Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
STUPID Play Call On Opening INT Lost Us The Game.......
It is just my own opinion but every time watch a game the play calling reminds me of watching mid major college football. It reminds me of Toledo, Appalachian State and so on. This is not a pro offensive scheme with any imagination.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/JoeGoodberry/status/1457754054596206599

I never can figure this crap out
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 01:04 PM)Bengals-Man12345 Wrote: Another post trying to absolve Bengals Jesus (Burrow)
This shit is getting out of hand 

Tell us where the bad man touched you. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 05:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: I kind of avoided the board for a day because it's a shitshow after a loss, but the play call/route is fine and a staple of a lot of red zone plays. It's a whip route which is just a slant and return motion. The reality is it was getting picked no matter where Burrow threw it(he said it was a bit behind but it didn't matter when you watch it back) because he was locked in there. If you watch Ward during the play he stays in the hip pocket on the slant and isn't fooled so as soon as Chase goes to the return he drives on the ball. Even if that ball is way out in front it's still "late" by virtue of the defender driving so early which is a cardinal sin, you can never be late to the boundary or else it's six. You could argue maybe he could get it to the pylon but that's not the throw there it's just at his frame or in front, and so he should have came off it for the crosser to the back pylon behind it.

One of Burrows biggest struggles this year has been looking off defenders. It is a myth defenders watch your eyes, they honestly can't see them well from 20 yards away, but they do watch where the helmet is pointing. The best guys will keep their head down the center of the field but use their eyes and peripheral vision to find their guys, Burrow has not been good this year at doing so.

You might want to double check that. It was just pointed out by a recent color guy--don't remember which game--they showed a close up on replay and you could see his head aimed down the middle but his eyes were hard right. Last year i pointed that out against the Chargers and he's done it many times since. 

Maybe he hasn't been doing it as much lately...but i'd have a hard time believing that. 

EDIT: It might have been Romo, cause i think i remember him chuckling while he was pointing it out "look at that". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
When Burrow threw that deep crossing route to Chase,he didn’t lead him enough,and Chase had to slow down.Resulting in the defender getting a hand on the ball.Chase had him beat.Would have been a touchdown.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:57 PM)Tony Wrote: It was a bad throw ... It  needed to be outside more... I knew Burrow would get one of those outs like that pick 6d eventually. There is just some throws he can't make.. He will learn from it , hopefully....

Seems like we say that a lot.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 07:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You might want to double check that. It was just pointed out by a recent color guy--don't remember which game--they showed a close up on replay and you could see his head aimed down the middle but his eyes were hard right. Last year i pointed that out against the Chargers and he's done it many times since. 

Maybe he hasn't been doing it as much lately...but i'd have a hard time believing that. 

EDIT: It might have been Romo, cause i think i remember him chuckling while he was pointing it out "look at that". 

Nope, I’m positive he has struggled with it all year. Did it in Chicago, did it against GB and did it on this interception. He doesn’t do it every time, but he has had some really bad examples of locking and and literally staring them down early (following with his helmet).
Reply/Quote
Baker Mayfield owns us.

6-1

19 tds and like 6 ints

113 rating.

This play had no bearing on who the better team was
Reply/Quote
I was at the game, it was a bad decision by Burrow
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 01:33 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Jacksonville, NYJ

he balled out those games. Dont cherry pick and ignore the games where he went off

5 balls for 69 yards and a TD against the Jets isn't exactly what I call "balling out", but he did have a nice game against the Jags with 9 receptions for 118 yards.  

Notice those are two of the worst defenses in the league, but ok.  I thought Boyd was going to lead the team in receptions (not yards or TDs) and his production since that Jags game just hasn't been what I thought it would be.  It isn't an attack on Boyd.  It is not like he is being targeted a lot and he is dropping them.

It just seems "off".  
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Throwing an out inside the 10 was the stupidest play that could have been called.

It was a bad throw by Burrow, but only bad things can happen when you throw the ball to the sideline that close to the end zone.

The DBs don't have to respect getting beat deep so they just wait to pounce.

That's a 14 point swing and then set the tone for the rest of the game.

Stupid coaching cost us again.

It's also because we have no short run game whatsoever.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 09:33 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It's also because we have no short run game whatsoever.

Exactly.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Throwing an out inside the 10 was the stupidest play that could have been called.

It was a bad throw by Burrow, but only bad things can happen when you throw the ball to the sideline that close to the end zone.

The DBs don't have to respect getting beat deep so they just wait to pounce.

That's a 14 point swing and then set the tone for the rest of the game.

Stupid coaching cost us again.

considering the end score not sure how you draw this conclusion
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 08:11 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Seems like we say that a lot.

Well, I mean, dude has only played 19 games in the NFL (18 if you don't count the Washington game from last year). Dude is still a young QB. I would think that ANY, if not all, young QBs would make mistakes and their team's fans would hope they would learn from it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 12:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, I mean, dude has only played 19 games in the NFL (18 if you don't count the Washington game from last year). Dude is still a young QB. I would think that ANY, if not all, young QBs would make mistakes and their team's fans would hope they would learn from it.

1OA  = higher expectations....      Will Burrow get better.  Depends on how well he takes coaching and criticism to his game.  hes got the tools...   We need better Coaches for Him and a Vet clipboard holder.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 12:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: 1OA  = higher expectations....      Will Burrow get better.  Depends on how well he takes coaching and criticism to his game.  hes got the tools...   We need better Coaches for Him and a Vet clipboard holder.

Burrow's QB rating this year is 102.6 which is like 9th in the league (amongst guys who've thrown at least 100 passes). I mean, sure, he has things he definitely needs to work on, but dude is young and already playing well overall. 

For contrast, Trevor Lawrence has a QB rating of 73.6. Remind me where he was drafted? Oh and before anyone tosses out that Burrow has more game experience (which is true, not going to lie, that definitely plays apart), last year, Burrow's QB rating was 89.8 after 9 and a half games. INterestinly enough, both QBs have/had 2 wins after their first 9 games.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 12:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Burrow's QB rating this year is 102.6 which is like 9th in the league (amongst guys who've thrown at least 100 passes). I mean, sure, he has things he definitely needs to work on, but dude is young and already playing well overall. 

For contrast, Trevor Lawrence has a QB rating of 73.6. Remind me where he was drafted? Oh and before anyone tosses out that Burrow has more game experience (which is true, not going to lie, that definitely plays apart), last year, Burrow's QB rating was 89.8 after 9 and a half games. INterestinly enough, both QBs have/had 2 wins after their first 9 games.

I didnt say he wasnt playing well... I said He could be better with Better Coaches and a QB thats been there for advice.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 11:51 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: considering the end score not sure how you draw this conclusion

You think the rest of the game goes the same way if that pass isn't intercepted and taken back for six?

That's a 14 point swing and we'd have the momentum going in our favor at home.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 04:06 PM)BF ritz21 Wrote: You think the rest of the game goes the same way if that pass isn't intercepted and taken back for six?

Yep.

We lose 34-23

(11-09-2021, 04:06 PM)BF ritz21 Wrote: That's a 14 point swing and we'd have the momentum going in our favor at home.

We did not lose momentum.  We went 75 yards on 9 plays to tie the score on th very next drive.  At that point it was a new game at 7-7.

So how does that one play account for us getting outscored 34-9 after that?
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 04:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You think the rest of the game goes the same way if that pass isn't intercepted and taken back for six?

That's a 14 point swing and we'd have the momentum going in our favor at home.

Doesnt account for the rest of the point difference....   and that play didnt have much barring on the rest of the game after the next drive. (as fred states)
Reply/Quote