Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
STORM THE FIELD in protest.
(11-10-2019, 11:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Trust me, that ***** could easily live 10 more years and be in his office every single day. He's not the retiring type. 

I'm looking at his stomach on google. 10 years is a major overestimate. 
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 11:35 PM)Tomkat Wrote: But.  Has a fanbase EVER stormed a field DURING a game and disrupted it, with a clear target of ownership as the target?  That would be SERIOUS egg on the face of Mike Brown.  He chuckles because we sit in the stands and at worst, boo.  The fans need to ESCALATE the level of criticism!

Well, I'm 49 years old, with bum knees, bad eating habits and I'm usually drinking heavily on Sundays. Can I use a scooter or have a board member carry me piggyback? I'll 'storm' as fast as the scooter or board member can move! Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 11:38 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: I'm looking at his stomach on google. 10 years is a major overestimate. 

You severely underestimate Mike Brown's commitment to being a thorn in every single Bengals fan's side and to ***** this team up with his unbridled ineptness. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 11:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You severely underestimate Mike Brown's commitment to being a thorn in every single Bengals fan's side and to ***** this team up with his unbridled ineptness. 

I have never hated a man more in my entire existence.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 11:11 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: What city would a actually welcome this ownership?

London.  San Antonio.  St. Louis.  Oakland.  San Diego.

Pretty much any city that doesn't have an NFL team would welcome one with open arms.  I mean, crappy teams are typically the ones that move.
Reply/Quote
I'm not for breaking the law or violence. I'm also not for anyone incurring a 30,000 dollar fine and and evening in the slammer for an act of futile protest. There are probably so few people that still give enough of a shit about this team that the police/security probably could actually manage to arrest/maim a good chunk of the people involved in such an act. Bad, bad idea.

I would love to see people come up with a real way to hurt the Brown family where it really would cause them distress, ie the wallet. Maybe if a campaign to keep attendance below 10,000 spread quickly and people committed to it, it would get the attention of the powers that be at the league office. 5000 would be great. That's lost money for someone. It has to be.

Would the league move the team if the Browns were forced to sell? Likely, I'd say. Like the song says, I've gone past the point of caring when it pertains to them staying or going. They aren't a real NFL organization anymore. They're a mockery. The only benefit they provide is to fans of other teams living in Cincinnati that get to see their teams beat the shit out of the Bengals when they come to town.

It's all a very unfortunate situation, but the bottom line is that the family is a stinking collection of lizard shit. I'd love nothing more than to see the league liberate them of their 274,000 per year profit sharing check and access to family jobs. Rip the old man's name from the front of the building and celebrate while it implodes with the rest of the mess. Make Mike Brown cry while he watches it happen for the second time in his life. It would be cathartic.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 12:13 AM)Whatever Wrote: London.  San Antonio.  St. Louis.  Oakland.  San Diego.

Pretty much any city that doesn't have an NFL team would welcome one with open arms.  I mean, crappy teams are typically the ones that move.

Then they can have them if they are THAT stupid.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 11:48 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Well, I'm 49 years old, with bum knees, bad eating habits and I'm usually drinking heavily on Sundays. Can I use a scooter or have a board member carry me piggyback? I'll 'storm' as fast as the scooter or board member can move! Mellow

60,000 people vs 20 security guards.......I’m guessing the fans would win.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 12:13 AM)samhain Wrote: I'm not for breaking the law or violence.  I'm also not for anyone incurring a 30,000 dollar fine and and evening in the slammer for an act of futile protest.  There are probably so few people that still give enough of a shit about this team that the police/security probably could actually manage to arrest/maim a good chunk of the people involved in such an act.  Bad, bad idea.

I would love to see people come up with a real way to hurt the Brown family where it really would cause them distress, ie the wallet.  Maybe if a campaign to keep attendance below 10,000 spread quickly and people committed to it, it would get the attention of the powers that be at the league office.  5000 would be great.  That's lost money for someone.  It has to be.  

Would the league move the team if the Browns were forced to sell?  Likely, I'd say.  Like the song says, I've gone past the point of caring when it pertains to them staying or going.  They aren't a real NFL organization anymore.  They're a mockery.  The only benefit they provide is to fans of other teams living in Cincinnati that get to see their teams beat the shit out of the Bengals when they come to town.

It's all a very unfortunate situation, but the bottom line is that the family is a stinking collection of lizard shit.  I'd love nothing more than to see the league liberate them of their 274,000 per year profit sharing check and access to family jobs.  Rip the old man's name from the front of the building and celebrate while it implodes with the rest of the mess.  Make Mike Brown cry while he watches it happen for the second time in his life.  It would be cathartic.

The only people more delusional than Mike Brown are the fans that think the other owners are going to step in and do something.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 11:57 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: I have never hated a man more in my entire existence.

Yep. He's managed to take a team i've loved since i was 12, every step of the way until now, and make me hope they get throttled every week just so that it will reflect even more negatively on him, personally. To the point that his legacy will be so bogged down in shit, no one in his lineage before or after, will be able to get out from under the stench. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 12:21 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: 60,000 people vs 20 security guards.......I’m guessing the fans would win.

In all seriousness, the whole idea is silly. Fans would go to jail, rack up fines, be banned from the stadium, etc. Hell, let's be real, most fans - including myself - would be out of breath before we got 20 steps into 'storming' anything.  
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 12:23 AM)Whatever Wrote: The only people more delusional than Mike Brown are the fans that think the other owners are going to step in and do something.

I think most owners would love to see his non-profit generating ass removed from the role.  Those owners control the commissioner.  They are about profit.  Mike generates little on his own.

Do you think they enjoy seeing the league cut him checks for doing as little as possibly while they bust their tails to generate profit?  Do you think any of them wouldn't like to make more money?
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 07:13 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Look man, wishing death on someone, even someone you hate, is never cool.

Totally agree, but even if that happened, the Brown family still owns the franchise.

'Playing to win' with this franchise died with Paul Brown.
Reply/Quote
Can we start a fund for a big billboard ad in Cincinnati and other key areas that says don't attend the games until Mike Brown sells the team.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 12:33 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Can we start a fund for a big billboard ad in Cincinnati and other key areas that says don't attend the games until Mike Brown sells the team.

We could get giant billboards of Art Modell smiling outside the stadium and in Indian hill to rub salt in his wounds over daddy's firing.  It could say, "I Ran These Losers Out of Town, So Should You.".
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 12:23 AM)Whatever Wrote: The only people more delusional than Mike Brown are the fans that think the other owners are going to step in and do something.

I am not sure why ANY season ticket holder would renew for next year
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:33 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Think I said 6-10, and even that sounds like the rantings of a delusional homer at this point.  

[Image: 4319020.jpg]
I know right.  I was saying 6-10 or 5-11 and people were freaking out.  lol.   I should of said 2-14 but I still would of been way off.  I cant believe folk thought this team was going to be good.  haha     On to mock drafts!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 12:28 AM)samhain Wrote: I think most owners would love to see his non-profit generating ass removed from the role.  Those owners control the commissioner.  They are about profit.  Mike generates little on his own.

Do you think they enjoy seeing the league cut him checks for doing as little as possibly while they bust their tails to generate profit?  Do you think any of them wouldn't like to make more money?

Mike's profits have next to no impact on the profits of the other owners.  The fact he can't sell out his stadium is his problem, not theirs.  

Fact is, the NFL is a competitive business.  If Mike is a weak owner with an uncompetitive franchise, that just makes the job easier for the other 31 owners.  If the Bengals lose fans, that means other teams have the chance to scoop up those fans and gain those merchandise dollars.  It means more wins and less competition for playoff spots.  You think the commissioner's puppet master, Dan Rooney, really wants Mike forced out or forced to change?  Can you really look at all the officiating screwjobs when we actually had good teams and say the league wants the Bengals to be successful?  Plus, no owner wants to set the precedent that the league can force a sale based on the team being uncompetitive because that precedent could eventually be used against them.  

All boycotts and the acrimonious relationship with the the county do is make the Cincinnati market less appealing for the Bengals to stay in and less appealing for another owner to move a team or place an expansion team there.  That's just reality.  Mike isn't going to change and the league isn't going to step in.  If you think either will happen based on fan action, you're fooling yourself.  I don't blame anyone for not going to see an 0-9 team, but if you're not going because you have some fantasy land delusion where the NFL is going to force Mikey to sell to some new owner that's going to turn the club into the new Patriots, you're fooling yourself.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 12:36 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: I am not sure why ANY season ticket holder would renew for next year

I wouldn't.  I totally understand people not going to games because the team sucks.  I totally understand wanting to see things turned around before making that kind of financial commitment.  However, that's a decision based on not having fun watching them get monkey stomped every week and choosing to spend your entertainment dollars elsewhere.  Not going to games as some boycott because you think Mike will change or the NFL will step in is completely delusional, however.  
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 01:33 AM)Whatever Wrote: Mike's profits have next to no impact on the profits of the other owners.  The fact he can't sell out his stadium is his problem, not theirs.  

Fact is, the NFL is a competitive business.  If Mike is a weak owner with an uncompetitive franchise, that just makes the job easier for the other 31 owners.  If the Bengals lose fans, that means other teams have the chance to scoop up those fans and gain those merchandise dollars.  It means more wins and less competition for playoff spots.  You think the commissioner's puppet master, Dan Rooney, really wants Mike forced out or forced to change?  Can you really look at all the officiating screwjobs when we actually had good teams and say the league wants the Bengals to be successful?  Plus, no owner wants to set the precedent that the league can force a sale based on the team being uncompetitive because that precedent could eventually be used against them.  

All boycotts and the acrimonious relationship with the the county do is make the Cincinnati market less appealing for the Bengals to stay in and less appealing for another owner to move a team or place an expansion team there.  That's just reality.  Mike isn't going to change and the league isn't going to step in.  If you think either will happen based on fan action, you're fooling yourself.  I don't blame anyone for not going to see an 0-9 team, but if you're not going because you have some fantasy land delusion where the NFL is going to force Mikey to sell to some new owner that's going to turn the club into the new Patriots, you're fooling yourself.

Who really cares if it's acrimonious?  It's already about as acrimonious as it can get.  We already have the most empty seats in the NFL. That much is baked into the cake.  The league will likely not want an expansion team here anyway.  Although I'd contend that the Cincinnati market is probably larger than some may think (it's Cincy/Dayton/NKY).

At some point, it's no longer about keeping the Bengals here or getting another team.  If this is how they're going to be run, then they can piss off.  Few people enjoy this shit, and fewer will pay money to watch it as it wears on year after year.  

What benefit is there to have the Brown family in Cincinnati?  At what point is nothing better than the garbage product they offer?  How many more years?  Don't care about being the "new patriots" lol.  Don't even care about getting another franchise, although I'd welcome one if it came to be.  I want these ******** out of Cincinnati.   Let them crap on some other town's fan/tax base with their grifting nonsense.  
Reply/Quote