Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff
(01-03-2021, 02:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Is it confirmed Bicknell is gone? And a coach leaving for another job doesn't really count.

You are trying so, so hard to not be wrong. You were wrong, just give it up. Yes, Bicknell is confirmed to be gone. More coaches are getting the axe after today's game. The coaching staff is going to look significantly different next season. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:19 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I guess but we just spent 2 years with a guy in over his head with no experience and it has been miserable. I don't want to end up like the Browns trying out new coach after new coach every year or two.

Get a guy that has been in the league for awhile and has success as an O-coordinator. 

At least Brady has had success with Burrow. It would be another gamble, but it would be an exciting one.

If he could bring in an experienced DC like Wade Phillips I’d be down for a 1st time HC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:19 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I guess but we just spent 2 years with a guy in over his head with no experience and it has been miserable. I don't want to end up like the Browns trying out new coach after new coach every year or two.

Get a guy that has been in the league for awhile and has success as an O-coordinator. 

Brady had more league experience that Zac, but at this point it's moot.  

If they were to bring Brady in, they would absolutely need to set him up with an ex HC for DC.  Idk if they failed Zac or Zac didn't think he needed the help, but I think having someone to help show him the ropes would have made things a bit less awful for him and the team.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 05:26 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: There's no doubt in my mind that a Front Office and Ownership will not retain the coaching staff including Zac Taylor after this game. It should happen as soon as the game clock reads 00:00! This last game is pathetic.
My dude, from your keyboard to the football god's ears...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: At least Brady has had success with Burrow. It would be another gamble, but it would be an exciting one.

If he could bring in an experienced DC like Wade Phillips I’d be down for a 1st time HC.

The reality is, I'm going to cheer for the team no matter the coach... even if they keep Taylor. 

I just feel like we need to not take a gamble after how bad this team has looked. There are several guys who have put in time and deserve a chance at the head gig.

I do agree with getting Phillips no matter who is coaching here 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
If I were MB and Katie, I would be on a conference call right now with Marvin Lewis. I would keep ZT, but bring in ML as the new DC and assistant head coach.

I will tell ZT tomorrow, this us the deal, ML has the same power you do and if you don't like it, take a hike now.

Then, if things go sideways first month of 2021 season, fire ZT and promote ML to head coach.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: PBS will be empty next year if they bring back Zac.

This last game will be all everyone remembers.

It should be. Because it was way more indicative of his coaching tenure compared to 2 wins against below average teams. Pittsburgh lost 4 of their last 5 and easily could have been 5 of their last 5. Houston obviously we know sucks. 
Reply/Quote
Would anyone be absolutely shocked if Taylor if is still here come Tuesday morning?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If I were MB and Katie, I would be on a conference call right now with Marvin Lewis. I would keep ZT, but bring in ML as the new DC and assistant head coach.

I will tell ZT tomorrow, this us the deal, ML has the same power you do and if you don't like it, take a hike now.

Then, if things go sideways first month of 2021 season, fire ZT and promote ML to head coach.

Marvin would giggle and hang up.

Anyway, there’s tons of coaches out there. No need to go back to that well.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: At least Brady has had success with Burrow. It would be another gamble, but it would be an exciting one.

I'd actually be OK with Brady as HC
IF
They get Wadw Phillips as DC.
They get Hue Jackson as OC....

The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:31 PM)Destro Wrote: Would anyone be absolutely shocked if Taylor if is still here come Tuesday morning?

Nope.

Frustrated, but not shocked.

It is the Bengal way.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:33 PM)JSR18 Wrote: I'd actually be OK with Brady as HC
IF
They get Wadw Phillips as DC.
They get Hue Jackson as OC....

Brady would call his own plays.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If I were MB and Katie, I would be on a conference call right now with Marvin Lewis. I would keep ZT, but bring in ML as the new DC and assistant head coach.

FYI: Marvin just interviewed for the HC position in Detroit.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 05:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes, it was announced this morning.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2021/1/3/22211571/cincinnati-bengals-coaching-news-bob-bicknell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you even read your link? The article once again says "according to Elise Jesse".... 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:16 PM)samhain Wrote: Nice set of movable goalposts you got there, lol.

Nothing moving about them. A coach leaving for another position is not the Bengals canning them. Not even close to the same thing.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:45 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Did you even read your link? The article once again says "according to Elise Jesse".... 

I did read the link. I don’t know what you have against Elise, but she’s been right.
Quit being a toolbag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Steelers, Ravens, and Browns all make the playoffs. We have Zac.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:31 PM)Destro Wrote: Would anyone be absolutely shocked if Taylor if is still here come Tuesday morning?

I would be more surprised if he wasn't.  
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:26 PM)samhain Wrote: I would be more surprised if he wasn't.  

There was a report this morning that he is safe.

There have been other reports that he is not safe.

I saw a report the Bengals FO wants to go after Panthers' OC Joe Brady, Burrow's OC from LSU.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Nothing moving about them. A coach leaving for another position is not the Bengals canning them. Not even close to the same thing.

Keep on pushing the narrative.  It's fun to watch.  If Elise Jesse said that Cincinnati is a city in Ohio, you'd call it speculation.  Did she beat you up in grade school or something?
Reply/Quote