Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI.com's Peter King writes letter of caution to NFL players
(01-16-2016, 03:23 PM)jason Wrote: He is what he is. It's not my job to defend him. I love the way he plays, and you would too if he was a Steeler.

No one knows how he would play as a Steeler because he would be on their practice squad. A back up at best.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 03:31 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I agree and have been saying this for years.  I stated this all the time on the old boards and was dismissed as a Steelers homer who only complained because his team was the one getting flagged for such hits.  I mentioned that James Harrison had his orbital bone broken when a pulling lineman speared him in the face with the crown of his helmet, no flag and no fine.  The response to that was Harrison got what he deserved.  Sadly, and I'm not necessarily accusing this of this, this only seems to be an issue to Bengals fans now because it affected them.  I don't need something to directly affect me to see how it might in the future or how it's inherently wrong.  Sadly this is not a quality that many possess.

I remember that.  It was against the Texans opening day or so.  I think that was before they really started cracking down on hits to the head (although like you said linemen seem to be exempt from that protection), but they were already starting the whole "defenseless player" thing.  It drives me crazy because refs are told to throw the flag even when they are in doubt.  If it looks bad, they will flag it. They nailed Reggie Nelson so many times for it that he started going low.  That's what happened to Bell last year, and I can see why that drove Tomlin crazy.  Anybody who has played hates being hit in the knee.  The officiating and rules have gotten to be very frustrating over the last couple of years.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 04:15 PM)Vlad Wrote: No one knows how he would play as a Steeler because he would be on their practice squad. A back up at best.

Kinda like how youre on Poe's practice squad....a backup at best?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 09:23 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Yeah, but Marv and CIN have a reputation of dumpster-diving for thugs.

Coming from the guy who cheers for a team that has a player who actually served time in prison, the phrase don't throw stones should be very important to you. Funny, I don't see any guys on the Bengals' roster that have served years in Federal Prison.

Nice try though kid. Keep at it, someday you'll get it.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 04:15 PM)Vlad Wrote: No one knows how he would play as a Steeler because he would be on their practice squad. A back up at best.

Smack is one thing, being a complete fool who has no concept of the world of football is another. Seriously, whatever rock you crawled out from under, get back under and let everyone step on it. Be the best decision you've ever made, unless you plan to guzzle a jug of bleach.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 05:43 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Smack is one thing, being a complete fool who has no concept of the world of football is another. Seriously, whatever rock you crawled out from under, get back under and let everyone step on it. Be the best decision you've ever made, unless you plan to guzzle a jug of bleach.

Hilarious

You didn't see beaker get all upset did you? All he did was make some comment about Poe.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 05:43 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Smack is one thing, being a complete fool who has no concept of the world of football is another. Seriously, whatever rock you crawled out from under, get back under and let everyone step on it. Be the best decision you've ever made, unless you plan to guzzle a jug of bleach.

In your PM to me you said I was the worst person you had ever "met".  Has Vlad supplanted me or do i still hold the title?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 04:42 PM)jason Wrote: I remember that.  It was against the Texans opening day or so.  I think that was before they really started cracking down on hits to the head (although like you said linemen seem to be exempt from that protection), but they were already starting the whole "defenseless player" thing.  It drives me crazy because refs are told to throw the flag even when they are in doubt.  If it looks bad, they will flag it. They nailed Reggie Nelson so many times for it that he started going low.  That's what happened to Bell last year, and I can see why that drove Tomlin crazy.  Anybody who has played hates being hit in the knee.  The officiating and rules have gotten to be very frustrating over the last couple of years.

Good memory, it was against the Texans.  We are in agreement, the protection really only extends to skill players.  I think that's a due to a combination of fantasy football (which brings in lots of casual fans) and a desire for high scoring games in general, as the less hardcore fan prefers them.  Goodell is wildly inconsistent and really rules by whim and fiat.  Again, I've been warning about this for several years but was constantly told I was a whiny Steelers fan over it.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 10:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Good memory, it was against the Texans.  We are in agreement, the protection really only extends to skill players.  I think that's a due to a combination of fantasy football (which brings in lots of casual fans) and a desire for high scoring games in general, as the less hardcore fan prefers them.  Goodell is wildly inconsistent and really rules by whim and fiat.  Again, I've been warning about this for several years but was constantly told I was a whiny Steelers fan over it.

I think the lack of protections for linemen also comes from the perception of those hits being not as brutal. Since so many of them occur at lower speeds than hits in the open field, the perception is accepted as less dangerous.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 06:02 PM)Vlad Wrote: Hilarious

You didn't see beaker get all upset did you? All he did was make some comment about Poe.

Which is actually an insult to Poe, you make him look like an brilliant NFL analyst. What really sucks is to think that you are actually alive. A human being can actually be as dumb and foolish as you and survive. So much for proof of evolution or proof of God, your life negates both.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 05:12 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Which is actually an insult to Poe, you make him look like an brilliant NFL analyst. What really sucks is to think that you are actually alive. A human being can actually be as dumb and foolish as you and survive. So much for proof of evolution or proof of God, your life negates both.

Hey, why the personal attacks?  In your sanctimonious PM to me you complained about that very thing.  I guess we can list hypocrisy as another of your many flaws.  For shame!   Mad
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 05:12 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Which is actually an insult to Poe, you make him look like an brilliant NFL analyst. What really sucks is to think that you are actually alive. A human being can actually be as dumb and foolish as you and survive. So much for proof of evolution or proof of God, your life negates both.

Wow, your button still hasn't reset after that comment about Burtdefect . LOL

And AJ green reminds me of a black Weegie Thompson...tall, lanky and slow.
Analyze that.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 05:57 PM)Vlad Wrote:  
And AJ green reminds me of a black Weegie Thompson...tall, lanky and slow.
Analyze that.

You need to be careful with those references. I already know who you are, but others might start to catch on.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 06:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You need to be careful with those references. I already know who you are, but others might start to catch on.

I have nothing to hide. What references?
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 06:01 PM)Vlad Wrote: I have nothing to hide.  What references?

Weegie Thompson. That name was used on the mothership before it was changed to a different Steelers player.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 06:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Weegie Thompson. That name was used on the mothership before it was changed to a different Steelers player.

You got me. Yeah, I was Weegie Thompson on a mothership.
Reply/Quote