Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safeties
Does Nelson stay?

Does Iloka stay?

Or does Miami take both of them or Hue Jackson snake them?

My bet is they both go to Miami for no income tax and better weather.

Also: Vance Joseph
Reply/Quote
theyd be insane not to tag Iloka. franchise is around 10M but they may transition him and let the market dictate his cost. Nelson is cashing in, yea Miami makes sense.
Reply/Quote
Sign Iloka or tag him. I think Nelson is gone had a great year but he's getting up their in age plus we cant sign everybody back. Williams has looked good and is ready to start. Are top priorities this offseason should be bringing back Iloka and Marvin Jones.
Reply/Quote
Plenty of money for who they want to keep and plenty of draft picks to fill in.

Keep in mind that Leon Hall and Andre Smith are about $16M off the books just by themselves.

I agree that Iloka has blossomed into a strong player to warrant a good deal and that Nelson will look elsewhere to cash in.
Reply/Quote
It think they'll let Reggie walk and keep Iloka.

I fear Shawn Williams may be made of glass. He's gonna be a good player if he doesn't shatter.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 04:28 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: Does Nelson stay?

Does Iloka stay?

We need to keep Iloka at all costs, including tagging him.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 04:28 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: My bet is they both go to Miami for no income tax and better weather.

Players like to win and they like money.  Weather and state income tax don't make that much difference.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 04:28 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: Does Nelson stay?

Does Iloka stay?

With Suh, can Miami even afford veteran minimum for the other defensive guys?

(01-18-2016, 11:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Players like to win and they like money.  Weather and state income tax don't make that much difference.

Mostly unrelated, but I read an interesting article a few years ago on the financial struggles of the NHL. The exchange rate and taxes were putting the Canadian teams in trouble. Their fans couldn't afford the seat prices to offset the financial penalty players took on by playing in Canada. As a result, top free agents wouldn't go there.
Reply/Quote
Let Andre Smith, Hall, and Sanu walk. Now you can sign Iloka, Reggie to a couple years, and Pacman too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 04:38 AM)phil413 Wrote: theyd be insane not to tag Iloka. franchise is around 10M but they may transition him and let the market dictate his cost.  Nelson is cashing in, yea Miami makes sense.

Nelson is not going to cash in.  He's 33 years old.  He may get a decent deal, but there is no way he gets big-time money at that age.
Reply/Quote
We should keep one of them. Williams likely showed them something, and Iloka's younger. I think The Vikings and Dolphins could go after Nelson. I can see him leaving.

Brown doesn't spend money (or high draft picks) on safeties. Which is why it took Marvin so long to find some. We'll be lucky to get one of them back. The tag may be in play, but we have big chucks of cap space already taken up by the options of Dre and Big Z.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
They both stay.....
Reply/Quote
Sign Iloka, Let Reggie go unless he comes back at a great price. Draft another safety for depth and comp.
Reply/Quote
Miami already paid a very good safety in Reshad Jones, I doubt they go after either of ours.

This is pretty simple, you approach both for deals, but you prioritize Iloka, simply the better investment.
Reply/Quote
I say keep Nelson and Iloka. It's possible.
Reply/Quote
Here's the real question though - Was there a drop-off when Williams was in the game and Iloka was out?

I didn't really pay too much attention to it, but it seems like the defense played pretty well after Burfict came back full time.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 04:46 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Here's the real question though - Was there a drop-off when Williams was in the game and Iloka was out?

I didn't really pay too much attention to it, but it seems like the defense played pretty well after Burfict came back full time.

There wasn't when Reggie left either. 
Williams is good. 
Reply/Quote
Iloka is a must sign; Nelson is to old to sign back. We need to get younger in the back end.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Nelson too old my butt..He just had the best season of his career and suddenly too old? Geeez, I'm too old. I'm 56,but then I never played in the NFL. It's not as if he has an expiration date stamped on his ass.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 05:02 PM)grampahol Wrote: Nelson too old my butt..He just had the best season of his career and suddenly too old? Geeez, I'm too old. I'm 56,but then I never played in the NFL. It's not as if he has an expiration date stamped on his ass.

He will be 33 next season. You don't pay players on what they have done you pay them on what they will do.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote