Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sample over Uzomah?
(08-08-2021, 12:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have looked at multiple draft analysis of him and pretty much every one of them said he was too slow in and out of his breaks and can't catch that well.

I would post the video of the ball hitting him in the face at the combine to show what a poor receiver he is, but that would be like trying to judge a player by one or two of his worst or best plays.

Of the people who watched a lot of film I can't find a single one who ranked Wilcox as high as Sample.

So...let's forget about looking at what he did this past week and go by what he was, because no one can improve. 

Solid plan, my man. Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 12:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That run faster, jump higher, and change direction quicker than MItchell Wilcox's feet.

No.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 01:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Will have to watch your vid cause I don't quite know about that. I like Drew's blocking too much to cut him over Wilcox.

Blocking to blocking and receiving to receiving, from what i've seen recently, Wilcox is more valuable. 

The coaches picked Sample in the 2nd round so they're not likely to drop him that easy, even though they should. 

Wilcox is much more fluid and breaks better than Sample. He's also a much better pass catcher. The preseason will really tell how how much of a chance he really has. 

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 12:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have looked at multiple draft analysis of him and pretty much every one of them said he was too slow in and out of his breaks and can't catch that well.

I would post the video of the ball hitting him in the face at the combine to show what a poor receiver he is, but that would be like trying to judge a player by one or two of his worst or best plays.

Of the people who watched a lot of film I can't find a single one who ranked Wilcox as high as Sample.

I already saw it. If you had any ability to judge anything related to football, you would see that he wasn't looking that way when the ball came in. It plastered him flush in the face and he caught 2 more before he looked to become disoriented. 

That last part wasn't an insult or a dig. For you to post that and relate it to him being a poor receiver shows you don't know what you are looking at.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 04:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Blocking to blocking and receiving to receiving, from what i've seen recently, Wilcox is more valuable. 

The coaches picked Sample in the 2nd round so they're not likely to drop him that easy, even though they should. 

Wilcox is much more fluid and breaks better than Sample. He's also a much better pass catcher. The preseason will really tell how how much of a chance he really has. 

Just watched that part again and yeah, Wilcox ran a nice route and looks much more fluid than Sample who is just a big plodding TE 
that can block well. I can see now what you see. I still don't think they will cut Sample for Wilcox but I get where you are coming
from now. Thaddeus Moss and Uzomah looked the best in those drills of the TE's. Chris Evans sure looks like a stud catching the ball
out of the backfield. Looks uncoverable.
Reply/Quote