Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Save us Eric Bienemy - You're our only hope!
Hue will be more of the same. Marvin is stale!

MB only seems to hire people he is familiar with. Eric Bienemy is a former Bengals RB...and a hot HC candidate as he is the Chiefs offensive coordinator. He is creative. He figures out ways to get the ball to his weapons. A young QB developed under him.

He's probably a moonshot that we have no chance at.

But, IF MB did decide to pass on Hue, I think Bienemy is our best hope.
Reply/Quote
The 2nd best Berman nickname ever.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Bienemy would be a perfect fit.
he could take all he learned from Reid much like Nagy and apply it properly to the Bengals existing talent on offense. I think Driskel.could be ideal fit for that kind of offense he would want to.run
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:26 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The 2nd best Berman nickname ever.

What was your #1 ? I kinda miss him except for the back back back gone, that got old.

As far as Bienemy hell yes !
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:41 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: What was your #1 ? I kinda miss him except for the back back back gone, that got old.

As far as Bienemy hell yes !

Burt "Be Home" Blyleven. But you have to be a Richard Pryor fan to full enjoy it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:20 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hue will be more of the same. Marvin is stale!

MB only seems to hire people he is familiar with. Eric Bienemy is a former Bengals RB...and a hot HC candidate as he is the Chiefs offensive coordinator. He is creative. He figures out ways to get the ball to his weapons. A young QB developed under him.

I don't think Bienemy is an ideal candidate.  He is only in his first year as an NFL coordinator and his 2 years as a college OC at Colorado didn't exactly go well.  HC duties is a big step up and here he will also be heavily involved in personnel decisions.  He's a huge gamble imo.  He would bring some excitement and I'm sure the fan base would get behind the hire, though.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:55 AM)Whatever Wrote: I don't think Bienemy is an ideal candidate.  He is only in his first year as an NFL coordinator and his 2 years as a college OC at Colorado didn't exactly go well.  HC duties is a big step up and here he will also be heavily involved in personnel decisions.  He's a huge gamble imo.  He would bring some excitement and I'm sure the fan base would get behind the hire, though.

A guy like Bill Cowher was a special teams coach. I think you need a young, innovative mind in the current NFL. Then get him good coordinators.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:52 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Burt "Be Home" Blyleven. But you have to be a Richard Pryor fan to full enjoy it.

Forgot about that one. In fact I've forgot most of em. 

Emersom, Lake, and Palmero comes to mind. He had a bunch of baseball ones. Back when I still watched baseball.
Reply/Quote
Shit.... he'll just be set up for failure too. Ain't nobody winning here until Ebenezer is out of the picture for good...and maybe not even then. This team is ran like a 1950s soda fountain in the era of Amazon.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
There is no hope until Mikey dies
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:55 AM)Whatever Wrote: I don't think Bienemy is an ideal candidate.  He is only in his first year as an NFL coordinator and his 2 years as a college OC at Colorado didn't exactly go well.  HC duties is a big step up and here he will also be heavily involved in personnel decisions.  He's a huge gamble imo.  He would bring some excitement and I'm sure the fan base would get behind the hire, though.

I agree with this...He's gonna have to put in a couple more years as the Chiefs OC for me.

My choice this year is Pete Carmichael. Like Bienemy Carmichael is in his Head Coaches offensive system and doesn't call the plays but unlike Bienemy Carmichael has been the Saints OC since 2009 and was apart of the offenose before that...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:20 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hue will be more of the same. Marvin is stale!

Too much work for Mike Brown. He’d rather deal with Marvin Lewis 2.0 aka Big Baby Huey
Reply/Quote

I wouldn't use Colorado too much against Bienemy. They had just moved to the PAC-12 and it's not like Colorado was winning many recruiting battles while in the Big 12 with the Texas schools, Oklahoma, Nebraska, even Missouri. No coach or coordinator has been able to achieve much there in the past 20 years or so outside of a couple lucky conference game appearances.

I think all candidates, especially offensive-minded candidates, should be considered. He's not at the top of the list of coaches I'd like to be considered but I wouldn't hate it. Literally anyone but Hue and Marvin will bring more hope. 
Reply/Quote
I thought he might be a good candidate,but now im not really liking that idea. He seems like hed fail more likely then succeed here,i can here the excuses that he wasnt the kne who called plays. Im not sure what all he does.
Reply/Quote
As much as I dislike our current ownership I still have a tough time believing that they'd give the reigns over to Hue after his Cleveland mess. I also think Marvin gets the pass because of so many injuries so at least another season of the M&H show..
I knew you'd approve.  After all , Marv changed the culture .it wasn't working so they went back to the old one.. Losing is still profitable in this league. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 07:18 AM)grampahol Wrote: As much as I dislike our current ownership I still have a tough time believing that they'd give the reigns over to Hue after his Cleveland mess. I also think Marvin gets the pass because of so many injuries so at least another season of the M&H show..
I knew you'd approve.  After all , Marv changed the culture .it wasn't working so they went back to the old one.. Losing is still profitable in this league. 

You underestimate the ineptitude and tone deafness of Son of Paul .......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 03:41 AM)Synric Wrote: I agree with this...He's gonna have to put in a couple more years as the Chiefs OC for me.

My choice this year is Pete Carmichael. Like Bienemy Carmichael is in his Head Coaches offensive system and doesn't call the plays but unlike Bienemy Carmichael has been the Saints OC since 2009 and was apart of the offenose before that...

Honestly, you could name assistant OC's for the top offenses from around the league and I'd be ok with most of them.

We do need to look at personality and leadership and not sheer success. And are they organized?

You see a lot of Patriots coordinators fail as they can't recreate the Patriots system in other cities.
Reply/Quote
Andy Reid is the OC. We need an Offensive minded HC that has at least called plays. Not many out there from these top offenses in the league.

It's time to stop saying Marvin changed the culture. The culture is as bad as it's been since 2002 (If HC and Assistant to the HC getting mocked and belittled by Browns players during the game to their faces didn't expose that), with the team looking aged and done.

What the Browns players did to our coaches to their face (mocking them, handing INT balls to them, snubbing them after the game) during the game was unprecedented and wouldn't have happened to no other club. The Bengals and the Organization are in a bad way right now and still headed in the wrong direction if you can believe that.

The Browns (THE BROWNS!) pretty much buried the team, the Marvin Lewis era, it's HC and future HC. They've never rebounded from the wildcard meltdown, they def won't recover for the unapologetic, unashamed, outright disrespect and mockery to their faces on their sideline from the lowly Browns. And to think not one member of the Bengals team came to their coaches aid as Brown player after Brown player ran up to them and mocked them throughout the game.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Marvin is still signed through the 2019 season, guys. This sh*t show is going nowhere. Marvin is not worried about his job.
Reply/Quote
Marvin's reaction after reading comments here that he won't be here next season:

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote