Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Sad conclusion & How to get a ring
Starting last year I really thought the league was fixed, with Mr epic comeback starts right now going out with a Ring. This year I couldn't pinpoint in till now, Brady with the suspension getting his 5the to solidify he is the G. O. A. T. I try to believe it's not fixed but it hasn't proved me wrong. The story lines won't stop and my team isn't a NFL favorite and we can't even win a playoff game.

Now yesterday I seen a video of every superbowls last snap. I watched it just to see who was every winner. The 49ers was like the pats of today. They were always shown in the Superbowl and won every time, they even beat Dan marino. Once there is a star studded the NFL loves and considers great, they usually get to go multiple times. Other star qbs include, Jim Kelly (4 straight Superbowl losses), Troy aikman, Washington's qb in the 80s with Gibbs as coach, Troy aikman, Steve young, Brett farve went twice, john elway went twice in a row. Mainly you have to have a stud qb and big name coach. There was a some one year wonders like brees and that loaded team, Chicago bears in the 80s, teams that got there and lost too like Carolina.

I think it's got a lot to do with NFL favorite stars. Who does the nfl love. Right now it's denver cause if elway, Pitt, new England, green bay, Seattle, Atlanta now too. Carolina in there too with cam.

I think we need to draft guys that will be nfl favorites, I don't see a qb except Watson and I know we won't draft him. I'd keep mccaron around because injuries happen and the sub can take over. Idk who else is in the draft at qb besides jom Kelly's son Chad Kelly. He might be worth taking. If we get rid of mccaron.

Likeable guys list

I'd go Mike Williams, dalvin cook, Leonard fornette tj Watt Reuben Foster, would be someone they'd drool over. The biggest one I'd like to grab for this favorite reason plus skill. Christian mccafrey I think they will love him. Any other players that you can see that would be nfl favorites and do you agree with my theory?
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 02:10 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Starting last year I really thought the league was fixed,  with Mr epic comeback starts right now going out with a Ring.  This year I couldn't pinpoint in till now,  Brady with the suspension getting his 5the to solidify he is the G. O. A. T.  I try to believe it's not fixed but it hasn't proved me wrong.  The story lines won't stop and my team isn't a NFL favorite and we can't even win a playoff game.

Now yesterday I seen a video of every superbowls last snap.  I watched it just to see who was every winner.  The 49ers was like the pats of today.  They were always shown in the Superbowl and won every time, they even beat Dan marino. Once there is a star studded the NFL loves and considers great, they usually get to go multiple times.  Other star qbs include, Jim Kelly (4 straight Superbowl losses), Troy aikman,  Washington's qb in the 80s with Gibbs as coach, Troy aikman, Steve young, Brett farve went twice,  john elway went twice in a row.  Mainly you have to have a stud qb and big name coach. There was a some one year wonders like brees and that loaded team,  Chicago bears in the 80s,  teams that got there and lost too like Carolina.

I think it's got a lot to do with NFL favorite stars.  Who does the nfl love.  Right now it's denver cause if elway, Pitt, new England, green bay, Seattle, Atlanta now too. Carolina in there too with cam.

I think we need to draft guys that will be nfl favorites, I don't see a qb except Watson and I know we won't draft him. I'd keep mccaron around because injuries happen and the sub can take over. Idk who else is in the draft at qb besides jom Kelly's son Chad Kelly. He might be worth taking. If we get rid of mccaron.

Likeable guys list

I'd go Mike Williams, dalvin cook, Leonard fornette tj Watt Reuben Foster, would be someone they'd drool over. The biggest one I'd like to grab for this favorite reason plus skill.  Christian mccafrey I think they will love him. Any other players that you can see that would be nfl favorites and do you agree with my theory?

Joe Gibbs won with three different QBs. Joe Theismann and two journeymen. However....they had one of...if not THE....most dominant o lines in NFL history and they played good defense.  Just goes to show hiw important line play is.  Their championships had VERY little to do with stud QBs.  They didn't have one.  They had average QBs that had good seasons behind stellar line play and speedy recievers.  Art Monk is a HOFer......and it didn't hurt having a HOFer in the backfield for a bit either.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 05:26 AM)Wyche Wrote: Joe Gibbs won with three different QBs. Joe Theismann and two journeymen. However....they had one of...if not THE....most dominant o lines in NFL history and they played good defense.  Just goes to show hiw important line play is.  Their championships had VERY little to do with stud QBs.  They didn't have one.  They had average QBs that had good seasons behind stellar line play and speedy recievers.  Art Monk is a HOFer......and it didn't hurt having a HOFer in the backfield for a bit either.

Yeah, I didn't know too much about Washington, I was surprised to see them a few times.  But I will say that was a different era back then and they were nfc.  I think it's much harder for us because we are in the afc with nfl favorite teams and qbs. 
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 02:10 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Starting last year I really thought the league was fixed,  with Mr epic comeback starts right now going out with a Ring.  This year I couldn't pinpoint in till now,  Brady with the suspension getting his 5the to solidify he is the G. O. A. T.  I try to believe it's not fixed but it hasn't proved me wrong.  The story lines won't stop and my team isn't a NFL favorite and we can't even win a playoff game.

Now yesterday I seen a video of every superbowls last snap.  I watched it just to see who was every winner.  The 49ers was like the pats of today.  They were always shown in the Superbowl and won every time, they even beat Dan marino. Once there is a star studded the NFL loves and considers great, they usually get to go multiple times.  Other star qbs include, Jim Kelly (4 straight Superbowl losses), Troy aikman,  Washington's qb in the 80s with Gibbs as coach, Troy aikman, Steve young, Brett farve went twice,  john elway went twice in a row.  Mainly you have to have a stud qb and big name coach. There was a some one year wonders like brees and that loaded team,  Chicago bears in the 80s,  teams that got there and lost too like Carolina.

I think it's got a lot to do with NFL favorite stars.  Who does the nfl love.  Right now it's denver cause if elway, Pitt, new England, green bay, Seattle, Atlanta now too. Carolina in there too with cam.

Likeable guys list

I'd go Mike Williams, dalvin cook, Leonard fornette tj Watt Reuben Foster, would be someone they'd drool over. The biggest one I'd like to grab for this favorite reason plus skill.  Christian mccafrey I think they will love him. Any other players that you can see that would be nfl favorites and do you agree with my theory?

I disagree completely with your theory. What is this fascination recently with Bengals fans and "the NFL is fixed" narrative? I mean, my best working hypothesis is an emotional response to seeing NE v. Pitt, the two teams most Bengals fans hate most, in the AFCCG....

But who else was going to be there? Osweiler? Matt Moore? Connor Cook? Alex Smith? The NFL isn't fixed, it's weighted towards the passing game. The last 4 teams left had the NFL MVP and 3 future HOF QBs. It sucks, but it is what it is. Chicks dig the long ball and 400 yard passing games. It has nothing to do with the size of the fanbase. 

I think you're conflating what's in ESPN's best interest with the NFL. ESPN wants Dallas, Pitt, NE, Seattle, GB, etc to be good directly because the size of the fanbase. ESPN is in the business of having the most people watch/listen to their programming, so they talk about the teams who will draw the most listeners/viewers in. The NFL doesn't have that problem. It is far and away the most viewed sports league in this country. 

I don't know about you, but not once did I sit during that Superbowl and think to myself, "Gosh. I wish GB or Dallas were here instead of Atlanta, they have SOOOOOO many more fans."  If the NFL was such an unstoppable behemoth of guaranteeing outcomes, why wasn't Dallas in the Superbowl? That'd be the biggest moneymaker. FOX made a reported $20 million additional dollars from commercials during the overtime...So why haven't they had the NFL "fix" every Superbowl to go to OT?

As to the original point about New England being "allowed" to win because they are a great story, all I can say is :New England doesn't win because they are a good story. They are a good story because they win. Same for any team in this league. Bengals go on a 5 year run of NE-esque success? ESPN will be all over our balls and Jags fans will be bitching about how it's "fixed" to "let" us win. 

Grow up.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 09:57 AM)YoungThundercat Wrote: I disagree completely with your theory. What is this fascination recently with Bengals fans and "the NFL is fixed" narrative? I mean, my best working hypothesis is an emotional response to seeing NE v. Pitt, the two teams most Bengals fans hate most, in the AFCCG....

But who else was going to be there? Osweiler? Matt Moore? Connor Cook? Alex Smith? The NFL isn't fixed, it's weighted towards the passing game. The last 4 teams left had the NFL MVP and 3 future HOF QBs. It sucks, but it is what it is. Chicks dig the long ball and 400 yard passing games. It has nothing to do with the size of the fanbase. 

I think you're conflating what's in ESPN's best interest with the NFL. ESPN wants Dallas, Pitt, NE, Seattle, GB, etc to be good directly because the size of the fanbase. ESPN is in the business of having the most people watch/listen to their programming, so they talk about the teams who will draw the most listeners/viewers in. The NFL doesn't have that problem. It is far and away the most viewed sports league in this country. 

I don't know about you, but not once did I sit during that Superbowl and think to myself, "Gosh. I wish GB or Dallas were here instead of Atlanta, they have SOOOOOO many more fans."  If the NFL was such an unstoppable behemoth of guaranteeing outcomes, why wasn't Dallas in the Superbowl? That'd be the biggest moneymaker. FOX made a reported $20 million additional dollars from commercials during the overtime...So why haven't they had the NFL "fix" every Superbowl to go to OT?

As to the original point about New England being "allowed" to win because they are a great story, all I can say is :New England doesn't win because they are a good story. They are a good story because they win. Same for any team in this league. Bengals go on a 5 year run of NE-esque success? ESPN will be all over our balls and Jags fans will be bitching about how it's "fixed" to "let" us win. 

Grow up.

Leading candidate for "Post of the Year " imo. Our Bengal woes are mostly self-inflicted.Some teams get more favorable calls, but the NFL is not fixed imo. :andy:
Reply/Quote
You don't go 26+ years without a playoff win because of the league being fixed. We're not talking about Super Bowls...we're talking about winning ONE playoff game...something EVERY team in the league has done since we last have. Most have won 5+ over that span.

Yet...when we win a playoff game...Bengals fans will be throwing a parade.
Reply/Quote

Likeable guys list

A lot of people may need to reconsider Dalvin COok as such a "likeable guy". For those that do not know, he's had a few run-ins with the law in recent years.
http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/07/12/fsu-seminoles-dalvin-cook-arrest-deandre-johnson

Now yes, he was declared not guilty in the battery charge, but nothing has been said of the same regarding his mistreatment of three puppies and broken windows from a BB gun fight.
His talent is undeniable, but people should think twice before falling in love with this guy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Good Lord, get over it. The best team wins the Super Bowl most of the time.

The Pats were what 14-2 this year? It should come as no surprise that they won.

If your theory held true - then the Cowboys or Packers would have been in the Super Bowl as well.

I guess the only other thing - Do you really think Goodell wanted to hand the trophy to the Pats and Tom Brady? Me neither.
Reply/Quote
Cowboys and packers have won superbowls since the 90s. Cowboys are a up and coming team, green bay made it far. You don't think the same teams will be in next year? And if Brady and big Ben are done, they still have rodgers,luck, cam Newton, Russell Wilson and whatever new comer comes along. They do not like dalton or the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 12:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You don't go 26+ years without a playoff win because of the league being fixed. We're not talking about Super Bowls...we're talking about winning ONE playoff game...something EVERY team in the league has done since we last have. Most have won 5+ over that span.

Yet...when we win a playoff game...Bengals fans will be throwing a parade.

You don't?  We've had some really good teams
Reply/Quote
The NFL is clearly fixed against the Bengals. I have inside info that Mike Brown actually wanted to hire Cowher over Dave Shula, wanted to get an actual GM instead of doing it himself, and he wanted to build a practice facility equal to that of my laughably small liberal arts college alma mater but the NFL told him he was not allowed to do so because it might lead to us being better than the Steelers.

True story. The NFL also holds Mike Brown's grandchildren hostage and threatens to kill them if he doesn't continually extend Marvin Lewis. Godddellll also hired Jeff Gilooly to break Eifert's ankle. Pro Bowl injury, my ass!
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 09:57 AM)YoungThundercat Wrote: I disagree completely with your theory. What is this fascination recently with Bengals fans and "the NFL is fixed" narrative? I mean, my best working hypothesis is an emotional response to seeing NE v. Pitt, the two teams most Bengals fans hate most, in the AFCCG....

Grow up.
You grow up lol telling me to grow up cause you think different. 

Anyway look at all Superbowl wins and who's the qb, or who's the stars. You mean to tell me a upper qb can't win a Superbowl hardly ever?There's always story lines like it's wwe.  Brady getting suspended, taken a beaten in the Superbowl but comes back for the first ot in nfl history.it had to be him huh. Only other teams that win it have big stars elsewhere. Ravens Rey lewis.saints had to have a tragedy then the nfl let them win one. Seattle Richard Sherman and the legion of boom with Lynch. Even the 85 bears didn't have a elite qb but they had Walter Payton.  My point is I don't ever see us winning anything till we get on that level.get players the nfl likes to brag about. 

Next year you can probably go ahead and pencil in pitt vs pats afc championship,unless Denver gets a liked qb.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 05:08 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: You grow up lol telling me to grow up cause you think different. 

Anyway look at all Superbowl wins and who's the qb, or who's the stars. You mean to tell me a upper qb can't win a Superbowl hardly ever?There's always story lines like it's wwe.  Brady getting suspended, taken a beaten in the Superbowl but comes back for the first ot in nfl history.it had to be him huh. Only other teams that win it have big stars elsewhere. Ravens Rey lewis.saints had to have a tragedy then the nfl let them win one. Seattle Richard Sherman and the legion of boom with Lynch. Even the 85 bears didn't have a elite qb but they had Walter Payton.  My point is I don't ever see us winning anything till we get on that level.get players the nfl likes to brag about. 

Next year you can probably go ahead and pencil in pitt vs pats afc championship,unless Denver gets a liked qb.

I'm convinced.  I heard that Dan Marino and Jim Kelly were both popular with fans but they teabagged Pete Rozelle's wife and were sentenced to 5 SB's without victories as punishment. John Elway actually filmed it, so he wasn't allowed to win by the powers that be until he was all old and inspirational and no longer a punk who threatened to quit if he wasn't traded.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 05:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm convinced.  I heard that Dan Marino and Jim Kelly were both popular with fans but they teabagged Pete Rozelle's wife and were sentenced to 5 SB's without victories as punishment.  John Elway actually filmed it, so he wasn't allowed to win by the powers that be until he was all old and inspirational and no longer a punk who threatened to quit if he wasn't traded.

Lol ok believe what you want
Reply/Quote

Likeable guys list

This isn't speculation anymore. This is straight paranoia.

Other Bengals fans, PLEASE don't buy into this garbage. NOTHING is rigged against us. NOTHING. All damage done to the Bengals has been done by either superior teams or by our own undisciplined/unskilled selves.

If anything, the league was rigged against the Patriots the past few years. Deflategate was a joke, a power struggle between the NFL and owners and elite players, and anyone with any sort of rationality can see that. There was nowhere near enough evidence to suspend Brady, but the NFL did anyway. But what did the Pats do? Win 26 regular season games the past 2 years and pull off the greatest single game comeback in sports history. 

Sure, our media coverage may not be as high as other teams. But this does not mean that the NFL deliberately rigs games against us. Correlation does not equal causation.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 05:08 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: You grow up lol telling me to grow up cause you think different. 

I'm not telling you to grow up because I think differently. I'm telling you to grow up because I think logically. And because I put though and care into how I frame my argument, rather than espouse a bunch of nonsense like a petulant child.

Id never tell you upper QBs can't win a title. Quite the opposite, they usually win most of the titles. Because football in the modern era (post invention of the forward pass), by its very construction, makes the quarterback the lynchpin, the cornerstone of offensive success. No one (aside from the center) has the ball in their hands more. 

Now for your "WWE storylines":

1) Brady comeback in overtime. Obvious fix. Had nothing to do with the fact that he is inarguably the greatest QB in the history of the game. Had nothing to do with the fact that the Falcons defense was on the field for over 90+ plays (while playing majority man coverage) allowing the pass rush and DBs to get tired and lose a step in either getting to Brady or covering receivers. 

2) Ray Lewis. Unsure which Superbowl you're referring to here. 2000 saw Baltimore have the best defense statistically since the 1985 Bears. In 2012, they were led by Joe Flacco having one of the best postseasons in recent memory, throwing for 11 TDS and 0 picks (vs. Indy, Denver, New England and a great 49ers defense).

3) Saints in 2009. Drew Brees at his peak power. Had home field throughout the playoffs, then got to play in Miami for the Superbowl. Still took a surprise onside kick after halftime and a pick 6 on Manning to seal it.

4) Seattle. Another one of the greatest defenses statistically in NFL history. They allowed 14.4 points per game for the season. That's a full 9 points better than average that year. And they destroyed one of the greatest offenses we've seen in the Superbowl.

5) 1985 Bears. No need to say anything. Hall of Famers galore on that team.

And yes, you would have great odds in Vegas penciling in Pitt/NE again next year. Because, you know, inarguably greatest QB ever plus inarguably greatest coach ever. And because HOF QB plus Le'Veon plus AB plus fantastic offensive line plus potentially Martavus Bryant coming back.
Reply/Quote
people like winners.

Denver didn't win because people liked Elway. People liked elway (and the broncos) because they won.
Reply/Quote
Damnit, I knew Trent Dilfer was a NFL love child. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

Smack

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 05:47 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: This isn't speculation anymore. This is straight paranoia.

Other Bengals fans, PLEASE don't buy into this garbage. NOTHING is rigged against us. NOTHING. All damage done to the Bengals has been done by either superior teams or by our own undisciplined/unskilled selves.

If anything, the league was rigged against the Patriots the past few years. Deflategate was a joke, a power struggle between the NFL and owners and elite players, and anyone with any sort of rationality can see that. There was nowhere near enough evidence to suspend Brady, but the NFL did anyway. But what did the Pats do? Win 26 regular season games the past 2 years and pull off the greatest single game comeback in sports history. 

Sure, our media coverage may not be as high as other teams. But this does not mean that the NFL deliberately rigs games against us. Correlation does not equal causation.
Y'all are delusional on here go ahead and think sports arent corrupt and rigged, it's like telling little kids wrestling isnt real or Santa doesn't exist. Y'all are throwing hissy fits. Grow up people. 
Reply/Quote

Grow up.

There is a lot of sense in this post, have to say. I do believe that the refs are biased for the Steelers most of the time
and especially when they are playing us. Why? Cause it is true but to say the NFL is fixed is one big damn conspiracy of
massive paranoia. The Patriots were the best team this year and had to play one hell of a game to beat the Falcons who
were the best team in the NFC by far.

Great game too, one of the best Superbowls of all time except the halftime show lmao
Reply/Quote