Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sanu Drills A 60-Yard Field Goal!
Dude throws touchdown passes and can nail long kicks!

Was without pads on and no defensive rush, but check this out!

He's a Jack-of-all trades! It's unreal! A lot of NFL kickers probably have trouble making that kick!

At least we know we have some insurance if we ever get in a pinch!
Reply/Quote
Sanu is thick for a WR, I'll bet he would be a good safety if we needed him.

As for the kick I give him credit for kicking it with a holder instead of off a tee. Just yesterday i saw ESPN fawning over an Alabama kicker for making a 73 yard FG, but it was off a tee. That makes a huge difference.
Reply/Quote
So he can do everything but beat man coverage.
Cool. Except he's a WR.
Reply/Quote
Chad?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It would be interesting if Sanu went out to kick, I would think all situations of 4th and 3 (or lower) would warrant 1-3 rushing players due to the threat of passing or running, so he wouldn't see to much pressure from the defense.

They should have him take 1-2 FGs in preseason to see.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 03:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just yesterday i saw ESPN fawning over an Alabama kicker for making a 73 yard FG, but it was off a tee.  That makes a huge difference.

That wasn't using a tee, it was with a ball holder (which is supposed to emulate a player holding the ball)

It was an impressive kick, but there was no pressure and who knows how many attempts there were (as in Sanu''s kick as well)
Reply/Quote
Some more Sanu greatness.

https://instagram.com/p/4fkqorJkA2/

(It's Sanu shooting a 50 ft basket shot from his deck in his back yard lol)
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 04:07 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: So he can do everything but beat man coverage.
Cool. Except he's a WR.

So where do you think this team would have been last year without Sanu? Seems to me he spent a good amount of time manning the #1 WR spot while most others were down injured. But hey nothing classier than bashing the guy for it............. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 05:04 PM)OSUfan Wrote: So where do you think this team would have been last year without Sanu? Seems to me he spent a good amount of time manning the #1 WR spot while most others were down injured. But hey nothing classier than bashing the guy for it............. ThumbsUp

I agree with OSU on this one. Wayyy too much Sanu hate for a guy that imo was the MVP of our offense last year. (OTHER THAN HILL OF COURSE)

Sure he has some drops, but he balled out for as long as he could before defenses put their entire gameplan around him.

I'm really excited to see how this year goes for him while he isn't the center of attention.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 05:04 PM)OSUfan Wrote: So where do you think this team would have been last year without Sanu? Seems to me he spent a good amount of time manning the #1 WR spot while most others were down injured. But hey nothing classier than bashing the guy for it............. ThumbsUp

Quick, defend more!
Jesus. 

He was alright but when actually tasked with being a #1 WR, he faded hard down the stretch when he was needed the most. 

Doesn't mean he can magically beat man coverage. Or do you think he can now? 
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 05:08 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Doesn't mean he can magically beat man coverage. Or do you think he can now? 

Oh, I know he can't 95% of the time. That's why hopefully he will remain our 3rd WR haha Tongue

Didn't we draft him to be our short yardage guy anyways?
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 05:12 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Oh, I know he can't 95% of the time. That's why hopefully he will remain our 3rd WR haha Tongue

Didn't we draft him to be our short yardage guy anyways?

I think we wanted a TJ 2.0

Sanu's inconsistent hands and inability to beat man coverage though are a big concern. He'd better be careful or he may end up the 4th WR sooner rather than later.

I was one of the biggest Sanu fans in the draft. But his development in the NFL has been near non-existent. 
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 05:19 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I think we wanted a TJ 2.0

Sanu's inconsistent hands and inability to beat man coverage though are a big concern. He'd better be careful or he may end up the 4th WR sooner rather than later.

I was one of the biggest Sanu fans in the draft. But his development in the NFL has been near non-existent. 

Who would beat him out for 3rd WR?  Wright?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 09:36 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Who would beat him out for 3rd WR?  Wright?

Moore, wright, or Alford could challenge.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 09:46 PM)J24 Wrote: Moore, wright, or Alford could challenge.

Alford needs to beat Tate out first before he beats Sanu.

Don't think that they won't keep a familiar face.

(Incoming Geathers was just cut though posts)
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 09:36 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Who would beat him out for 3rd WR?  Wright?

Moore. 
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 05:19 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I think we wanted a TJ 2.0

I mean if you put it in perspective he has improved statistically every single year since he has been drafted. Did he have trouble being the only legitimate receiving option most of the time last year? Sure. But I think it's too early to write him off a 4th option at WR.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 12:58 AM)treee Wrote: I mean if you put it in perspective he has improved statistically every single year since he has been drafted. Did he have trouble being the only legitimate receiving option most of the time last year? Sure. But I think it's too early to write him off a 4th option at WR.

Getting statistically better isn't necessarily developing. If you aren't good at something but just do it more...are you really better at it?

What area of football has he actually gotten better with skill and not just increased volume? 
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 11:19 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Alford needs to beat Tate out first before he beats Sanu.

Don't think that they won't keep a familiar face.

(Incoming Geathers was just cut though posts)
I don't think he's going to beat out Sanu but given his size and quickness I imagine he is a better fit than either wright or Moore in the slot. Also Burkhead might be good in the slot.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 01:02 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Getting statistically better isn't necessarily developing. If you aren't good at something but just do it more...are you really better at it?

What area of football has he actually gotten better with skill and not just increased volume? 

I think you might be being a little tough on Mo. I've always been a Mo fan but i realize he's never going to be a #1 type WR in the long run. He's big and uses his body and hands well. Speaking of hands...the only thing i see he needs to correct is the drops. He is and always will be a solid #2/#3, depending on the circumstances. 

Separation is overrated. As long as you know how to use positioning and you can catch the ball away from your body, you're good. He's able to do those things. Knowledge is the biggest thing he should and will continue to draw from as he progresses year to year. It's on the Bengals to use him properly. If someone envisions him being their #1 and continuing to develop into that role, they're more than likely going to be disappointed. 

His versatility is a huge plus for him as well. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote