Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SITE DONATIONS
(02-13-2018, 11:00 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Can not open site for donations.

Is there another way ?

Here's the link for the actual donating page https://www.gofundme.com/the-bengals-board-site-donations/donate.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 09:53 AM)treee Wrote: Yea, the best time for a fund raising event would probably be around the last preseason game imo. Fans are psyched about the upcoming season, so there's an uptick in traffic I'm sure.

There's also a lot of activity though in March/April due to FA and draft.
I really think some people get the most psyched around this time.
And then start coming back down once they see how training camp is going lol
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 02:34 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm getting around to it, when I have it to spare. I wouldn't assume people don't care. There are a lot of folks who live check to check or close to it. I have zero doubt we'll get to $700 and likely surpass it, no guilt trips necessary.

Absolutely right about a lot of folks living paycheck to paycheck. That's why I figured I'd wait until tax season started to begin this. I figured it might make it easier on people. 

I also want to say that while I appreciate every single dollar that's been donated, I don't want anyone to feel pressured or obligated to do so. If you have it to spare, then that's awesome and it'll be a great help, but if you can't spare it, or even if you're just not comfortable donating, that's fine as well.

Even if we don't hit the $700, it's fine. I'll cover the difference even if we get rid of the ads. 
Reply/Quote
I think if you announced this during the busy season we would have far surpassed it already.

I don't have any doubt we will anyway, though.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 11:51 AM)Bengalholic Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 02:34 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm getting around to it, when I have it to spare. I wouldn't assume people don't care. There are a lot of folks who live check to check or close to it. I have zero doubt we'll get to $700 and likely surpass it, no guilt trips necessary.

Absolutely right about a lot of folks living paycheck to paycheck. That's why I figured I'd wait until tax season started to begin this. I figured it might make it easier on people. 

I also want to say that while I appreciate every single dollar that's been donated, I don't want anyone to feel pressured or obligated to do so. If you have it to spare, then that's awesome and it'll be a great help, but if you can't spare it, or even if you're just not comfortable donating, that's fine as well.

Even if we don't hit the $700, it's fine. I'll cover the difference even if we get rid of the ads. 

Nah, we'll get you there.  Even if I have to donate again.

You've done so much to bring joy to others.  You don't need to be left holding the bag.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 08:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nah, we'll get you there.  Even if I have to donate again.

You've done so much to bring joy to others.  You don't need to be left holding the bag.

I agree  ThumbsUp
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
As soon as I have it (should be no later than next Thursday), I will definitely be contributing. I belong or have belonged to a lot of message boards. I rarely, if ever, go to them any more. This one is different though. I don't post a ton to begin with, but I check this site almost daily. I may not always log in or post, but I always stop by. I love this site. I will gladly kick in a few bucks to take the burden off of you. I appreciate this place and if it takes a few bucks a year to keep it going and prevent you from eating the bill, I'm down.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 08:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree  ThumbsUp

Me too.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 11:51 AM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Good point. We'll get there I'm sure.

(02-13-2018, 08:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nah, we'll get you there.  Even if I have to donate again.

Agreed. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Even when we do hit the $700 mark, no doubt we will, whats the urgency to remove the ads? Keeping adwords on a site is shown to bleed into and positively impact seo. Personally, I could care less about them. I say monetize the impressions and get the mods drunk in whatever weird webcam space you use to talk face to face about how awesome I am.

If nothing else, you shouldn't pay for a GD thing holic. A quick call to some of these sicko's wives will clear your costs immediately if it means they can avoid unneeded interaction for another year.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 10:09 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Even when we do hit the $700 mark, no doubt we will, whats the urgency to remove the ads?  Keeping adwords on a site is shown to bleed into and positively impact seo.  Personally, I could care less about them.  I say monetize the impressions and get the mods drunk in whatever weird webcam space you use to talk face to face about how awesome I am.  

If nothing else, you shouldn't pay for a GD thing holic.  A quick call to some of these sicko's wives will clear your costs immediately if it means they can avoid unneeded interaction for another year.

I feel the same. Ads don't bother me a bit, especially if it's just ads along the sides or top of the MB. Heck, even the mothership had that big ol' Miller Lite ad sprawled across the top. Remember? Whatever keeps Holic from having to spend his own coin for everyone else. 

I'm glad you brought this up. I almost did, but wasn't sure if others would feel the same. Maybe we should finish paying up this $700 and later on, we take a vote on ads vs fundraisers? I'm ok either way, but I have a feeling most wouldn't care about a few ads.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 10:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I feel the same. Ads don't bother me a bit, especially if it's just ads along the sides or top of the MB. Heck, even the mothership had that big ol' Miller Lite ad sprawled across the top. Remember? Whatever keeps Holic from having to spend his own coin for everyone else. 

I'm glad you brought this up. I almost did, but wasn't sure if others would feel the same. Maybe we should finish paying up this $700 and later on, we take a vote on ads vs fundraisers? I'm ok either way, but I have a feeling most wouldn't care about a few ads.

There is no reason to remove the ads imo.  If the GFM doesn't do it, just raffle off a custom pinstripped fleshlight and buy holic a new house.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 10:09 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Even when we do hit the $700 mark, no doubt we will, whats the urgency to remove the ads?  Keeping adwords on a site is shown to bleed into and positively impact seo.  Personally, I could care less about them.  I say monetize the impressions and get the mods drunk in whatever weird webcam space you use to talk face to face about how awesome I am.  

If nothing else, you shouldn't pay for a GD thing holic.  A quick call to some of these sicko's wives will clear your costs immediately if it means they can avoid unneeded interaction for another year.

I appreciate what you're saying brother, but I don't think I would be comfortable doing donations and ads because that would end up being over what is actually needed.
Reply/Quote
Donated, but used my civi name of john jones. at least I have my profile pic on there lol
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 11:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I appreciate what you're saying brother, but I don't think I would be comfortable doing donations and ads because that would end up being over what is actually needed.

Still unable to open link to donate. Seems to happen on the board regularly. Guessing something needs updated. 

Have no problem donating to keep site afloat and believe you should keep the ad money for your time, effort, and vision.

Unless it is just too much of a hassle. If you hate making profit buy your mods something for Christmas with it, have a party, or donate it to the Bengals FA fund and maybe the tight wad MB will get one then. lol

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Donated using my real name "Anonymous"

Anyway here's to you Bengalholic!   No way you should have underwritten this on your own, but many thanks.   Love checking in on a daily basis to rant and soap box about my favorite team - which certifies me as SMD (severely mentally disabled).

Looks like meat will be back on the menu boys!
Reply/Quote
Dropped $20 in there for you. :)
Getting closer. Up to $545 donated now.
Need another $155 people. Go Go Go
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 11:57 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Donated, but used my civi name of john jones. at least I have my profile pic on there lol

(02-14-2018, 02:17 PM)3wt Wrote: Donated using my real name "Anonymous"

Anyway here's to you Bengalholic!   No way you should have underwritten this on your own, but many thanks.   Love checking in on a daily basis to rant and soap box about my favorite team - which certifies me as SMD (severely mentally disabled).

Looks like meat will be back on the menu boys!

(02-14-2018, 02:47 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Dropped $20 in there for you. :)  
Getting closer. Up to $545 donated now.
Need another $155 people. Go Go Go

Thanks guys. Very much appreciated!
Reply/Quote
All it took was one ad for a Steelers bikini and I was in.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 11:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I appreciate what you're saying brother, but I don't think I would be comfortable doing donations and ads because that would end up being over what is actually needed.

You never know man.  A big influx of traffic and this little side project of yours could get expensive.  

Outside of mike getting retargeted for a size 55 B steelers bra, I haven't heard anyone complaining. 

You wouldn't be seen as some industrial age robber baron, we just appreciate the work you guys put into all of this.  No need to hit some exact budget or anything.  Just keep the donations and ad rev.  If we need to donate again in a year or so, so be it.

Just my 2 cents.  TAKE IT!  NO!  HERE ITS YOURS!  
Reply/Quote