Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff
(01-03-2021, 02:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Just because it's a surprise or not that the DL and OL coaches are being changed doesn't mean it's not credible news.

4 coaches (and counting?).
OL coach
DL coach
defensive assistant
WR coach

RB coach might be leaving for UK.

You may not consider that a major shake-up, but some (including myself) do.

Is it confirmed Bicknell is gone? And a coach leaving for another job doesn't really count.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 01:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Don't forget Auden Tate with only 150 yards in 9 games so far this season.
That's a major disappointment after 575 yards in 12 games last season.

Remember Tate wanting to be traded because he was getting playing time. So there as something there too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: To me the problems with his behavior had nothing to do with political correctness.  Instead it was the fact that he supported asshole behavior that caused divisiveness among the offensive linemen instead of creating the cohesion that and teamwork that makes O-lines work well.

Bully behavior deserves to be cancelled.

Precisely.

If we're honest about it, a large percentage of NFL coaches cuss and scream at their players.  I've been to kids football games and seen coaches completely losing their shit, and nobody bats an eye.  Exactly how big of an assbag did Turner have to be to be the only one to actually get in trouble for being an abrasive coach?  We saw Zimmer dog cuss players on camera and people thought it was great.  

There's way more to Turner's stupidity than being nasty or not PC.  You have to be a real loser to be the only high-profile coach to get shamed in the media for bullying 300 pound linemen.  
Reply/Quote
There's no doubt in my mind that a Front Office and Ownership will not retain the coaching staff including Zac Taylor after this game. It should happen as soon as the game clock reads 00:00! This last game is pathetic.
Reply/Quote
Today's beating also shows Zac should be canned.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 02:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Is it confirmed Bicknell is gone? And a coach leaving for another job doesn't really count.

Yes, it was announced this morning.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2021/1/3/22211571/cincinnati-bengals-coaching-news-bob-bicknell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 05:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes, it was announced this morning.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2021/1/3/22211571/cincinnati-bengals-coaching-news-bob-bicknell

How is Bicknell out and not Lou... I just don't get it

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 05:44 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: How is Bicknell out and not Lou... I just don't get it

Lou (and Taylor) could still be coming. Especially after this debacle against the Ravens.

Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Rumors are still swirlin.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/03/will-bengals-bring-back-zac-taylor/

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Need to re-boot this entire coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: Rumors are still swirlin.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/03/will-bengals-bring-back-zac-taylor/

Please, please, please, please, and please end the Zac Taylor tenure.
Reply/Quote

If Taylor goes that is fine with me but not for Brady. This team needs an experienced guy.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:10 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If Taylor goes that is fine with me but not for Brady. This team needs an experienced guy.

Would I like other names over Brady?  Absolutely.  Would I take him over Taylor?  Zero doubt yes.
Reply/Quote

Seems pretty unlikely, but they'd be well justified in doing so.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 02:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Is it confirmed Bicknell is gone? And a coach leaving for another job doesn't really count.

Nice set of movable goalposts you got there, lol.
Reply/Quote
Seems like a half measure to fire a couple position coaches. I think a new coach is the right move.

I give Zac credit for winning back to back games, but they were against two pretty bad teams. The Steelers are not looking very good heading into the playoffs. No balance on offense. Their defense has been gutted with injuries.

We need a unified direction going forward. A new coach will bring that. Our roster is making progress in the right direction, but it'll take time.
Reply/Quote
Hell, yeah! Finally the missing piece of the puzzle; several of Zac Taylor’s 2nd and 3rd choices for assistant coaches! That’s the type of dynamic leadership I’ve grown to expect from the Brown family.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:13 PM)samhain Wrote: Would I like other names over Brady?  Absolutely.  Would I take him over Taylor?  Zero doubt yes.

I guess but we just spent 2 years with a guy in over his head with no experience and it has been miserable. I don't want to end up like the Browns trying out new coach after new coach every year or two.

Get a guy that has been in the league for awhile and has success as an O-coordinator. 

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:19 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I guess but we just spent 2 years with a guy in over his head with no experience and it has been miserable. I don't want to end up like the Browns trying out new coach after new coach every year or two.

Get a guy that has been in the league for awhile and has success as an O-coordinator. 

Agreed brother. I'm fine with an experienced OC or DC...as long as they've actually had some success in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
PBS will be empty next year if they bring back Zac.

This last game will be all everyone remembers.
Reply/Quote