Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safety upgrade?
(03-20-2018, 04:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As far as OL?  If you don't feel like Price will be there at 46, you take him at 21, or trade back a few more spots and pick up another 2nd or 3rd.  Or, if a Derwin James is sitting there at 21, he would be hard to resist.

Heck, I wouldn't even mind to see the Bengals stay at 21, and then package a few of the later picks to gain another 2nd round pick.  It would really be nice to see this team get the Center they want, at least one more top lineman, a Safety and either LB or DL, all before the 4th round.

Wouldn't bother me at all to see this happen. There is one group that will need to be addressed in part - TE. Our top 3 TE's are free agents after this season, almost begging for us to spend at least one high pick. Eifert is a 'wait and see', Kroft deserves an extension offer of sorts, but Uzomah probably can be replaced w/o much pain.
Just a thought....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 06:43 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Wouldn't bother me at all to see this happen. There is one group that will need to be addressed in part - TE. Our top 3 TE's are free agents after this season, almost begging for us to spend at least one high pick. Eifert is a 'wait and see', Kroft deserves an extension offer of sorts, but Uzomah probably can be replaced w/o much pain.
Just a thought....

I truly believe that Gesicki will be a definate thought at 21...
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 04:58 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Agree with all that with Derwin I just can’t see him falling.  Feel the same with Vea.  

Rd.1 Derwin James  
Rd.2 billy price
Rd.3 Darius Leonard
Rd.3 Orlando Brown
Rd.4 BJ hill
?^^^^

I like
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 08:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I truly believe that Gesicki will be a definate thought at 21...

Vomit material
Reply/Quote
I'd look at Eric Reid if his price continues to fall.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/21/eric-reid-free-agency-protests-demonstrations-colin-kaepernick?utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 10:28 AM)jj22 Wrote: I'd look at Eric Reid if his price continues to fall.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/21/eric-reid-free-agency-protests-demonstrations-colin-kaepernick?utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

I agree with this. I am worried he is still chasing a deal that's too rich though. Throw out another 1 year prove it deal and let's keep it rolling. The nice thing about these 1 year deals is you don't have to account for any future money if we do resign some of our own guys during the season. If we want to keep them we can clear cap after the season to do that which is also a nice p[position to be in.
Reply/Quote
I also wouldn't mind Tre Boston who had a nice year last year.
Reply/Quote
Reid is a good player. on a 1 yr prove it deal id bring him in for sure. Tre boston is solid but very much at the level of play of williams and iloka therfor not worth the money to me.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 12:23 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Vomit material

Didn't say i would like it, i want a Center a top DT or one of the top LB's, just saying Gesicki will be a definate thought.
Reply/Quote
Reid or Boston I'll take,I remember kind of wanting vaccaro but he hasn't been much of anything
Reply/Quote
I hear Mike Mitchell is available. He's a hometown kid and would come cheap.

LOL. Sorry, couldn't resist. It would be funny to see him get no offers and have to suck it up to take a deal with a team he talked a lot of shit about.
Reply/Quote
Gimme deshon Elliot in the 3rd and be done with it. Can come up and hit but led the country in picks this season and we need a ballhawk at safety.
Reply/Quote
The safety free agent market is very silent so likely some great value deals will be there after the draft. I say wait and see what our draft brings and then if we need a vet safety, then we find one for a team friendly deal.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 10:28 AM)jj22 Wrote: I'd look at Eric Reid if his price continues to fall.

(03-21-2018, 10:40 AM)Au165 Wrote: I agree with this. I am worried he is still chasing a deal that's too rich though. Throw out another 1 year prove it deal and let's keep it rolling. The nice thing about these 1 year deals is you don't have to account for any future money if we do resign some of our own guys during the season. If we want to keep them we can clear cap after the season to do that which is also a nice p[position to be in.

(03-24-2018, 12:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The safety free agent market is very silent so likely some great value deals will be there after the draft. I say wait and see what our draft brings and then if we need a vet safety, then we find one for a team friendly deal.

I would look at Reid also. Very versatile and I think the bengals were looking at him in his draft year. Could allow to move on from Williams after his contract is up and bring in a ball hawk in the draft
Reply/Quote
Deshon Elliot
Reply/Quote
After more research , I really don't want either of them two I mentioned. Reid I heard can't cover for nothing.and the other guy is horrible at tackling
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 01:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well Reid thinks hes being black balled for protesting....  

Well, when you piss off the people who pay your salary..........
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 10:43 AM)Au165 Wrote: I also wouldn't mind Tre Boston who had a nice year last year.

They were interviewing him on NFL radio this afternoon, he doesn't understand why his phone is not ringing. They did say he was the best of the safeties that are available after they hung up with him.

Lot's of people on here won't agree with this, but I think we already have what could be a great free safety, if they would sign Pac to play the position. Not many have more of an eye for the ball, and moving to safety could give him a few more years...... albeit at a reduced salary until he proves he can play the position.....
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 03:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They were interviewing him on NFL radio this afternoon, he doesn't understand why his phone is not ringing. They did say he was the best of the safeties that are available after they hung up with him.

Lot's of people on here won't agree with this, but I think we already have what could be a great free safety, if they would sign Pac to play the position. Not many have more of an eye for the ball, and moving to safety could give him a few more years...... albeit at a reduced salary until he proves he can play the position.....

I'm not opposed to it, but at the same time the move to safety to save an aging career doesn't work as often as people like to think. I think it could work for pacman, but one issue is manning up on the occasional TE is a serious mismatch at his size.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 03:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They were interviewing him on NFL radio this afternoon, he doesn't understand why his phone is not ringing. They did say he was the best of the safeties that are available after they hung up with him.

He definately has the ball skills and game smarts to a point. But i agree with Au165 here, his size could be a probelm covering TE's.

Also, Adam is not on the team right now i thought?

(03-29-2018, 03:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'm not opposed to it, but at the same time the move to safety to save an aging career doesn't work as often as people like to think. I think it could work for pacman, but one issue is manning up on the occasional TE is a serious mismatch at his size.

I think we may have the answer already on the team and his name is Josh Shaw. Bigger than Adam with ball skills and physicality.
Reply/Quote