Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safety Vonn Bell Signed
OK, If I don't go bankrupt during the China Corona crisis, may be time to buy my season tickets back again.

I am an optimist but never in my wildest dreams think our Bengals would be this aggressive in FA.

Someone started a thread why are we not signing our own? I see the answer now, we want better than a losing 2 win team so the roster had to be turned. The average or under performers are getting cut or we are letting them go elsewhere.

I always respected MB's loyalty, but I always said he was loyal to a fault. So, new ways whether it is MB, ZT, Tobin, Katie or whoever, who cares a new message is being sent:

Play hard and get results or you will not be on this team anymore.

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 06:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Shawn isn't starting over Vonn Bell and we needed insurance for when he might leave and we needed another nickel backer.

Killing all kinds of birds with one stone with this signing...

Shawn should be he is better. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 06:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: OK, If I don't go bankrupt during the China Corona crisis, may be time to buy my season tickets back again.

I am an optimist but never in my wildest dreams think our Bengals would be this aggressive in FA.

Someone started a thread why are we not signing our own? I see the answer now, we want better than a losing 2 win team so the roster had to be turned. The average or under performers are getting cut or we are letting them go elsewhere.

I always respected MB's loyalty, but I always said he was loyal to a fault. So, new ways whether it is MB, ZT, Tobin, Katie or whoever, who cares a new message is being sent:

Play hard and get results or you will not be on this team anymore.

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is way more movement then I would of ever expected in FA and I thought they would be much more active this Offseason 
with us moving on from Dalton and going with Burrow for the future. But this is unprecedented getting Reader, Bell, Waynes,
Alexander, Bynes, XSF, Thomas and Sims.

Unprecedented. Joe Now we can Draft Offense baby. Cool  

(03-25-2020, 06:47 PM)J24 Wrote: Shawn should be he is better. 

No he is not and I like Shawn.
Reply/Quote
Nope, I'll stick to my prediction that he will be a great coach!
Reply/Quote
What the hell? I was looking for the Cincinnati Bengals?

All this change is absolutely shocking
Reply/Quote
With all of these great signings in free-agency, I am now more convinced the season will be cancelled.
Reply/Quote
I am 72 years old, fan since 1968, and I have never seen the likes of this.

WHO EFFING DEY
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 06:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is way more movement then I would of ever expected in FA and I thought they would be much more active this Offseason 
with us moving on from Dalton and going with Burrow for the future. But this is unprecedented getting Reader, Bell, Waynes,
Alexander, Bynes, XSF, Thomas and Sims.

Unprecedented. Joe Now we can Draft Offense baby. Cool  

No he is not and I like Shawn.
There both similar players but William has been more consistent over his career. It's either a slight upgrade or downgrade. This deal doesn't make the Defense that much better. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 06:43 PM)J24 Wrote: Man Shawn Williams is a good player not sure about this signing. Seems like a lot for a backup. Hell not sure about most of the signings but on a plus size it's nice to see them try in free agency signing a lot of fun first guys in a passing league is a bold strategy.

Take a look at our division.  How many more third and twos do you want to see?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Our pass defense is solid with Williams and Bates roaming deep. WJIII (ideally) and Phillips on the outside, and Dunlap, Hubbard, and Lawson coming off the edge.

We need another edge player which is why if Baun is there at 33 he checks two boxes as lb and pass rusher. Run defense and tackling was the priority outside of a linebacker who could cover TE'S.

These are some interesting signings but they seem to be focused.

We better hope the signings work or we may never see a FA like this for another generation.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 06:47 PM)J24 Wrote: Shawn should be he is better. 

Nope. Bell is a young ascending player who is only getting better. Williams has already played his best ball.
Reply/Quote
I am stunned by this off season. It is a new way of thinking finally.

Had I known they would be this active I wouldn't have been so against drafting Burrow.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 07:02 PM)McC Wrote: Take a look at our division.  How many more third and twos do you want to see?

Exactly we need to be able to defend the pass on first and second down so we do not end up in third & shorts on a frequent basis. 
Look I like that there going out and signing guys that are from a different places but none of the signings except for Reader over Billings have been major improvements.
Wayne's + Alexander is a push against Kirkpatrick + Dennard
Fuia is a push against Miller
 Bell is a push against Williams
Bynes is a great run defender but Baltimore hid him in the passing game. In all honesty I think Vigil is the better fit in today's NFL but I say this thinking neither is a starting LB. More a guy off the bench.
J24

Reply/Quote
After a long day at work, this is perfect news to come home to! Cool

This offseason/free agency period is some serious dream come true shit for a life long Bengals fan. I mean, They said that they were going to improve the defense, but nobody in the land thought they would go out and make wholesale talent upgrades at all 3 levels of the defense. One of the best NTs in the game, a very talented veteran LB, and a complete overhaul in the secondary?

Don't wake me up, as I continue to enjoy this Bengals dream free agency period! Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This 4-0-7 defense should be interesting to see.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Knowing our luck the season will be cancelled. This is some exciting stuff.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Hell of a signing at this stage. This has been an unbelievable offseason so far. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 07:26 PM)J24 Wrote: Exactly we need to be able to defend the pass on first and second down so we do not end up in third & shorts on a frequent basis. 
Look I like that there going out and signing guys that are from a different places but none of the signings except for Reader over Billings have been major improvements.
Bynes is a great run defender but Baltimore hid him in the passing game. In all honesty I think Vigil is the better fit in today's NFL but I say this thinking neither is a starting LB. More a guy off the bench.

Okay.  Whatever. If you refer Williams and Vigil, we have no more to talk about.

Hundred people in a room. Ninety nine see it one way, one the other. What are the odds the ninety none are wrong?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I do not know how some fans see this as a "push" or negative signing. Bell will become the "star" DB hybrid or Williams will be. They still need two backers, and at least two OL in the upcoming draft. What this signing will do is open the draft at #33.

If McKinney is there, teams will offer trades for #33 pick. It would not surprise me at all if the Bengals go for Ruiz (C/G) in round two and backer in Gay/ADG in round 3 and grab Muse or Dugger later to play backer.

Bell had a down year in 2019 compared to 2018 but that is because they played in deep in over 500 snaps. He can blitz, stop the run and is a leader.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 07:26 PM)J24 Wrote: Exactly we need to be able to defend the pass on first and second down so we do not end up in third & shorts on a frequent basis. 

These are PFF ratings, so take them with a grain of salt, but by comparison...

Dennard 72.2 vs Alexander 65.7= -6.5

WJIII 53.6 vs Waynes 65.1= +11.5

Williams 54.4 vs Bell 64.8= +10.4

Vigil 54.4 vs Bynes 76.2= +21.8

Billings 69.3 vs Reader 86.7= +17.4

Miller 58.6 vs XSF 60.1 = +1.5

The only real lateral move that was made was at RG.  While most are assuming Waynes is Dre's replacement, WJIII is in a contract year and has basically been a one year wonder.  He is not good.  He hasn't been good for years.  
Reply/Quote