Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salary Cap going way up
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 03:05 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:

I may be wrong, but thought 241 million projected, so Bengals would have 75 million to spend in 2024.

That is huge to keep the band together.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 03:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I may be wrong, but thought 241 million projected, so Bengals would have 75 million to spend in 2024.

That is huge to keep the band together.

I thought so as well. Could have added some bounce in Reader & Tee’s step today.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
That Burrow contract is going to look really good in a couple of years.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 03:13 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I thought so as well. Could have added some bounce in Reader & Tee’s step today.

I don't get why some of you guys want to bring Reader back. 

The hang up in Tee's deal is the guaranteed money. The cap rising doesn't change that. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 03:28 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I don't get why some of you guys want to bring Reader back. 

The hang up in Tee's deal is the guaranteed money. The cap rising doesn't change that. 

Hell they could be running out of cash to put aside with Joe and anticipating JaMarr
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
This increase -- which I believe significantly exceeded teams' expectations -- is going to bail out some of the Bengals competitors who were struggling with their caps, being over somewhat or with very little cap space. They may now keep some players they were going to jettison or sign some more free agents. Honest inquiry: Do the Bengals make enough as a franchise that they are delighted with this news, or are they feeling more competitive against big-market/rich-owner teams had there been a lower cap?
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 03:28 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I don't get why some of you guys want to bring Reader back. 

I would agree about Reader if he’s commanding a lot of money. No idea when he can come back and how effective he would be, and when his next injury might be.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
FYI, these kind of massive jumps tend to reset markets. This doesn't help as much as you think as it just means agents will look for bigger deals. What it will do though is for positions that are depressed like HB you could now potentially get one of those more affordably relative tot he cap but a position like WR look for another massive jump there. Jefferson will set that market and Chase will look to break it.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 04:01 PM)Nepa Wrote: This increase -- which I believe significantly exceeded teams' expectations -- is going to bail out some of the Bengals competitors who were struggling with their caps, being over somewhat or with very little cap space. They may now keep some players they were going to jettison or sign some more free agents. Honest inquiry: Do the Bengals make enough as a franchise that they are delighted with this news, or are they feeling more competitive against big-market/rich-owner teams had there been a lower cap?

Who knows? Other teams may be willing to offer even more for free agents.

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 04:04 PM)Au165 Wrote: FYI, these kind of massive jumps tend to reset markets. This doesn't help as much as you think as it just means agents will look for bigger deals. What it will do though is for positions that are depressed like HB you could now potentially get one of those more affordably relative tot he cap but a position like WR look for another massive jump there. Jefferson will set that market and Chase will look to break it.

Good point. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The good news is we got that Burrow deal done as I expect a couple contracts this year for inferior QB's to surpass Burrow's deal this off season, especially now with the cap jump.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 04:07 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Who knows? Other teams may be willing to offer even more for free agents.

Glad they extended Burrow before this news. Wish they could have extended Chase before.

According to reports, the expectation is now that there will be significant cap increases the next several years. Agents and players entering or close to entering free agency are salivating hearing this news.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 03:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: That Burrow contract is going to look really good in a couple of years.

I kinda figured it would, but this big of an increase bodes REALLY well.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Yes, happy we got the Burrow deal done when we did after seeing this. To Weezy about Reader, I would agree if we had a NT on the team
that has shown the ability to stop the run but we don't. Reader shouldn't cost a lot with the injury and his age, bring him back and hope he
can play this year while adding a couple more DT's in the FA and the draft is still my vote and I don't understand the ones wanting to move
on from a proven DT when it is by far the biggest question mark on the team in the trenches this Offseason.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 03:28 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote:
I don't get why some of you guys want to bring Reader back. 

Uh, because he's one of if not the best run stopping DT in the league???
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 04:04 PM)Au165 Wrote: FYI, these kind of massive jumps tend to reset markets. This doesn't help as much as you think as it just means agents will look for bigger deals. What it will do though is for positions that are depressed like HB you could now potentially get one of those more affordably relative tot he cap but a position like WR look for another massive jump there. Jefferson will set that market and Chase will look to break it.

It makes deals like a multi-year 8m APY Noah Fant deal more realistic for the Bengals. As for Chase hopefully the Vikings and Jefferson continue to have issues and Chase gets locked up first.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 04:01 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I would agree about Reader if he’s commanding a lot of money. No idea when he can come back and how effective he would be, and when his next injury might be.

would we sign him before he could pass a physical?
Reply/Quote
New cap numbers for all teams after today's announcement - https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

Bengals sitting 6th most at $74.2 mill with the 2023 rollover of $10.7 mill.

With the new cap numbers, only 7 teams are in the red currently.
One of which is CLE with -$7.7 mill.
BUF is the worst at -$41.3 mill.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 05:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: would we sign him before he could pass a physical?

Reader said his first quad injury was 9 months which would put him ready in September. He also he was alor further along this time than he was for his first quad injury. The Bengals rehabbed him thr first time so they are in perfect position to know when he will be ready for 2024.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote