Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saudi Prince Recognizes Israel’s Right To Exist
https://www.dailywire.com/news/29076/kushners-big-win-saudi-prince-recognizes-israels-ben-shapiro

Big win for Trump admin and Kushner. Seems an alliance is forming to thwart Iran. Nice to see.

Quote:KUSHNER’S BIG WIN: Saudi Prince Recognizes Israel’s Right To Exist
Ben ShapiroApril 4, 2018
Jared Kushner
MANDEL NGAN/AFP/Getty Images
Saudi Arabia has spent the last 60 years refusing to recognize the existence of the state of Israel. But on Tuesday, all of that changed: new Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman stated openly that Israel had a right to exist, and talked about the possibility of future ties between the two countries. Speaking with Jeffrey Goldberg of The Atlantic, Prince Mohammed explained, “I believe that each people, anywhere, has a right to live in their peaceful nation. I believe the Palestinians and the Israelis have the right to have their own land.” He added, for clarification, “We have religious concerns about the fate of the holy mosque in Jerusalem and about the rights of the Palestinian people. This is what we have. We don’t have any objection against any other people.” He also admitted, “there are a lot of interests we share with Israel.”

This is the first time in Saudi history that such a statement has been made.

It follows hard on the Saudi decision to allow Air India to fly to Tel Aviv through Saudi airspace, as well as a November meeting between Palestinian Authority dictator Mahmoud Abbas and the Saudi regime that ended with Salman proposing a peace plan that would give Palestinians a state “but only noncontiguous parts of the West Bank and only limited sovereignty over their own territory. The vast majority of Israeli settlements in the West Bank, which most of the world considers illegal, would remain. The Palestinians would not be given East Jerusalem as their capital and there would be no right of return for Palestinian refugees and their descendants,” according to The New York Times.

Clearly a thaw is taking place between Israel and the Saudis. Part of that is undoubtedly their common interest in stopping the rise of the Iranian empire that now stretches from Iran through Syria and to Lebanon, and which could soon encompass Yemen. But part of it is also savvy diplomacy from President Trump’s special advisor and son-in-law, Jared Kushner. According to CNN, Kushner and Salman “have fostered a close relationship for months.” Kushner’s efforts on that front may have helped undercut the possibility of serious Arab violence in the wake of the Trump Administration’s decision to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem in Israel. Kushner reportedly brokered that outcome by working around Rex Tillerson’s State Department.

Salman’s statement is another win on this front for the administration and for Kushner in particular. And the possibility of a Saudi-Egyptian-Jordanian-Israeli alliance in the Middle East is looking stronger than ever.
I don’t trust anything that weasel Kushner is involved in.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Seems like a trap of some sort. I wonder if Iran is cool with it?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(04-04-2018, 10:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seems like a trap of some sort.  I wonder if Iran is cool with it?

Or a large portion of the Muslim population in the Middle East.
(04-04-2018, 09:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don’t trust anything that weasel Kushner is involved in.

Nothing in that article establishes that Kushner is behind anything.

A new, yournger, western educated leader is making a wide range of changes in Saudi Arabia at the moment--for his own reasons.

There is no objective indication that any of this is Kushner's doing, if the recognition of Israel becomes official. And it is far too soon to judge whether that recognition will have positive consequences for the Middle East and the US.

The only record we have so far of Kushner's ME performance is his support for the absurd embargo on our ally, Qatar, home to the largest US Airbase in the ME. 

And if he "brokered" the move of the US embassy to Jerusalem by going around the US secretary of state, that is hardly a positive. What would it say about the organization of an NFL team if we learned that the defensive line coach (hired though he had never actually played football or coached before) signed a 2nd round pick by going around the general manager?
(04-04-2018, 07:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: https://www.dailywire.com/news/29076/kushners-big-win-saudi-prince-recognizes-israels-ben-shapiro

Big win for Trump admin and Kushner.  Seems an alliance is forming to thwart Iran.  Nice to see.  

You know about the Daily Wire, but do you  know anything about Ben Shapiro, Lucy?
(04-05-2018, 10:50 AM)Dill Wrote: You know about the Daily Wire, but do you  know anything about Ben Shapiro, Lucy?

I do.

This is a story from the atlantic
(04-05-2018, 10:50 AM)Dill Wrote: You know about the Daily Wire, but do you  know anything about Ben Shapiro, Lucy?

(04-05-2018, 11:56 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I do.

This is a story from the atlantic

Actually you just proved that you do not.

The interview in The Atlantic was brilliant.  Goldberg asked some very pointed questions and MbS is a master at rhetoric.  But the Prince did not once mention Kushner or Trump. Obviously the Prince would agree with anyone who wants to oppose Iran (see: Israel) but here is what he said when asked if Trump understood the Iranian situation better than Obama. 

Goldberg: I’m curious about Donald Trump and Barack Obama on this issue. It seems you think Donald Trump has a better understanding of this issue than Barack Obama.

MbS: Both of them understand it. I believe that President Obama had different tactics. President Obama believed that if he gave Iran opportunities to open up, it would change. But with a regime based on this ideology, it will not open up soon. 

Not a single word of praise for Trump or Kushner.

Also when Shapiro made this comment "Kushner’s efforts on that front may have helped undercut the possibility of serious Arab violence in the wake of the Trump Administration’s decision to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem in Israel. Kushner reportedly brokered that outcome by working around Rex Tillerson’s State Department."  Who did you think he "brokered" a deal between?  Kushner went around Tillerson to get his wife's dad to agree with him on moving the embassy to Jerusalem.  Jared's "efforts" had zero influence on how the Arabs reacted. 
(04-05-2018, 08:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote:   Who did you think he "brokered" a deal between?  Kushner went around Tillerson to get his wife's dad to agree with him on moving the embassy to Jerusalem.  Jared's "efforts" had zero influence on how the Arabs reacted. 

This.

Shapiro was just trying to frame Kushner into a narrative of effective, behind-the-scenes Middle East diplomacy.
Trump supporters only need a few vaguely associated events connected by Kushner's name and he's accomplished his mission.

LOL "win for Kushner."
(04-05-2018, 11:37 PM)Dill Wrote: This.

Shapiro was just trying to frame Kushner into a narrative of effective, behind-the-scenes Middle East diplomacy.
Trump supporters only need a few vaguely associated events connected by Kushner's name and he's accomplished his mission.

LOL "win for Kushner."

That’s odd because he blasts Kushner on a fairly regular basis on his podcast. So I doubt he is a. Kushner or trump shill.
(04-06-2018, 02:06 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That’s odd because he blasts Kushner on a fairly regular basis on his podcast.  So I doubt he is a. Kushner or trump shill.

And yet--a win for Kushner.
(04-06-2018, 02:40 AM)Dill Wrote: And yet--a win for Kushner.

Since his “issue” from the beginning of the administration has been ME relations, yes he gets acknowledged when positive steps are made...
Really, this is just MBS. He has been working on being better with Israel for years. I just wish he would clean up their act on human rights, issues. Then I could get on board with him. He is making some very surface level reforms but isn't getting at the deep problems in the Saudi state.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(04-06-2018, 10:27 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Since his “issue” from the beginning of the administration has been ME relations, yes he gets acknowledged when positive steps are made...

... and apparently whether he has an actual hand in making them or not.

Did he have a role in the Qatar embargo? They turned down his loan, remember.
(04-05-2018, 10:44 AM)Dill Wrote: Nothing in that article establishes that Kushner is behind anything.

A new, yournger, western educated leader is making a wide range of changes in Saudi Arabia at the moment--for his own reasons.

There is no objective indication that any of this is Kushner's doing, if the recognition of Israel becomes official. And it is far too soon to judge whether that recognition will have positive consequences for the Middle East and the US.

The only record we have so far of Kushner's ME performance is his support for the absurd embargo on our ally, Qatar, home to the largest US Airbase in the ME. 

And if he "brokered" the move of the US embassy to Jerusalem by going around the US secretary of state, that is hardly a positive. What would it say about the organization of an NFL team if we learned that the defensive line coach (hired though he had never actually played football or coached before) signed a 2nd round pick by going around the general manager?
Where did MbS obtain this western education
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(04-06-2018, 07:33 PM)Dill Wrote: ... and apparently whether he has an actual hand in making them or not.

Did he have a role in the Qatar embargo? They turned down his loan, remember.

Qatar is a terrible place. I do not care about whatever base we have there, they enslave foreign workers, as far as I am concerned they are scum.
(04-06-2018, 11:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Qatar is a terrible place.   I do not care about whatever base we have there, they enslave foreign workers, as far as I am concerned they are scum.

Jeezus. What a rationalization for Kushner's misuse of office.

Americans "enslave" foreign workers too. Are we all "scum"??

The base is a key to the US ability to project power in the Middle East--e.g., to bomb Isis in Syria or check Iran.

The bombing missions in Afghanistan fly from Qatar. 

Most of those enslaved workers come from "shithole" countries. The US presence in Qatar brings pressure to address human rights violations.
If I remember correctly, you wouldn't want those workers coming to the US. But if Qatar treats them badly they are scum???
(04-06-2018, 11:36 PM)Dill Wrote: Jeezus. What a rationalization for Kushner's misuse of office.

Americans "enslave" foreign workers too. Are we all "scum"??

The base is a key to the US ability to project power in the Middle East--e.g., to bomb Isis in Syria or check Iran.

The bombing missions in Afghanistan fly from Qatar. 

Most of those enslaved workers come from "shithole" countries. The US presence in Qatar brings pressure to address human rights violations.
If I remember correctly, you wouldn't want those workers coming to the US. But if Qatar treats them badly they are scum???

Where did MBS obtain his western education?

Comparing the US to Qatar IRT foreign workers tells all I need to know about your assessments. 

(04-07-2018, 12:07 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Where did MBS obtain his western education?

Comparing the US to Qatar IRT foreign workers tells all I need to know about your assessments. 

Something in my post triggered a grand, satisfied, but inarticulate judgment. 

What exactly are you agreeing and disagreeing with?

You don't care if we have base in Qatar so its ok if Kushner generates an embargo while 11,000 US service members are there?

Who is MBS? What is an IRT foreign worker?

You don't think there enslaved workers in the US? 

You thought the point of my post was to compare Qatar to the US and free-associated from there?
(04-07-2018, 12:27 AM)Dill Wrote: Something in my post triggered a grand, satisfied, but inarticulate judgment. 

What exactly are you agreeing and disagreeing with?

You don't care if we have base in Qatar so its ok if Kushner generates an embargo while 11,000 US service members are there?

Who is MBS?

You don't think there enslaved workers in the US? 

You thought the point of my post was to compare Qatar to the US and free-associated from there?

Dude you asked 5 questions without answering my one.

Let's try this: You answer my 1 and I will entertain your 5.