Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safety a need now
Ok after losing both safeties on day 1 we know we will be signing 1 to be the starter opposite Hill and more than likely drafting 1 also, what are your wishes? It looks like we have a certain $$ amount earmarked for this position so what do you think?

My thoughts:

1) FS- Dax Hill
2) SS- Juan Thornhill(KC) @4-5 per year.

Backups: Anderson, Thomas. Wilson is cut generating 2 million cap space.

Draft: (1)

1) Jordan Battle rd 2 Alabama
or

2) Anthony Johnson rd 3 Iowa ST.
Reply/Quote
Big need

No one thought we’d lose both guys.

Lou’s D was so great because we had that consistency at safety. Hard to have a bad D when you can put Bates in deep 3rd and he literally guards the whole field because he’s fast and smart.

Kinda hard to suck on D when your SS is a hitter AND can cover pretty well.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I think it is more like:

Starters: Hill + FA/Draft
Reserves: Anderson + 1 of Thomas or Wilson.

If we sign someone in FA, I don't see using a pick. Certainly not a Day 1 ir Day 2 one.

For me, we have 1 open spot at safety.
Reply/Quote
I can’t imagine them essentially starting two rookies. They would just be asking for it in the AFC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
You hate to use free agency playing the replace talent lost game. Especially in win now mode and in need of pieces to add to put you over the edge instead of remaining afloat.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Hill struggled a lot when he played this year. Not sure he's ready to start.
Reply/Quote
Do you think there is truth to this (posted 3 hours ago)?

Sounds like maybe the Bengals are looking at adding one safety in FA if this is true.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 10:21 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Do you think there is truth to this (posted 3 hours ago)?

Sounds like maybe the Bengals are looking at adding one safety in FA if this is true.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Please let this not be bullshit..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 10:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Please let this not be bullshit..

Yeah I know nothing about the guy that posted it. 

Apparently a reporter for the Athletic that covers the Bengals?

I would imagine he wants to stay in Philly so we'll see I guess.

I don't know much about the player either--he better than Bates and Bell?
Reply/Quote
Not sure if the Gardner-Johnson smoke is real but I hope so. The Bemgals actually have the luxury of going after either safery type since Dax as traits that match either "spot. Who knows if Dax can start, but I like the idea of versatility all over the secondary.

With the turnover af safety, and Dax having to start, we need continuity at corner. Need Flowers back as a TE defender, or Eli with CTB covering the better TEs.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 10:30 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah I know nothing about the guy that posted it. 

Apparently a reporter for the Athletic that covers the Bengals?

I would imagine he wants to stay in Philly so we'll see I guess.

I don't know much about the player either--he better than Bates and Bell?

I saw it too but couldn't find anything on the guy. It's not like Cincy to leak how they're spending, let alone giving more guaranteed money.  If it's a real report, it wreaks of his agent driving the price to stay in Philly.  Hope I'm wrong because he would be a great fit. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 10:21 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Do you think there is truth to this (posted 3 hours ago)?

Sign dat dude !!
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 10:33 PM)pulses Wrote:  Sign dat dude !!

Yeah he passes the dread test for sure!
Looks intense!
Reply/Quote

When you go to the actual twitter post, most posters are saying it is fake news.
Reply/Quote

Sounds like he could be a good pickup but I would have rather kept Bell
Reply/Quote
I can't even find a Scott Shanahan at The Athletic. I think this is fake news.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 10:39 PM)Nepa Wrote: I can't even find a Scott Shanahan at The Athletic. I think this is fake news.

Oh you're right. It looks like this guy has like 300 followers. 

Well who knows then?

It's all a waiting game at this point.

Just looked at his later posts and he expects Eagles to match and that he wants to stay in Philly.
All speculation from a guy nobody trusts.
Reply/Quote
If he is with The Athletic, he is brand new

but here is something more

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I think we'll roll with the Bengal M.O. at S and bring in a young High Draft Choice that didn't work out in 1st stop:

JOHNATHAN ABRAM
KEANU NEAL
TERRELL EDMUNDS
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I’d like Hill paired with a veteran safety. Far as losing Bell I thought we’d lose Pratt and Bates and keep Bell. Guess I prefer Pratt over Bell is the way I’m looking at it if that makes sense.
Reply/Quote