Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Saturday @ 4:30 vs Tennessee
(01-17-2022, 03:57 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: There is one game that does not have Brady, Rodgers, or Mahomes.  It should not take a genius to figure the primetime slots will go to those guys. 

this guy gets it
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 10:33 AM)motoarch Wrote: This has been explained to death.

Advertisers decide what we see. 

Be honest with yourself; would most of the nation rather see Tennessee and Cincinnati.  2 teams with little fan base outside their immediate market or Green Bay vs. San Fransisco.

Let's stop whining about it and just be happy our team is competing for a chance to go the the AFC championship.  And hey if they make it to the Super Bowl I promise you guys we'll get a good time slot for that game.

Yes. This has as much to do with Tennessee as Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 10:26 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Need a divorce attorney?

Haha right also my wife is 7 months pregnant and I’m bringing my 2 year old son because he’s in the wedding, nightmarish stuff. “ I’m gonna bring the ipad and say it for the baby “ my only chance. I’m from New England so it’s not even like there’s Bengals fans there going through the same thing.
Reply/Quote
I dig the 4:30 sat slot.
Reply/Quote
Got my tickets and Hotel...WHO DEY!
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 10:36 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yes. This has as much to do with Tennessee as Cincinnati.

The Bengals have been ratings monsters this year. The lack of primetime slot is because of TN. 

I said it once and I'll say it again, their fans are lame. They don't care about the Titans. I went to a game a few years ago and the fans couldn't be less into it. It reminded me a lot of the Raiders game earlier this year I went to. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
At least 4:30 Saturday gives optimal time to recover from binge-drinking after celebrating a win.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 10:50 AM)samhain Wrote: At least 4:30 Saturday gives optimal time to recover from binge-drinking after celebrating a win.

And by the responses we witnessed here on Sunday, this board could definitely use the extra time.

As someone said upthread, we have the only game without Brady, Rodgers or Mahomes, so it figures we get the 4:30 Saturday slot.  Hey, fine with me.  In a way, it's nice that we again get to kick off the festivities.  The playoffs begin with the Bengals, just like last week, so getcha popcorn ready! 

[Image: terrell-owens-bengals-2010.jpg?itok=tFkFU98q]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I enjoy the 4:30 Saturday time. I don't have to worry about the kiddo staying up overly late, I don't have work the next day, and I can enjoy the game with some food at just the right time.

Who Dey down with the Titans!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:17 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I enjoy the 4:30 Saturday time. I don't have to worry about the kiddo staying up overly late, I don't have work the next day, and I can enjoy the game with some food at just the right time.

Who Dey down with the Titans!

Same, only reason I would want it on Sunday would be the additional day of rest for the team.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:21 AM)M.W. Wrote: Same, only reason I would want it on Sunday would be the additional day of rest for the team.

Excellent point to not be overlooked and more important than any of our preferences. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 10:58 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: And by the responses we witnessed here on Sunday, this board could definitely use the extra time.

As someone said upthread, we have the only game without Brady, Rodgers or Mahomes, so it figures we get the 4:30 Saturday slot.  Hey, fine with me.  In a way, it's nice that we again get to kick off the festivities.  The playoffs begin with the Bengals, just like last week, so getcha popcorn ready! 

[Image: terrell-owens-bengals-2010.jpg?itok=tFkFU98q]

I'm not mad.  I have to go to work at 4 am on Monday.  I'll take the early Saturday game every time.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 03:15 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not enough yet!

Hilarious

Buy one or two and help a cripple out!

So...the line is usually "help a brotha out". So for you, wouldn't that be "help a bripple out"?   Wink

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 10:33 AM)motoarch Wrote: This has been explained to death.

Advertisers decide what we see. 

Be honest with yourself; would most of the nation rather see Tennessee and Cincinnati.  2 teams with little fan base outside their immediate market or Green Bay vs. San Fransisco.

Let's stop whining about it and just be happy our team is competing for a chance to go the the AFC championship.  And hey if they make it to the Super Bowl I promise you guys we'll get a good time slot for that game.

I think you missed the ninja. Just to be clear, i was being 100% facetious in my post. There's no doubt that the Bills/Chiefs game is the bigger draw on Sat and both NFC games are bigger draws on Sunday. I actually like the Sat @ 4:30 spot anyway. 

ThumbsUp

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 12:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So...the line is usually "help a brotha out". So for you, wouldn't that be "help a bripple out"?   Wink

Never thought about that but I'm digging it!

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I would have preferred a Sunday game simply because one more day might mean a lot towards getting Hendrickson back. Maybe not so much with Ogunjobi, but an extra day would be huge for Trey.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 12:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think you missed the ninja. Just to be clear, i was being 100% facetious in my post. There's no doubt that the Bills/Chiefs game is the bigger draw on Sat and both NFC games are bigger draws on Sunday. I actually like the Sat @ 4:30 spot anyway. 

ThumbsUp

Sometimes I'm dumb.
Reply/Quote
I think the time slot is about them being both east coast teams.; the only game with both EC.

Bills at Chiefs
49rs at Packers
Arizona vs ....

and if we don't get healthy on the defensive line we are screwed.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 10:00 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Ugh I got my brother-in-laws wedding that day at that exact time. I was praying for Sunday or at least an 830 kickoff. My wife already told me don’t ruin the wedding everyone pray for me.

Get one of those at home COVID tests and draw the extra line in with a red pen.  Wink
Reply/Quote
This is about the perfect time slot for fans traveling for the game but not wanting/able to take time off work Friday/Monday.
Travel into town Friday night or Saturday morning, go to game in the mid-afternoon, then enjoy Nashville at night.
Go back home Sunday.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote