Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safety Vonn Bell Signed
(03-25-2020, 04:25 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: But, this dude said good free agents would never come here...

[Image: 1*SDZoFBz9WyCBUpOLL5XQ4A.jpeg]

It's only March, but this is my early vote for Post of the Year
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 05:28 PM)Synric Wrote: I can actually see Vonn Bell as the nickle linebacker. He a better run defender, better in the box, and a better blitzer.... but he's not great in coverage.

Well, either way this means we have 3 starter quality LBs (Pratt, Bynes and Bell/Williams) on the roster.

They already weren't going to reach in the draft for a LB (as reaching is a bad idea regardless), but I think this really does allow them to go offense down the line if the value is there. We have no immediate needs left on defense this off season (other than depth at LB) and any players on 1 year deals that leave next off season can be replaced when they leave.

I am so stoked on this off season right now!
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 03:29 PM)McC Wrote: Wow on the three year deal.  He's only 25.  Don't know why I thought he had been around longer than that.  ESPN just said the Saints wanted him back.  Did he really choose us over the Saints?  Did we just outbid another team again?  Somebody around this franchise said, Alright, enough with the sucking.

Really like this signing! Saints re-signed Malcolm Jenkins from Eagles. Jenkins goes back to the team that drafted him. Aka too many safety's in N.O. Bell ants to start. Didn't read entire thread, so didn't know if someone already replied.

Happy with this for sure!
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 04:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: The cheap narrative I think has finally been put to rest...or maybe not, people are nuts. 

Until they do what the Colts and Saints finally did....win a Super Bowl, they will always be a punching bag.  I'm not saying it is going to happen this year, but it is VERY hard to repeat and the rest of the AFC doesn't scare me.  Let's get some bullies, like Claypool as a WR, Damian Lewis as a RG, Queen as a LB, and Dugger as a S and go out and hit some fooking people!!!
Reply/Quote
Thank you Bengals for giving us a reason to be optimistic. Love this signing and the Reader signing and Alexander. Not sure if Wayne’s was worth $42 million but he is still young and can tackle. Love it!
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 05:31 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: It's only March, but this is my early vote for Post of the Year

I troll that jackass Cowpie at least once  week, which I feel is necessary for such lovers of low hanging fruit and tired, played out schtick for his daily run at the Bengals.  When he saw what the Bengals are doing, he immediately shortened his show an hour a day.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 03:52 PM)McC Wrote: On another front, people on ESPN openly weeping over the threat of losing the Bengals as low hanging fruit.

Holy crap that made me laugh.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 05:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It would, where is Pistons?  Ninja

Please just let him hybernate. Don't need to see the same post in every thread over and over... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 05:35 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Thank you Bengals for giving us a reason to be optimistic. Love this signing and the Reader signing and Alexander. Not sure if Wayne’s was worth $42 million but he is still young and can tackle. Love it!

The Wayne's deal was a good one for both sides.  Waynes gets $20 mil this year between his signing bonus and 1st year salary, but he only counts $10 mil against the cap and they can cut him after this year and break even against the cap.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 05:39 PM)McC Wrote: I troll that jackass Cowpie at least once  week, which I feel is necessary for such lovers of low hanging fruit and tired, played out schtick for his daily run at the Bengals.  When he saw what the Bengals are doing, he immediately shortened his show an hour a day.

What's with the low hanging fruits??  Hilarious Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 04:25 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: But, this dude said good free agents would never come here...

I listened to him interviewing Joel Klatt about Burrow,Tua, and the draft earlier today. Joel really put him in check once or twice. Was a good interview.
Reply/Quote

Now that is a punchable face!!!  LMAO
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 05:28 PM)Synric Wrote: I can actually see Vonn Bell as the nickle linebacker. He a better run defender, better in the box, and a better blitzer.... but he's not great in coverage.

Shawn is not great in coverage either...

(03-25-2020, 05:32 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Well, either way this means we have 3 starter quality LBs (Pratt, Bynes and Bell/Williams) on the roster.

They already weren't going to reach in the draft for a LB (as reaching is a bad idea regardless), but I think this really does allow them to go offense down the line if the value is there. We have no immediate needs left on defense this off season (other than depth at LB) and any players on 1 year deals that leave next off season can be replaced when they leave.

I am so stoked on this off season right now!

True, have 2 nickel backers now and Pratt and Bynes as the middle stack backers with Hubbard, Dunlap and Lawson rotating 
as OLB's. Actually have more depth than some of us make out. Cause we are now a 3-4 hybrid with Reader as the NT.

(03-25-2020, 05:33 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Really like this signing! Saints re-signed Malcolm Jenkins from Eagles. Jenkins goes back to the team that drafted him. Aka too many safety's in N.O. Bell ants to start. Didn't read entire thread, so didn't know if someone already replied.

Happy with this for sure!

Good to know, Bell wanted to start and wanted to be back in Ohio, good stuff.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 06:04 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I listened to him interviewing Joel Klatt about Burrow,Tua, and the draft earlier today. Joel really put him in check once or twice. Was a good interview.

I like Klatt.  I lived in CO awhile when Klatt was on local radio there; dude had one hell of a sense of humor.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 06:03 PM)sandwedge Wrote: What's with the low hanging fruits??  Hilarious Ninja

Translation--easy target.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 06:04 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I listened to him interviewing Joel Klatt about Burrow,Tua, and the draft earlier today. Joel really put him in check once or twice. Was a good interview.

Is that the same interview where Klatt said Burrow reminds him of Montana with his coolness in the pocket?
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 06:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

Surprised we got such a good deal for him but he wanted to start and be in Ohio, so there yah go. Smirk
Reply/Quote
Man Shawn Williams is a good player not sure about this signing. Seems like a lot for a backup. Hell not sure about most of the signings but on a plus size it's nice to see them try in free agency signing a lot of fun first guys in a passing league is a bold strategy.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 06:43 PM)J24 Wrote: Man Shawn Williams is a good player not sure about this signing. Seems like a lot for a backup. Hell not sure about most of the signings but on a plus size it's nice to see them try in free agency signing a lot of fun first guys in a passing league is a bold strategy.

Shawn isn't starting over Vonn Bell and we needed insurance for when he might leave and we needed another nickel backer.

Killing all kinds of birds with one stone with this signing...
Reply/Quote