Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sanu to Patriots (AJ Green Related)
(10-22-2019, 08:31 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Best player set to be a free agent for a team that’s looking at a 4-5 year rebuild. 

There is no such thing as a 4-5 year rebuild in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Does anyone know for sure the Bengals didnt give an offer for AJ and the Patriots just werent buying and decided to go another route?

We aren't informed of every phone call between franchises...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 10:03 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: They got a 2nd round pick for Sanu!?!?

Good Lord...

AJ Green's value just increased to 3 first round picks.

What do you mean? Sanu is the best qb of all time..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 08:54 PM)Synric Wrote: Does anyone know for sure the Bengals didnt give an offer for AJ and the Patriots just werent buying and decided to go another route?

Unknown. It's all speculation. A 2nd seems like a lot of Sanu though. I saw speculation that Green would get a 2nd.

But, Green hasn't played yet this year. It would be risky for a team to give up a 1st for him. Actually he hasn't even fully practiced.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 08:54 PM)Synric Wrote: Does anyone know for sure the Bengals didnt give an offer for AJ and the Patriots just werent buying and decided to go another route?

What would the Patriots want with a guy who can not even play?
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 02:46 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Isn't AJ a free agent after this season? I think people forget this when evaluating Green's value. Yes, with a multiple years still left on his contract, Green would be worth at least a 1st round draft pick. But I don't think ANY team is going to spend anything above a 4th rounder for 6-8 games of AJ Green.

Some teams, unlike the Bengals, play the game for rings.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 09:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You don't trade your best player. AJ has said he does not want to be traded. The Bengals have said they are not trading him..... let it go..... Dead Horse  Dead Horse  Dead Horse  Dead Horse

they said the same thing about Carson Palmer. I know the situation is different, but with the right offer anyone is expendable.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 11:46 AM)hotweales Wrote: they said the same thing about Carson Palmer. I know the situation is different, but with the right offer anyone is expendable.

Carson forced their hand... And they were still stubborn enough to let him sit til Hue Jackson came calling.

AJ Green hasnt done that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Guess this move means Brady is finished.

Good QBs don't need good WRs. They can just "elevate" any scrub to greatnes.

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 09:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You don't trade your best player. AJ has said he does not want to be traded. The Bengals have said they are not trading him..... let it go..... Dead Horse  Dead Horse  Dead Horse  Dead Horse

You don't trade your often injured aging vet that has yet to be extended when the team is clealy in need of a top down rebuild.

Correct.  Why bother bringing in youth at a much lower cost in an attempt to rebuild a team that's going no where when you can throw a suitcase full of money at one guy.

I love AJ and would hate to lose such a great player but this teams not going anywhere and this one guy isn't lifting this team to playoff contenders by himself when he gets back 
Reply/Quote