Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sanu= virtually no chance he will resign with the Bengals
(02-19-2016, 01:20 AM)Gohards Wrote: Aj, jones, and sanu are our only somewhat deep threats we have. Eifert can go deep sometimes but TEs probably arent catching the ball at 20+ yards.

Losing jones and sanu will lose the deep ball

Not so sure that the team would be willing to part ways with both Jones and Sanu.  I believe that all of this business about Sanu not wanting to re-sign with the Bengals, and then the rumors of Jones softening his stance on the "7M or bust" idea, is just he writing on the wall that the team is going to get the deal done with Jones, and only offer Sanu a very modest deal.

Who says that TEs can't go deep and catch the ball?  Eifert runs a really nice deep post, and has really good hands.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 05:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm not sure what is up with all the Boldin love. Are people serious? Boldin is done. This isn't 2011.
He's a sure handed vet that isn't afraid to go across the middle and he could help mentor the young WR's.
No it's not 2011 and this is not the train wreck that is the Gold Diggers.
He will actually have a fairly accurate QB throwing him the ball if he were to be signed in Cincy.
If he would have been on a team with a QB he probably would have posted another 1000 yard season last year.
I'm not dead set on Boldin but he seems to fit the mold of what the team will need should it lose both MJ and Sanu.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 05:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm not sure what is up with all the Boldin love. Are people serious? Boldin is done. This isn't 2011.

2012- 65-921-4
2013- 85-1179-7
2014- 83-1062-5
2015- 69-789-4

Boldin has had some of his finest seasons since 2011, so I'm not sure why you picked that year. 

Heck, last year his production was on par with MLJ's despite a terrible situation at QB. Is he close to the end? Sure. Did he look washed up last year? Nope. We could do much worse for a one year stop-gap.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
FWIW I don't like the wording Sanu used

"Sanu: virtually no chance he will resign with the Bengals"

It's makes it seem like he wants out of here bad.

Jones on the other hand was far more classy.

**** Sanu. Go be a Brown

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 08:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Who says that TEs can't go deep and catch the ball?  Eifert runs a really nice deep post, and has really good hands.

And i get that, i really do. The only problem is you cant put eifert out wide on the opposite side of Green and work all the time.

I am feeling percy harvin. If we also lose pacman, percy can bring kick/punt returning skills that we could lack. Only problem is he is locker room cancer
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 01:15 AM)J24 Wrote: I think he is better than what his numbers would indicate. It's tough to get numbers when there are so many other weapons around you.

100% agree, but he will never be more than a #3 here.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 08:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 2012- 65-921-4
2013- 85-1179-7
2014- 83-1062-5
2015- 69-789-4

Boldin has had some of his finest seasons since 2011, so I'm not sure why you picked that year. 

Heck, last year his production was on par with MLJ's despite a terrible situation at QB. Is he close to the end? Sure. Did he look washed up last year? Nope. We could do much worse for a one year stop-gap.

He offers next to nothing as a deep threat.

Sure, I'd like to have him cheap and use him as a 3rd down option, but there's no way he's a good replacement for Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 12:51 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: He offers next to nothing as a deep threat.

Sure, I'd like to have him cheap and use him as a 3rd down option, but there's no way he's a good replacement for Marvin.

Fwiw, Marvin had 13 catches of 20+ yards last year, with a long of 47.

Boldin had 10 catches of 20+ yards with a long of 51.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 12:51 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: He offers next to nothing as a deep threat.

That's what Alford and the two rookie draft picks are for. Personally I would love to see Doctson out of TCU and another speedy WR drafted.
Boldin is a vet that can move inside and play the slot on 3rd down if the need arises.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 01:01 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fwiw, Marvin had 13 catches of 20+ yards last year, with a long of 47.

Boldin had 10 catches of 20+ yards with a long of 51.

Which is why 40 times aren't everything.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
You guys pretty much covered what he is to Cincy. To me, he'd be an over payed backup or if they were to pay him market value he'd be the guy you wish you had replaced every year. Jones was a pretty solid deep threat, when he's hurt they miss him. Not so much for Sanu, I don't know that resigning him "solves" anything beyond continuity, blocking (which Marvin highly values) and the rare Wildcat/end around/passes...so we're really digging. If they keep Jones they still may draft a WR by mid rounds or sign a cheap vet on his last legs or showcasing himself. If Jones leaves, they sign a descent vet and draft a rookie. He seems destined for the Browns where they value guys that like the slot but can't separate.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 02:47 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Well the coaching staff loves Wright and Alford, so time to see if those guys can play and what we get in the draft (maybe another former QB that can do what Mo does).

Braxton Miller is Sanu +1

I've been curious to see where he goes.  He has the speed which will put him in the top 3 rounds IMHO.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 12:38 AM)Gohards Wrote: And i get that, i really do. The only problem is you cant put eifert out wide on the opposite side of Green and work all the time.

I am feeling percy harvin. If we also lose pacman, percy can bring kick/punt returning skills that we could lack. Only problem is he is locker room cancer

So you think a oft injured locker room cancer is a better option than lining Eifert out wide every down?

Just no.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 12:38 AM)Gohards Wrote: And i get that, i really do. The only problem is you cant put eifert out wide on the opposite side of Green and work all the time.

If we're just looking for someone fast, with decent hands, that can take some of the focus off of AJ Green, and maybe offer some return skills;  I'm sure that we could find that in any number of rookie WRs in the middle rounds, without the high price tag or the headaches associated with a known "locker room cancer".

Sorry, but I just can't get on board with Percy Harvin.  But, if you insist on looking at established NFL players in free agency, think about Roddy White.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 09:51 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: So you think a oft injured locker room cancer is a better option than lining Eifert out wide every down?

Just no.

Yeah, lets put our TE out wide every play see how well that does us. 
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 11:41 AM)Gohards Wrote: Yeah, lets put our TE out wide every play see how well that does us. 

Let's give a bunch of money to a broken basket case and see how well that does us.

Eifert may not have the raw speed to play outside all the time, but he'd produce more than a guy who can't stay on the ***** field.

Derp.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 11:57 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Let's give a bunch of money to a broken basket case and see how well that does us.

Eifert may not have the raw speed to play outside all the time, but he'd produce more than a guy who can't stay on the ***** field.

Derp.

Since when do the bengals offer "a bunch of money" for FAs?
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 11:41 AM)Gohards Wrote: Yeah, lets put our TE out wide every play see how well that does us. 

To be fair with the versatility of Hewitt and if Kroft can continue to improve in blocking then this becomes an realistic option.
Reply/Quote
Sanu was a reliable guy who was there every week. /END of my description of him.

If he and Marvin Jones had flipped draft positions nobody would be surprised at their performances. One guy far exceeded his draft spot (Jones), the other guy never met those lofty expectations despite being put in position to (Sanu). It's a results business. Sign Jones for $6-7M/per and let Sanu walk. Draft another young guy who can work all around the field, blocks, etc. and get back to Eifert & Green.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2016, 11:28 PM)Gohards Wrote: http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/cincinnati-bengals-moham-sanu-will-not-resign-021816

Sanus agent, and the Cincinnati Bengals have not even spoke about signing a contract.

Does this make Marvin Jones a must sign? If they both leave, are we in trouble?

Ridiculous. Let's see how the season pans out. I just hope either Sanu or Jones stay. 
Reply/Quote