Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sanu= virtually no chance he will resign with the Bengals
(02-19-2016, 04:05 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Micro fracture surgery isn't the career killer it used to be. Burfict just came back better than ever and Kelce in KC is doing just fine after his a couple years ago.

As to fast 7th rounders, nobody is asking somebody to come in and be a Julio Jones, we already have Green for that. We just need compliment guys to Green and Eifert. 

Let me know the WRs who have successful careers after being late round picks and microfracture surgery. 

I bet that list is really short. 

I agree we need a compliment to Green. But we need it now. Without it our O falls off big time.
Reply/Quote
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/19/report-virtually-no-chance-mohamed-sanu-will-re-sign-with-the-bengals/

Wanting a bigger role, thinking the grass greener, etc.

Can't sayI blame him, but is he really that coveted? If he does have to go i woul like to see him go to NY and go back to home state he played at.

I think boldin would more than be capable of filling his shoes on a 2 year contract and drafting someone early within next 2 years
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There's already a thread on this topic, just a few threads down from yours.

Mod please merge?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
damn damn damn, why did A. Dalton have to get hurt. At least marvin and sanu could have seen what they could have done here when healthy.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 01:43 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Besides, all of that aside, it isn't like Marvin Jones is even that good of a deep threat. The longest catch in his career happened in 2015, which was a 47 yards (non-TD). 47 yards puts him tied for 108th for player's longest reception in 2015. His 12.9 yards per catch isn't exactly mindblowing.

Wow, can you believe that Leonardleap would cherry pick and twist stats to make a bengal look bad?  Nothing like that has ever happened before. Rolleyes 

The fact is that Marvin Jones finished 21st in the league in receptions over 40 yards and 29th in receptions of 20+ yards.  Considering that there are 32 teams in the league that puts him in line with most #1 WRs.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 07:41 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/19/report-virtually-no-chance-mohamed-sanu-will-re-sign-with-the-bengals/

Wanting a bigger role, thinking the grass greener, etc.

Can't sayI blame him, but is he really that coveted?  If he does have to go i woul like to see him go to NY and go back to home state he played at.

I think boldin would more than be capable of filling his shoes on a 2 year contract and drafting someone early within next 2 years

He had his chance for a bigger role two years ago when Marvin Jones was hurt and he blew it. Sanu should be very well aware of what his role is and where his ceiling is it. He couldn't hack it as our #2.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Good I like Mo but hes easily replaceable.. Just means we focus more on resigning Marvin Jones.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 05:18 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Probably going to draft Miller at #1.

Don't know if I can get behind drafting a third rounder in the first, no matter what Kiper says.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 09:29 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: There's already a thread on this topic, just a few threads down from yours.

Mod please merge?

I saw that, I suppose that's what happens when I wake up and post at the wee hours of the morning. 

Next time get the coffee first, then post. 
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 10:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Wow, can you believe that Leonardleap would cherry pick and twist stats to make a bengal look bad?  Nothing like that has ever happened before. Rolleyes 

The fact is that Marvin Jones finished 21st in the league in receptions over 40 yards and 29th in receptions of 20+ yards.  Considering that there are 32 teams in the league that puts him in line with most #1 WRs.

Wow, can you believe that Fredtoast would only pick one point of a person's post and ignore the rest of it? Nothing like that has ever happened before. Rolleyes

The fact is that Marvin Jones still only averaged 12.6 yards per reception in 2015 despite having 4 catches of 40+ yards. Here's the other players he's tied with and their yards per catch.

Malcolm Floyd   18.7
DeSean Jackson  17.6
Rishard Mathews  15.4
Marvin Jones  12.6
Demaryius Thomas  12.4

The only person he beat in average is a 105 / 1,304 receiver who had the lowest average of his career due to noodle armed Manning. The rest crushed him.

Among WR/TE with at least 32 catches (so 2 a game, made it a relatively high bar to try to preemptively prevent at lest a little of your whining, a potential pool of 103 players), Marvin Jones' 12.6 average is 50th. Or right smack dab in the mediocre middle of okay #2 territory.

He's not a bad #2, he's just simply not a great deep threat. Not sure how you can argue a guy who's longest catch of his career is a non-scoring 47 yarder is a great deep threat.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
We're going to see significant turnover with the roster. Hopefully people won't be surprised. With the way the season ended and losing coaches/new coaches, we are rebuilding. Right now of course all of our focus and resources are going to re-signing Vinnie Rey. He's likely the one free agent we still have a shot of getting a deal done with and from the sounds of it we are willing to back the brink truck up to his door steps. It's likely we'll lose everyone else (Nelson, Iloka, Marvin Jones) if the tag isn't used. As usual I hope we are proactive instead of reactive. Meaning lets not wait for all our free agents to sign elsewhere before we look for replacements in a market that no doubt will be picked through by time we realize we aren't getting key players back. Hopefully they have a plan. I don't have much faith.

It's a new era. Even if Marvin is still around for yet another reboot.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I can't believe nobody mentioned the fact that Sanu has the greatest QB rating in history.
Reply/Quote
To all that keep saying just replace him and Jones in the draft or FA, let me help you out a bit. The top WR's in FA

Alshon Jeffrey (Will be tagged)
Marvin Jones
Rishard Matthews
Travis Benjamin (Supposedly Cleveland is resigning)
Jermaine Kearse

Do any of those guys seem like good replacements? Maybe Matthews however he may be out of our price range. The thing is if we lose Sanu and Jones we have to replace both and options are limited. Are we really confident a rookie WR or two will come in and be ready to go early on? I think we must keep one, I don't even care who at this point, but we must keep one and draft another.
Reply/Quote
Numbers-wise, Sanu is the best QB we have. Mellow
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Good receivers are pretty easy to come by (at least more so than most other positions).

I'm not to worried if both guys walk.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 11:40 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Good receivers are pretty easy to come by (at least more so than most other positions).

I'm not to worried if both guys walk.

I'm kind of in the same boat. No issues if Sanu leaves. If MLJ leaves, I'd like to see one of Nate Washington, Rishard Matthews, or even Brian Quick brought in to be a WR2 opposite of AJ Green.
Then, look to draft 1-2 WRs to boost roster depth and plan for the future.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 01:15 AM)J24 Wrote: I think he is better than what his numbers would indicate. It's tough to get numbers when there are so many other weapons around you.

I agree as well..
He would sometimes help provide a spark when we needed one. From all the free agents, I seriously thought he would stay from the dedication he had and all those custom cleats he had made.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I'm not one of those guys that turns on every player that leaves, but I wasn't particularly impressed with Sanu.

The Bengals should be more focused on signing MLJ anyway. If they lose both though, they really need to be serious about finding a good replacement.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 10:36 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Wow, can you believe that Fredtoast would only pick one point of a person's post and ignore the rest of it? Nothing like that has ever happened before. Rolleyes

The fact is that Marvin Jones still only averaged 12.6 yards per reception in 2015 despite having 4 catches of 40+ yards. Here's the other players he's tied with and their yards per catch.

Malcolm Floyd   18.7
DeSean Jackson  17.6
Rishard Mathews  15.4
Marvin Jones  12.6
Demaryius Thomas  12.4

The only person he beat in average is a 105 / 1,304 receiver who had the lowest average of his career due to noodle armed Manning. The rest crushed him.

Among WR/TE with at least 32 catches (so 2 a game, made it a relatively high bar to try to preemptively prevent at lest a little of your whining, a potential pool of 103 players), Marvin Jones' 12.6 average is 50th. Or right smack dab in the mediocre middle of okay #2 territory.

He's not a bad #2, he's just simply not a great deep threat. Not sure how you can argue a guy who's longest catch of his career is a non-scoring 47 yarder is a great deep threat.

So if we lose sanu and marvin jones, who besides aj green do we have to go somewhat "deep"? (20+ yards)

I get what youre saying by bringing out statistics, but numbers dont always tell the full story. 
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 12:29 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not really a big loss here.

Sanu's last 20 games (postseason included): 56 / 604 / 1

This is probably why the Bengals haven't tried to talk to him about an extension. The guy is averaging roughly 3/30/0 a game for the last 20 games. That is the very definition of replaceable. Even if they kept Jones, they needed to get a WR in the draft. If they lose Jones, they just need to get a second one from the draft or FA.

AJ, Gio, and Eifert will still be there.

still makes us way too thin... Gio and Eifert have missed games... AJ has as a whole been healthy.... I understand not signing both.. but losing both would be a step back for these offense... especially as thin as WR core is out there in FA and unsure how a draft pick is going to develop.  Signing Jones a much greater importance .
Reply/Quote