Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff
(01-03-2021, 11:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bridgewater isn’t bad per se, but he’s also nothing special.

Brady is worth a shot to me because we’ve seen what he can do with a QB like Burrow.

Bridgewater is bad. His offense is loaded, and he still is checking down like 2010 Alex Smith who only had Vernon Davis
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: 5daa6e3a3b459107b2bc1c80-large.jpg?cache...60afed1d40]

Did you really google image search "large penis-shaped diamond"?

I can't imagine what you had to browse through to find that image. Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bridgewater isn’t bad per se, but he’s also nothing special.

Brady is worth a shot to me because we’ve seen what he can do with a QB like Burrow.

At the college level though.

Again, not saying Brady isn't good, he might be but after the gamble we took on Zac and how badly we got burned by it I just want the team to get a can't miss guy. Brady isn't a sure thing, there is other guys out there who have shown what they can do at the NFL level.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:39 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Honestly, I would be over the moon if Cincinnati signed Arthur Smith (OC for the Titans). I really like what he has done in Tennessee. 

Mixon would be earning his contract in that style of offense which would be a great move I think. Take the pressure off Burrow as he comes off injury.

Imagine Smith and Wade Phillips. A team that plays good defense and creates turnovers, mixed with a tough nasty running game. Burrow would be able to grow and come back from his injury without being asked to throw 55 times a game.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:39 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Honestly, I would be over the moon if Cincinnati signed Arthur Smith (OC for the Titans). I really like what he has done in Tennessee. 

I like this idea, a lot. Much better than hiring Brady. But if Brady means Taylor is gone, so be it.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:46 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: At the college level though.

Again, not saying Brady isn't good, he might be but after the gamble we took on Zac and how badly we got burned by it I just want the team to get a can't miss guy. Brady isn't a sure thing, there is other guys out there who have shown what they can do at the NFL level.

Difference is Brady helped LSU to a historic championship season in college. Taylor otoh sucked ass in the AAC...

I just don’t see who this experienced and proven coach is that’s going to come here? We’ll likely have to go with another first time HC. Just is what it is.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:42 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Bridgewater is bad. His offense is loaded, and he still is checking down like 2010 Alex Smith who only had Vernon Davis

Bad?

Played in 14 games had a 69.7 comp %, 3557 yards, 15 TDs, 9 INTs, rating of 94.5

How is that bad?

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:46 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: At the college level though.

I'd rather get him as an OC, if they could bring a name in as HC but i don't think they're going to be able to bring in a name HC. Plus it would be a lateral move so Car would have to approve or they would have to name him assistant/associate HC (maybe?).

My second option would be him as HC but with experienced coordinators, while letting them call the O and D while he oversees the entire team.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:54 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Bad?

Played in 14 games had a 69.7 comp %, 3557 yards, 15 TDs, 9 INTs, rating of 94.5

How is that bad?

3557 yards with 15 td's to 9 ints in today's league isnt very good.

Especially when you have the best WR trio in the league 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:54 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Bad?

How is that bad?

I don’t think he’s “bad” he’s just the definition of mediocre. He’s never going to wow you or put up big numbers.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think he’s “bad” he’s just the definition of mediocre. He’s never going to wow you or put up big numbers.

I think Bridgewater is fine in the right situation. He shows his value when he plays for defensive teams that have limited offensive weapons. Sort of like Alex Smith

but Bridgewater is surrounded by extremely talented weapons in carolina, and can only muster 3557 yards and 15 touchdowns. This isnt where Teddy B thrives, and shows his shortcomings
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:58 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: 3557 yards with 15 td's to 9 ints in today's league isnt very good.

Especially when you have the best WR trio in the league 

Bridgewater has the best WR trio in the league? DJ Moore,  Robby Anderson, and Curtis Samuel?

Or did you mean Andy Dalton with Cooper,  Gallup and Lamb?

Hmm.

Edit:
I'm not sure they're the best trio in the league, but ok I guess.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Difference is Brady helped LSU to a historic championship season in college. Taylor otoh sucked ass in the AAC...

I just don’t see who this experienced and proven coach is that’s going to come here? We’ll likely have to go with another first time HC. Just is what it is.

Goose said this in this thread or another, Arthur Smith from the Titans would be a good get, he's been in the league since 2011 and steadily climbed up the ranks and has had good production from all of his units. Plus, a run first attack would be really nice to keep Burrow from getting killed as he comes back from injury.

Pete Carmichael has been great as the O-coord for New Orleans since 2009, think he deserves a look.

Brian Daboll has had a lot of success as well, past two years as the Buffalo O-coordinator and has spent years prior to that in New England and Kansas City.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:05 AM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Bridgewater has the best WR trio in the league? DJ Moore,  Robby Anderson, and Curtis Samuel?

Or did you mean Andy Dalton with Cooper,  Gallup and Lamb?

Hmm.

I forgot about those guys, but it's still very close. Moore, Anderson, and Samuel are all studs. AND Teddy B has a decent offensive line, unlike dallas, which just has a terrible line.

Since you bring up Dalton, in 2016 the bengals line and weapons werent nearly as talented as a whole as the panthers currently are, but Dalton still managed to throw more touchdowns than 2020 teddy, less ints, and 700 or so more yards.

and people say Dalton was bad, but then say Teddy's ok when he puts up lesser numbers with better talent? Not buying it
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think he’s “bad” he’s just the definition of mediocre. He’s never going to wow you or put up big numbers.

Mediocre this year but with the right coach he has shown he can be really good.

Look at what he did in Sean Payton's offense in New Orleans.

This sort of proves my point against Brady.

Bridgewater in 5 games with New Orleans had 1384 yards, 9 TDs and only 2 INTs, with a 99.1 rating. 

With Brady, he declines.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:10 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Mediocre this year but with the right coach he has shown he can be really good.

Look at what he did in Sean Payton's offense in New Orleans.

This sort of proves my point against Brady.

Bridgewater in 5 games with New Orleans had 1384 yards, 9 TDs and only 2 INTs, with a 99.1 rating. 

With Brady, he declines.

dude, look at what Taysom Hill did in Payton's offense. Guy was really good. And yes, he used his legs a lot of the time

This notion that Bridgewater is good is head scratching.

He's fine when he can lean on a run game and play game manager

but if you give him the 2015 bengals offense, he wouldnt even break 20 touchdowns or 4000 yards
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'd rather get him as an OC, if they could bring a name in as HC but i don't think they're going to be able to bring in a name HC. Plus it would be a lateral move so Car would have to approve or they would have to name him assistant/associate HC (maybe?).

My second option would be him as HC but with experienced coordinators, while letting them call the O and D while he oversees the entire team.

Can they block him moving if they offer him a title like assistant head coach? I can't remember all the rules on coaches moving.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:05 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Goose said this in this thread or another, Arthur Smith from the Titans would be a good get, he's been in the league since 2011 and steadily climbed up the ranks and has had good production from all of his units. Plus, a run first attack would be really nice to keep Burrow from getting killed as he comes back from injury.

Pete Carmichael has been great as the O-coord for New Orleans since 2009, think he deserves a look.

Brian Daboll has had a lot of success as well, past two years as the Buffalo O-coordinator and has spent years prior to that in New England and Kansas City.

Carmichael would make Synric happy. I know he’s been mentioning him for a couple years now.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:13 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: dude, look at what Taysom Hill did in Payton's offense. Guy was really good. And yes, he used his legs a lot of the time

This notion that Bridgewater is good is head scratching.

He's fine when he can lean on a run game and play game manager

but if you give him the 2015 bengals offense, he wouldnt even break 20 touchdowns or 4000 yards

Goff is in the playoffs.

That is all that needs to be said.

This isn't a debate of the talent of Bridgewater, be it mediocre or decent or whatever, he declined after leaving New Orleans.

Again, good coaches overcome obstacles. McVay, Peyton as you said won with Hill.

Brady couldn't get the guy to play to his potential like Peyton did, I want the next coach here to be able to overcome injuries and shit the way the best coaches in the league do.

I'm tired of excuses.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:13 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Can they block him moving if they offer him a title like assistant head coach? I can't remember all the rules on coaches moving.

That's what my "?" was for. I'm not sure, but i believe so. 

EDIT: *Part of the reason this rule was initially in place was to prevent teams seeking interviews from inventing phony, nominal titles — think “assistant head coach” or “associate head coach” — as a way of stealing quality coaches and not actually allowing them for true career advancement. The league has found a way to circumvent that by restricting it to the three coordinator spots.*

Still not 100% sure if this applies to coordinator to coordinator, or just assistant to coordinator.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-teams-can-no-longer-block-assistant-coaches-from-interviewing-for-coordinator-positions-191317600.html

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote