I have heard of a case in which this has occurred.

Actually Trump had a very sensible response:

“We are a nation of laws. The decision’s been made, and that’s the law of the land.”

(09-06-2015, 07:57 PM)Blutarsky Wrote: Not really the same thing. They're not issued a speeding license.

and he is not issuing a homosexual license.

(09-06-2015, 09:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Er,  don't you have a worthless government marriage?

Nope. Lucie has an Internet marriage.
(09-07-2015, 12:31 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Nope. Lucie has an Internet marriage.

We went over this. She got married at the Florida Renn Fest. A king's decree, and we all know that god actually puts kings in power. 

(09-07-2015, 01:00 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We went over this. She got married at the Florida Renn Fest. A king's decree, and we all know that god actually puts kings in power. 

ThumbsUp
(09-07-2015, 12:31 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Nope. Lucie has an Internet marriage.

(09-07-2015, 01:00 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We went over this. She got married at the Florida Renn Fest. A king's decree, and we all know that god actually puts kings in power. 

I know the guy pisses you off, but is it really fair game to talk about his marriage/wife ?
The other marriages we talk about (in the news), those people are not members here and they'll never see it.
Do what you will, but these are the types of things that can make an unstable person do something terrible.
Maybe George Zimmerman had guys making fun of his relationship on that fateful night.
Just sayin'....